PDA

View Full Version : Painting minis for dough

Histati
02-25-2008, 09:18 PM

tesral
02-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Well I don't do it myself, but Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Miniature+painting+service&spell=1) is your friend. I found a page full (at the link) with one search.

Histati
02-26-2008, 02:53 PM
what do you mean? people that will paint minis fo $$

tesral
02-26-2008, 05:22 PM
what do you mean? people that will paint minis fo $$

Yes, click the link.

ffclubhero
09-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Blue Table Painting (BTP to it's fans) is sweet. Check 'em out on youtube.com. They can do alot, or just a little, depending on what you want- fantasy, sci-fi, historical, custom, etc.

They also play the games they paint for, so there's a whole lotta love.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes, there can be alot of money in painting miniatures, if you have the talent. My question has always been, are 'pro-painted' miniatures worth the effort? Seems that it would take alot of time to paint up a good miniature, and the more hours you put into it, the less you make.

Thoth-Amon

tesral
09-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Yes, there can be alot of money in painting miniatures, if you have the talent. My question has always been, are 'pro-painted' miniatures worth the effort? Seems that it would take alot of time to paint up a good miniature, and the more hours you put into it, the less you make.

Thoth-Amon

It's worth it to me to get an army painted. If someone is willing to give me a price I am willing to pay to paint 50 Eryian Soldiers, I'll pay it.

Mead
09-17-2008, 02:03 PM

Thoth-Amon

If you get a good painter or even an average painter who is organised and dedicated, it can take a surprisingly small amount of time. Of course, most of the figs wouldn't be painted to display quality, but they can still be made to look full of awesome.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=27266

This fellow is speed-painting an army, no blending, display quality only on the leaders and certain pieces. Gawd it must be nice to make a living from that sort of thing :)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I wasnt talking about the buyers of the miniatures, of course it's a good deal. I was speaking of the individuals that put in the many hours painting the miniatures then selling them.

Thoth-Amon

MinipainterUS
11-30-2008, 07:45 AM
I started painting full time 9 years ago, and haven't looked back. I'm not going to get rich doing it, but my bills are paid every month, I have light and heat, and eat once in a while. :lol: I can't speak for the rest of the pros, but I love my job and can't imagine going back to a "real job".

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
11-30-2008, 12:49 PM
I started painting full time 9 years ago, and haven't looked back. I'm not going to get rich doing it, but my bills are paid every month, I have light and heat, and eat once in a while. :lol: I can't speak for the rest of the pros, but I love my job and can't imagine going back to a "real job".
Through my life experience, i have found it's better to enjoy doing what youre doing that doing something youre not. Congrats to you.

ChaunceyK
09-24-2009, 09:56 PM

Just what I needed. I've been stressing the past few days to find "the right" mini, since being accepted into a 4e group that starts in just over a month. I found a mini I like, but I really want it painted. Just FINALLY figured today...wait a minute, P&PG has to have SOMEONE who can do it!

Be watching for my e-mail!

Skunkape
09-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Well for an army that you're going to use often, do you really want figures that are display quality? Granted, I know you want your figures to look good, but with use, they're going to get damaged, so personally, I don't want my figures painted up to display quality level.

Course, I do my own painting, so I take it to a level I like. But there's nothing wrong with hiring someone or painting figures for someone else and spending/making money doing it.

WhiteTiger
09-25-2009, 08:56 AM
I've seen quite a few on ebay.. usually the mini's are like $100 and up.

I can't pay that... so when it comes to painting mini's... I say...

Where's the SprayCan ??? :rockon:

ChaunceyK
09-25-2009, 09:33 AM
I haven't got the confidence to paint it myself...afraid it'd look like a 5-year old did it. And I don't want something super-sensational. Just a basic paint job that's functional enough to be picked up & moved (up to) 6 spaces at a time. :)

michael
09-25-2009, 12:36 PM
I used to sell them on eBay, but it took way too many hours for it to be profitable. I haven't painted a mini in two years.

ChaunceyK
09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
...functional enough to be picked up & moved (up to) 6 spaces at a time. :)

My bad, my new character is a Dwarf. I was thinking of my Halfling who I'm used to playing. Make that "moved (up to) 5 spaces at a time."

outrider
09-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I used painting to supplement my gaming fix. Had a couple of regular customers who sent things my way all the time.