PDA

View Full Version : forum tools box.

nijineko
03-05-2008, 06:45 AM
can the forum tools box also be made to appear in the subforums pages where there is no place to post, please?

Jonathan Kwiat
03-06-2008, 07:50 AM
can the forum tools box also be made to appear in the subforums pages where there is no place to post, please?

Could you use a dual monitor Set-Up on your home system, open two brosers (different ones), next log in with the same account and turn your head?

Mozilla, and Opera say or for you...

Safari Browser and Mozilla Broswer.

Would that work?

nijineko
03-06-2008, 09:13 AM
theoretically, depending on how the security is set up....

Jonathan Kwiat
03-06-2008, 10:57 AM
theoretically, depending on how the security is set up....

Yeah...:cool:

it all l depends doesn't it? Well Mac boxes should like Safari alot even if it didn't come with it. Next you could 'float' Mozilla which will do a full install from source code if you need it, uninstall it first (completely), and that should tell you which broswer is acting buggin on you.

That's my advice to you anyway. But is only 2 cents worth of advice so take it with a grain of salt, never embed yourself completely into anybody elses world view.

Dual monitors...those are cool and CHEAP. Do a CRT (big heavy) / flat screen 15.4 inch junk.

:D

Jonathan Kwiat
03-06-2008, 11:04 AM

ask freejack on this board about it. He knows a heck of a lot more about it then me but do it private if you can.

That guy should be running Shadowrun games and I think he does.

nijineko
03-07-2008, 10:43 AM
oh, i have no issues with dual monitor support. all i have to do is plug in the second monitor and the mac automatically incorporates it into the desktop. literally plug and play. =D

Jonathan Kwiat
03-08-2008, 09:37 AM
oh, i have no issues with dual monitor support. all i have to do is plug in the second monitor and the mac automatically incorporates it into the desktop. literally plug and play. =D

Yeah plug and play with dual monitors as been around a long time.

So why this question on the forum interface tools?

How deeply do you want to embed yourself into this forum?

Farcaster
03-08-2008, 01:41 PM
How deeply do you want to embed yourself into this forum?

I have to admit that sounds pretty obscene. :p

boulet
03-08-2008, 01:43 PM
And we didn't mention all these INSERT commands yet !

Jonathan Kwiat
03-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I have to admit that sounds pretty obscene. :p

LOL! :D

Well, that's what they call it don't they? "Embedding people into technology." The whole beauty of cell phone contracts is that sometimes the penalty clauses can be so steep for a person that they stick with the technology until familiarity breeds not "contempt" but a sense of "family." Often what we know becomes comfortable.

Well, the board works for me, I just came home from a D&D game that I found through here! <YEAH!>

I'm just saying when the interface of the board becomes so good that to leave it becomes painful...well. A little rough edges for me is not a problem.

I am just glad we have good community here. That's important.

nijineko
03-09-2008, 12:37 AM
ah, but with windows, you have to change some settings.

in any case, it's no biggie, just that certain levels of the sub-forums don't have the option of marking them read. that's all. ^^

Jonathan Kwiat
03-09-2008, 11:33 AM
ah, but with windows, you have to change some settings.

in any case, it's no biggie, just that certain levels of the sub-forums don't have the option of marking them read. that's all. ^^

Aw well,,, don't tell anybody but a guy that did a lot of stuff involving database software, not that I know anybody like that personally but...

I mean me, well I think you could drive somebody like that MENTAL harping on the imperfections of his code.

Yeah so if you want to go complaining about it Nijineko GO RIGHT AHEAD!

:eek:

Be well,

Jonathan S. Kwiat

nijineko
03-10-2008, 07:24 AM
that's why it's a request, not a demand. and it's no biggie, in any case. =)

boulet
03-10-2008, 07:33 AM
yeah otherwise he would have mentioned that his honor was inline and he was ready to commit seppuku in his white kimono * shamisen palying in the background *

nijineko
03-10-2008, 10:45 AM
only a shamisen? what about the koto? gotta have some class, man.... ;D

boulet
03-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Well it always seemed to me that it was the most nostalgic sound...

Maybe you could compose a haiku about the despair caused by the missing forum toolbox ? If it's good enough Farcaster will be compelled to indulge your request !

nijineko
03-11-2008, 01:08 AM
*snicker* we'll see. =D

Farcaster
03-12-2008, 02:03 PM

By the by, if I understand you correctly, it already does show up. It's below the sub-forum list.

boulet
03-12-2008, 02:07 PM
And my haiku ? I feel cheated now !

nijineko
03-15-2008, 02:23 AM
look again, oh head,
there is one that lacks its link,
the leaves blow gently.

boulet
03-15-2008, 12:28 PM
* applause * boulet happy :)

nijineko
03-16-2008, 01:53 AM
(specifically, the hosted forums sub-forum doesn't have the link, which is the one i was requesting it for.) ^^

boulet
03-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Is it about marking the pbp subforums as read except for the one you run ?

Farcaster
03-16-2008, 09:45 PM
But, it is there.. See attached.

nijineko
03-17-2008, 12:18 AM
if you go up one level from that, you will see that on that level it does not have it. the "hosted forums", i think it's called. the news/polls is the same way. i frequently find myself checking the play-by-post stuff and then backing up a level and don't want to check the meetup forums... hence the desire to have the ability to mark the rest of the stuff read at that particular level of the sub-forum. i should have attached a screenshot from the start to help out. sorry about that. ^^

Farcaster
03-17-2008, 03:31 AM
Ahh.. That is because it is a category, not a forum. I never thought about the fact that it did not have a tool to mark all of the forums underneath it read. I'll have to check into that.

nijineko
03-17-2008, 09:01 AM
=D thank you very much for checking into that! it is appreciated, regardless of how it may turn out. =D and thank you for the clarification too. it always helps knowing the proper name to refer to something with, ne? ^^

sreeja
04-03-2008, 02:06 AM
I think it better to appear it in that place also.But the thread closed so the posting is not allowed.

nijineko
04-03-2008, 06:34 AM
so is this still a possibility perhaps? i note that the fantasy, sci-fi, and superhero subforums all have the mark forum read option, i'm just hoping for it to be added to the hosted games subforum too. ^^