PDA

View Full Version : Worst Sci/ fi Movie of all time.

Citadel
03-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Yes it the title says it all. I know everyone has one so here's mine.

Flash Gordon with a close second Captin America the late 70's version

Freejack
03-03-2008, 08:32 PM
"Flash Gordon"? You mean the one with the Queen soundtrack? I _like_ that one. But I like Howard The Duck too.

So how about Battlefield Earth? Even the book was hokey :)

Carl

tesral
03-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Starcrash. If you never heard of it, there is a reason.

Then there is the ultimate Golden Turkey. Plan Nine from Outer Space.

nijineko
03-04-2008, 09:14 AM
attack of the killer tomatoes? but most people like that one.

tesral
03-04-2008, 09:37 AM
attack of the killer tomatoes? but most people like that one.

It was made tongue in cheek. They knew it was shlock, and it's shlock without pretense.

MortonStromgal
03-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Event Horizon, I know some people liked it but it just annoyed me worse than Noober in Baldur's Gate.

Inquisitor Tremayne
03-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Worst Sci-fi movie of all time!!???

Is that even possible!!??

Although Event Horizon was pretty stupid and all the Alien rip-offs in that movie made me mad.

I don't like dated sci-fi, like Flash Gordon or Planet of the Apes. Yep I said it, I don't like Planet of the Apes. I also don't like Star Wars A New Hope. Too dated. Anything that looks like it was made in the 60s-70s I am against. This is also the reason why I don't like ANY Star Trek.

I'm sure everyone is starting to wonder why I am the Mod for the Sci-Fi/Futuristic boards now!!:D

MMMWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Emrys
10-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Corn. To be blunt, there IS no outcome to this movie. The movie seems to exist solely for the sake of using up an hour and 37 minutes of film. There is one painfully long and awkward 30-45 second scene that involves a mailman delivering a letter and getting a scientist to sign for it. What's the point? Surely there must be one. You keep thinking they must be going somewhere with all of these painfully long and awkwardly paced scenes, so you keep watching. After all, you have invested an hour or so watching scene after scene of this, so you figure surely something is going to happen. Nope.

I wish I could think of a better way to describe how boring and pointless this movie is, but just like it's plot, there's no point.

Etarnon
10-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Event Horizon is actually one of my favorite films. I don't look for "Ripoff of another movie" when I am watching a movie, I look for the story.

My pick for film I liked least is certainly: Battle Beyond The Stars.

tesral
10-17-2009, 01:28 AM
My pick for film I liked least is certainly: Battle Beyond The Stars.

Compared to Star Crash BBtS was high art.

Skunkape
10-19-2009, 10:05 AM

Caroline Munro! Mmmmmm!

Starcrash, nope never heard of it!:D

outrider
10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
There have been so many bad science fiction fiction movies out there, its nearly impossible to pick. my pick would be Yor hunter from the future or Judge Dredd or Predator 2 or the george clooney remake of Solaris as well as the above choices.

tesral
10-19-2009, 12:55 PM
There have been so many bad science fiction fiction movies out there, its nearly impossible to pick. my pick would be Yor hunter from the future or Judge Dredd or Predator 2 or the george clooney remake of Solaris as well as the above choices.

Yor the Bore, good choice.

WhiteTiger
10-19-2009, 01:50 PM
"Flash Gordon"? You mean the one with the Queen soundtrack? I _like_ that one. But I like Howard The Duck too.

So how about Battlefield Earth? Even the book was hokey :)

Carl

I gotta agree with Freejack... Battlefield Earth was atrocious. :yuck:

Hoitash
10-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Space Mutiny.

It could have been good, even with the BSG ripoff scenes. But no, they screwed it up, even the railing kills.

At least MST3K made it good.

CarlZog
10-19-2009, 02:49 PM

Yep. Exactly what I was going to say. These two pretty much cover it.

Bearfoot_Adam
10-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Episodes 1,2, and 3 only because They were such a let down.

CarlZog
10-20-2009, 06:06 AM
Caroline Munro! Mmmmmm!

Starcrash, nope never heard of it!:D

I suppose that was its one saving grace..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzfuNSpP0RA

michaelsbagley
10-20-2009, 08:07 AM
How has "Barbarella" and "Ice Pirates" not made this list? Or "Krull" (although Krull may fit more into Fantasy than Sci-Fi)? "Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn"!

Yeah I spent too much of the 80s watching bad sci-fi films... :lol:

traesin
10-20-2009, 08:32 AM
my vote is for Ice pirates. Oh boy was that bad.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-20-2009, 09:31 AM
How has "Barbarella" and "Ice Pirates" not made this list? Or "Krull" (although Krull may fit more into Fantasy than Sci-Fi)? "Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn"!

my vote is for Ice pirates. Oh boy was that bad.

Ice Pirates was awesome. What's wrong with you two? :confused:

tesral
10-20-2009, 11:30 AM
I suppose that was its one saving grace..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzfuNSpP0RA

Snerk! The first screen should say "Prepare to Hurl."

At least Habitat for Humanity had lots of wood that year. I understand New World Picture donated the excess acting.

michaelsbagley
10-20-2009, 03:07 PM

What's wrong with me? Did you not read my post?

I thought having a rotted brain was a natural leap in logic from that statement! :laugh:

Sascha
10-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Space Mutiny.
Bob Johnson! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY)

The lich has a point. Kids these days~

traesin
10-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Bob Johnson! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY)

The lich has a point. Kids these days~

I think I'm beyond the "kid" label.

I have just seen something worse than Ice pirates. The Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy.

tesral
10-21-2009, 09:08 AM

I have just seen something worse than Ice pirates. The Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy.

I think we are going beyond Science Fiction here and approaching "What were they THINKING!"

Richard Littles
10-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Since no one has mentioned it, I put forth The Fantastic Four by Roger Corrman. It is so bad that it makes all the other films mentioned in this thread look like Oscar contenders. :lol:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-21-2009, 09:39 AM

That does sound bad.

cliff
10-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Since no one has mentioned it, I put forth The Fantastic Four by Roger Corrman. It is so bad that it makes all the other films mentioned in this thread look like Oscar contenders. :lol:

To be fair, you could probably say "* by Roger Corman."

tesral
10-21-2009, 01:48 PM
It was never released, so it's badness cannot be universally known.

I will say that a film has to suck pretty bad to get canned.

Snuffy
10-21-2009, 02:12 PM
"That's like closing the barn door after the horses have already escaped and eaten the children"
It was so bad, I forgot the name of the movie.

kurtthedm
10-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Battlefield Earth hands down. Over-the-top acting, bizarre dialogue and script, and completely ridiculous scenes like cavemen flying F-16s to destroy advanced alien spaceships. The entire cast, writers and crew of that movie should be ashamed that they crafted that drivel and claimed that it was somehow a masterpiece worthy of theatrical release.

Seriously. Total Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot of a movie.

Richard Littles
10-21-2009, 06:43 PM
It was never released, so it's badness cannot be universally known.

I will say that a film has to suck pretty bad to get canned.

I didn't realize that being released was a requirement for being a bad movie. ;)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
10-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Battlefield Earth hands down. Over-the-top acting, bizarre dialogue and script, and completely ridiculous scenes like cavemen flying F-16s to destroy advanced alien spaceships. The entire cast, writers and crew of that movie should be ashamed that they crafted that drivel and claimed that it was somehow a masterpiece worthy of theatrical release.

Seriously. Total Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot of a movie.
Couldn't agree more. What a horrible movie. It was so horrible that it was insulting.

tesral
10-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I didn't realize that being released was a requirement for being a bad movie. ;)

It makes its badness better known. However one can argue that canning a film is an admission by the makers that it stank.

Couldn't agree more. What a horrible movie. It was so horrible that it was insulting.

400,000 word book by a guy that could not cut it in Science Fiction, so he started a religion, cut down to a two hour movie. Yea, suck is bound to happen. And I understand they stayed true to the material.

When you start with suck, suck is all you can get.

traesin
10-23-2009, 03:27 AM
well now I know not to watch it.

Dytrrnikl
10-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Wow!! I had almost forgotten about the travesty that is Space Mutiny. For me it's a toss up between Yor Hunter from the Future and Johnny Moronic - err - Mnemonic. Both of which are ties with the Spacehunter debacle. Cheap film people - the canned footage helped it become a complete train wreck.

Eryiedes
11-14-2009, 03:57 AM
I think its gotta be either:

1) Battle beyond the stars
2) Galaxy of terror
3) Message from space
4) Metalstorm the adventures of jared-syn 3D
5) Spacehunter adventures in the forbidden zone
6) Gunhed
7) Morons from outer space
8) Ice Pirates

Something like that.....

Peace & Light

Webhead
11-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I've got a good one (or bad one as the case may be):

Reptilian

It's sort of a sci-fi/monster movie in the vein of Godzilla. Surprisingly though, it was one of those movies that was so bad that you couldn't help but laugh and heckle your way through it just to see exactly how far into the depths of absurdity it was going to go.

*SPOILERS (for those who care)*

Let me briefly recount what semblence of a plot it had:

*A bunch of government-sponsored paleontologists on modern-day Earth (it is important to remember this detail) uncover an intact skeleton for some gigantic dinosaur.

*A large digital clock in some secret government lab is shown every so often, apparently counting down from 48 hours or so.

*It is revealed through cutscenes that the dinosaur was actually an alien super-weapon that was planted on Earth millions of years ago. Now that it has been unburied, the aliens reanimate the creature and it terrorizes "the city".

*The clock continues to count down, with no indication to the audience as to why.

*When the usual waves of tanks, helicopters and fighter jets fail to stop the creature, the government task force suddenly decides that this is a good opportunity to test out some experimental rocket packs and laser guns they have been developing.

*The purpose of the clock is now revealed: it is the countdown until the government launches a last-ditch nuclear strike against the monster. This is despite the fact that the clock was shown before the creature was ever established as a threat or even as alive at all.

*The government discovers that the creature is being controlled by the aliens (orbiting earth in their spaceship) with a crystal embedded in its forehead. The rocket pack and laser gun toting infantry destroy the crystal and free the creature from the alien mind control. Successful in subduing the creature, the nuclear strike is called off.

*With Reptilian now siding with the humans (for some reason), the aliens decide to send down a...get this...bigger, meaner, tougher monster to destroy Reptilian.

*The humans and Reptilian team up and defeat the big, bad monster and the alien ship leaves Earth in defeat.

:faint2:

Hoitash
11-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I fail to see how that makes it a bad movie. I mean besides being a sci-fi orginal, I think.

Eryiedes
11-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Wow!! I had almost forgotten about the travesty that is Space Mutiny. For me it's a toss up between Yor Hunter from the Future and Johnny Moronic - err - Mnemonic. Both of which are ties with the Spacehunter debacle. Cheap film people - the canned footage helped it become a complete train wreck.

Damn...I completely forgot just how bad "Yor; the hunter from the future" was till you mentioned.
Whoever was reponsible for that stinker shoulda been given "buckwheats"

I am still shuddering just thinking about how truely bad it was.

As bad as Yor was...YOU KNOW that somewhere out there in carrot-land...somebody is sitting there thinking to himself:
"What was so bad about Yor?"
This person MUST be immediately located and killed with extreme prejudice.

Peace & Light

tesral
11-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Damn...I completely forgot just how bad "Yor; the hunter from the future" was till you mentioned.
Whoever was responsible for that stinker shoulda been given "buckwheats"

Yor the Bore. I paid money to see that dog. Someone owes me a refund and two hours.

Starcrash, can't forget Starcrash*.

Didn't Bill Cosby make something vaguely future themed and truly bad? For a brilliant guy he picks the dogs. I mean really picks them.

* I would like to, but I can't.

Eryiedes
11-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Starcrash, can't forget Starcrash*.

* I would like to, but I can't.

That is very true as well....but in the very least, Starcrash had Caroline Monro scantly clad for pretty much the duration of the flick....thats gotta count for something, doesn't it?
Now, that I think about it.......No...No, it doesn't....but that probably explains why you "can't" forget it.....she was a babe, even for the gorilla mitten 70's bimbos that proliferated B-Movies of that time.

Peace & Light

Etarnon
11-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Actually, I saw Yor three times on the base theater, when I was going to USN Torpedo School in 1984.

The group of people I went with were all players in my Gamma World Game.

It was corny, yet cool in a gamma world-y sort of way.

I was thinking about that film just the other day, when I was considering introducing the younger crowd around here to gamma world.

tesral
11-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Actually, I saw Yor three times on the base theater, when I was going to USN Torpedo School in 1984.

You where that bored?

I now know that not joining the military was a great idea.

Hoitash
11-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Well, nice to know you know your priorities :)

Those are important. Wish I knew mine, might make finding women easier.