PDA

View Full Version : Ooc



kipling
02-25-2008, 01:41 PM
A place for comments that are out of character, and just chat.

BlaqueSaber
02-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Ok....I'm ready. Lets play

kipling
02-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Well, I'll need to see your character write-up and background first.

And we have another player who hasn't given me a character yet.

nijineko
03-01-2008, 12:50 AM
i am (slowly) working on making the character. i should have more time to hammer out the character sheet this monday and tuesday, my weekend at current. new system for me, so please be kind. i'm going as quickly as i am able.

background will be drawn more from the novels, since that's what i'm familiar with. i will try to incorporate alterations suitable for the period.

nijineko
03-01-2008, 12:51 AM
will you be available, and if so-when, around monday and tuesday evening(s)/night(s)?

BlaqueSaber
03-01-2008, 01:48 AM
I can have mine done at the same time.

BlaqueSaber
03-01-2008, 01:55 AM
I could do one or the other 9:00 Pacific...

kipling
03-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Monday, after 9:30 PM EST; Tuesday, I might be able to manage earlier. (My wife has informed me she'll be out and I'll have the children.)

nijineko
03-02-2008, 05:43 AM
isn't that sweet of her! ;D (actually i do the same for my wife whenever i can. she needs the breaks! =D

kipling
03-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Some tricky things about character creation that people have missed....

TRADE-OFFS

A better way to think about trade-offs is that together, Attack and damage (or Saving Throw difficulty) can't exceed 20, or that together Defense and Toughness (and Protection or Force Field) can't exceed 20. That includes additions to Attack that come from feats; if it says "capped by campaign power level" or something similar, it counts against the limit. So your character's Attack + Attack Focus feats + Attack Specializations + Damage has to stay at or under 20.

You can't use Attack trade-offs with attacks that don't have an attack roll, because there's nothing to trade off. (Perception-range attacks are an example of these.) In the same way, any attack bought with No Saving Throw (a +2 extra) can't do a trade-off; it's limited to 10 ranks (the campaign PL) because there's no damage saving throw.

Say you have a +8 Attack and +12 Damage saving throw tradeoff: you've got damage of +12, and you've traded 2 points of Attack for that. You've bought your Attack to +8. It's still at +8 if you buy a +10 No Saving Roll attack, because you've only paid for +8 Attack.

A feat like Attack Focus (Melee) is really Attack (limited to melee), so it counts against your limit.

DRAWBACKS

I've never explicitly stated it, but the limit on Drawbacks points is the campaign PL--you can't get more than 10 points in Drawbacks. (You can have as many Complications as you want, though, and those generate Hero Points for you.)

EXTRA RANKS

If you have more than the allowable limit of something, you just lose the extra. So why waste the points?

Now, you can have more than 10 ranks of a power, if it doesn't force a saving throw. You can have 12 ranks of Flight, for instance, or 30 ranks of Immunity. If a power does not force any roll (or increase a statistic that is limited, such as Growth does), you can have as many ranks as you can afford.

After we play a bit, I'll let people re-design their characters so you and I can fit together better. At that point, I might have additional rulings to make (I haven't seen everything yet; I've only GMed M&M in person for two campaigns, and new stuff always surprises me).

nijineko
03-04-2008, 03:05 AM
awesome clarifications! thank you very much. i still have a couple of things i'd like to take some time to review with you, when you get the chance. but i'll try to put together what i can and make notes as i go of questions and whatnot.

drfeck
03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
If so, let me know...I will have my write up of Jason Blood/Etrigan

Ballzy1
03-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Can't wait to get this going - I think it will be fun!

kipling
03-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Okay, I'm semi-officially back. Lot of reading and catching up to do, but I'll try to get to everything.

kipling
03-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Okay, not all characters are in yet, but the background for the first adventure is up.

nijineko
03-16-2008, 02:58 PM
^^'''

kipling
03-16-2008, 06:44 PM
(I apologize about the deletion; I was trying to move it but only succeeded in deleting and recreating the content elsewhere.)

kipling
03-16-2008, 08:05 PM
In fact, there are two characters that are not yet in.

So There. ^^''' (Hmm. I thought at first that was an emoticon for tongue-blowing or a raspberry, but now I can't really map it except to a guy missing part of his head or hair--which I happen to be in both cases, so it fits.)

nijineko
03-17-2008, 12:03 AM
heheheh. that's the anime emoticon for an exessively large sweat drop or drops, sliding down the side of the head; which denote a number of things, but in this case, mild stress and embaressment. mostly stress.

every time i think i have it down, some other thing pops up, or something family comes up. ^^ however i have this tue and wed off, so i'll make it a priority to get it done then. =D

BlaqueSaber
03-19-2008, 10:45 AM
I guess, since no one has balked, Azrael is ready for play. So am I.

kipling
03-19-2008, 11:04 AM
It's in chapter 1. A League, Under the Sea.

I can edit the posts I made so Azrael is not there or goes to check the railway car or whatever. Same for Super Soul and for the Elongated Fellow, but Blood stated he wanted to go down to the laboratory.

spotlight
03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Sorry I have not posted the Elongated Man character yet. I did not locate M&M books at my local Half-Price as I had hoped and I haven't been able to locate the pre-set ones that you recomended. As soon as I DO find the lists I would love to joi8n the group. Perhaps you could PM a link for me, while I continue searching.

kipling
03-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Sure. For the Elongated Man, try either http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=302031#302031 for the PL 9 147 point version, or http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=285876#285876 for the PL 8 120 point version.

kipling
03-24-2008, 02:38 PM
No one is going to comment on Super Soul's idea that he do recon?

spotlight
03-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Still looking for the two Elongated Man samples that you recomended. I think one of the players names that you suggested must be mis-spelled, I cannot located him at all.

kipling
03-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Strange--I cut and pasted links directly to the pages.

Send me an email address and I'll send the write-ups directly to you.

Jhmcmullen (at) yahoo (dot) com

spotlight
03-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Hey, thanks for the help. Although I do not understand all the details listed on the character sheets, I think I can follow most of the stats. I like the one at Atomic Think Tank power 9 (pp147)
There are a couple of small changes to be done. Need to take out the Computer skill and replace it with a Librarian skill of some sort.
The other example had a ranged sence of detect mystery. Is it possible to add it into this one?

Most of my posting is currently at the local library (strange, just like E.M.) 'cause my home comp had a virus which, well, destroyed it. Which means I can't paste and cut sll this material myself. If that causes any problems, well just kick my backside for it. I'll understand.

But I really would like to help solve your mysterious ship attack.

spotlight
03-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Sorry, I just found your links on the other posting. As soon as I locate a players manual for M&M, I'll get busy studying all the little details I rekon I'll need. Thanks for all your current help.

I cannot download the sheet for the Power9 (147pp) at the Atomic Think Tank myself as I am on a library comp. The thing has restrictions on what it allows. Especially unathourized cookies.

If you can handle that, I can start playing as quick as you say go.

kipling
03-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Actually, you can start playing now, because combat is a few days away. You can at least be in character.

BlaqueSaber
03-25-2008, 12:31 PM
If you need it I can set up a "DROP" at www.drop.io (http://www.drop.io) for you with M&M files...

spotlight
03-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Hey, Hey. Thanks for the DROP idea. however i do not know how well it will work on the library comps. My family is constantly sending photos to my email box and I have to store them 'cause this place seems to restrict most pdf files. Get That! Good way to restrict the porn, though!

By the way, now that E.M. is in there, shall I post an entrance or wait for official permission???

kipling
03-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Go ahead; you're already there, you just haven't spoken yet.

But if you want to make an entrance, go ahead; I'll just edit the older posts to remove E.M.

nijineko
03-27-2008, 02:59 AM
i found wikipedia helpful in researching the time periods during and before our current date... hence my asking what date it was specifically, so that i could get ideas for what my character and minions and aliases are likely to be up to in their various areas of expertise. =D

nijineko
03-29-2008, 02:12 AM
has the shadow been made aware of how they will be traveling / arriving?

kipling
03-29-2008, 07:07 AM
The rest of the team doesn't knoiw, but I presume the Shadow does. Depending on other work (ijn other words, your choice) he might be waiting in Boston or he might take a train when telegraphed.

kipling
04-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Okay, between breakfast and night references, I don't know what's in character and what's not.

It's the noon hour in Boston. The characters left London between nine and ten, spent eight hours going across the Atlantic, and there's a five hour difference. So it's now between noon and one, although the characters might have been up for hours (that is, it feels like dinnertime: past time for tea).

Just because I'm nitpicky.

nijineko
04-03-2008, 07:21 AM
ah, i think my efforts to sprinkle old-english references have been confusing things. "break fast", the words which eventually became breakfast, technically have nothing to do with eating in the morning. however since sleep was considered a fast (period of time without food or water), especially as one was hungry after it, the first meal of the day was often referenced to as "breaking ones fast".

in my usage, ms. lane was thinking that since you came in a single rail car, it had no dinner car attached, and thus it is a likely assumption that everyone has had nothing to eat. so, she is inviting everyone to break their fast with dinner, as it is currently noon-ish, not counting travel-lag.

admittedly, i also mistakenly assumed that it was night, although i have edited my posts since to reflect kipling's comments on the time of day. i'm pretty sure that the fine gentlemen would also feel that a railroad yard, with who knows what unsavory sorts hanging about, is no place for a lady, regardless of the time of day.

nijineko
04-08-2008, 08:14 PM
ooooh. interesting points about the testimony. things worth thinking about indeed.

kipling
04-08-2008, 08:42 PM
You wouldn't necessarily know (or the character wouldn't), but the guys in the boiler room pretty much always died. In case of a ramming kind of accident or an action, the boiler room was pretty much the worst place to be.

Other points...interesting. We'll see where it goes.

nijineko
04-08-2008, 11:29 PM
if cold sea water hit those hot boilers... *BOOM* that's pretty much all they wrote.

spotlight
04-09-2008, 06:16 PM
True enuf. In those days, boiler room explosions were not uncommon. But, then the blook did not report an explosion of that sort until after the second strike (assuming) as he stated the ship broke in two.

Of course there is still the VAGUE statement that the XO died, and without any reported injuries.

But of course, our GM may have not thought out this direction of our inquiry. He may just want us to go do something else, like investigate the wreck site.

A simple Mariner's Court Inquiry handed to us, confirming Mr. W's verasity would surfice to redirect Mr. 'strechy' Disney's curiocity.

But,that would hamber his inquisitiveness, wouldn't it?

spotlight
04-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Whopp, sorry, that is Mr. B. For Bentham. not Mr. W. I just couldn't remember the name. Guess I'll have to make myself a little list in my note pad. (empties out purse, 'Where is that thing?')

Ballzy1
04-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Just wondered what Mr Bentham's answer was to if he would be able to lead us back to site I hadn't seen him reply to that of yet? Thanks!

nijineko
04-09-2008, 10:48 PM
considering it was the middle of the sea... unless he happened to know his rough coords, that might be a bit tricky... to be honest, my first thought about the died with no clear story was that they might have drawn straws to see who stays alive and who... ah... provides.

kipling
04-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Just a note that my next post will jump forward two days, assuming you're all on the ship.

If you want to do anything like force Mr. Bentham to come along or get exotic supplies, now would be the time to mention it.

I don't mind some back-filling of details ("Disney had bought several shirts and a new tooth powder in Boston") and I won't refuse a reasonable request, but I also don't want to roleplay out every minute of going out to sea when the next big thing is a day away.

So: lay plans now and I'll go with them, but my plan is to get us out to sea.

drfeck
04-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Can Jason use this time to use his Artficer skill? I want to make something that will help us track the monster.

kipling
04-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Sure. Unless there's an ingredient like Eye of Newt-no, even that I would let you have brought from England. Take -1 on the actual Craft skill roll because the ship moves around, but you can certainly use the Artificer ability. (The rocking means you take 11 times as long instead of 10 times if you're allowed to take 10.)

BlaqueSaber
04-14-2008, 08:33 PM
I looked in the character thread and its still a little unclear as to how many "Super Hero" type characters are playing, as well as how may actual members of this site are playing them. Can I get just a brief rundown???

kipling
04-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Sure. We have five (I'll count again after I've listed them).

The Shadow...played by nijineko
Azrael...played by BlaqueSaber
Super Soul...played by Ballsy1
Mr. Disney, the Elongated Fellow...played by spotlight
Jason Blood/Etrigan...played by drfeck

Because the Shadow doesn't appear until very soon, I let nijineko play Ms. Lane in the mean time.

drfeck
04-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Sure. Unless there's an ingredient like Eye of Newt-no, even that I would let you have brought from England. Take -1 on the actual Craft skill roll because the ship moves around, but you can certainly use the Artificer ability. (The rocking means you take 11 times as long instead of 10 times if you're allowed to take 10.)

Here is what Jason wants to do. He wants to create a "tracking Talisman" one that will stick to the side of the creature/thing, and will mentally call out directions to whoever placed it there. It should be abel to handle the ocean depts as well.

I was thinking Supersenses-tracking 3, distance 3, on the mental sense group, with acute and accurate, useable by others (+0).

Should be Diff 19, and Jason has a craft talisman of +20.

Jason should have a few components in his bags...as well as clothes and other normal stuff for travel.

kipling
04-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Sure. How will it stick to the monster? A big pin, a magnet, spikes in the sides, all of the above?

You'll have to roll once for design and once for the Craft roll, but that's just to make sure they're not 1s, since your craft skill is higher than the difficulty.

EDIT: No, you don't even have to roll; I reread the part on skill checks and I don't think that fumbles apply here.

drfeck
04-15-2008, 10:47 AM
I figure to would mystically "stick" to target untill it was removed by an intellgent being...I could make it Subtle 2 for an extra +2 to the diff (making it a total diff of 21.)

kipling
04-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Okay.

If the difficulty for some reason becomes 22, you'll have to roll, because then there is a chance for failure.

spotlight
04-16-2008, 05:07 PM
I finally got my M&M guidebook. I was a tad surprized to discover that this is a d20 style game. New for me, I tell you that! It will take a bit for me to figure out what I have to roll in various circumstances, not all additions and subtractions are as obvious as I might have thought. But I will get hang of it, I hope.

Just HATED putting out $43 for this 2ed book. No wonder I could not find one at Half-Price!!

nijineko
04-16-2008, 07:47 PM
actually! it's not d20 per se. it is OGL. but since they changed up some of the rules (point buy) it's technically not d20. =D someone corrected me on this and explained it out, so i thought i would pass on the explaination, but not the correction. =D hope you catch on quickly! feel free to ask-i had to ask kipling lots of questions. in fact, i still fire of some to kipling every so often. ^^

spotlight
04-20-2008, 03:09 PM
True enugh, which is why I said d20 style. so many modifiers.
By the way, my character was posted as using a tube to annouce the situation from the lookout station. This may at first seem incongruous with the time period, and it may be so. However, since this is presumeably a steam ship, the whistled blasts may not allways be heard over the engine noise. thus the tube communication system seemed a logical. Especially, since telegragh did not make voice com availible for many more years.

By the way, internal telegraghs on warships did appear before WWI, I just do not know exactly when.

kipling
04-21-2008, 10:26 AM
The tube is fine; this ship, being specially modified, could have an internal telegraph, but since you have to have a license and know the codes, it's extremely unlikely.

A new post will be coming today, though there are things to do this morning so it won't be now.

Ballzy1
04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
I have +5 Notice and I am not sure if I also add ranks of Super Senses but roll is 14 +5 for 19 and then if adding ranks of Super Senses would be +4 on extended vision as well. Also would I be able to freeze the section of sea where creature is with my Super Breath to if not completely stop the beast but at least slow down its movement?

If so once spotted - I want to take flight towards its path and freeze that sucker prior to impact.

nijineko
04-21-2008, 09:04 PM
ooooh, very nice.

i have ranged and acute and analytical senses that might be able to give us some more detailed information.

kipling
04-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Question is, what's the current status of dice rolls on this board? Can we do them here or do I have to send people over to Invisible Castle for them?

Anybody know?

(It would be convenient if it could be done in-line, because there's some die roilling coming up...)

Ballzy1
04-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah I didn't know I was just using one I found on WOTC but if there is something else I need to get let me know.

http://64.223.12.31/dnd/dice/dice.htm

nijineko
04-22-2008, 03:31 PM
dice rolls should work in the board, but not in pm's.

Ballzy1
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
testing roller
Super rolls the bones

Ballzy1
04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
1 more try

Super rolls the bones

kipling
04-23-2008, 08:33 AM
I see them both.

drfeck
04-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Testing a roll

kipling
04-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Saw that one too.

Alas, to trim SuperSoul down to 150 points, he doesn't have super hearing, and he blew the Notice roll.

nijineko
04-23-2008, 06:39 PM
i'm amneable to the atom joining.

drfeck
04-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Fine with me

spotlight
04-24-2008, 05:12 PM
he-he. I have no problem with 'small fry'. he-he.

Wolvenone
04-27-2008, 11:58 AM
At least it's not trying to eat me (the sub). 50 knots blahh that bad.(for us not what you are doing Kipling) :eek:

kipling
04-28-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm going to skip forward to a round before the monster hits the boat. Since I'm going to make that happen, you can each have a Hero Point for your trouble.

Feel free to tell me how you tried to avert the ramming, though.

drfeck
04-30-2008, 08:32 AM
So is the monster/sub near the boat or not? Or is it 500 feet away?

kipling
04-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Sorry, that wasn't very clear. The sub is 400 feet long; the conning tower rammed the ship. The monster is 300 feet long and moves 440 feet in a round.

So the conning tower is 440 feet from the shp and the monster's stern is 200 feet from the ship.

drfeck
04-30-2008, 11:15 AM
So it went through the ship? Does that mean there is no chance for etrigan to jump on to it before it gets away? He did have an action he did not get to use...

he can leap about 125' on average.

kipling
04-30-2008, 11:38 AM
He had a held action, right--so he can leap for it.

Just to make life cooler, the sub (which had been underwater when it rammed the ship) came up 100 feet from the ship, so it's in all its glory there. (It can go a little faster on the surface--Swimming 6 instead of 5--but that hardly matters in one round.)

I'll amend my post with the dice rolls to include that, after you say what the Demon has done.

drfeck
04-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Just to be clear...Etrigan is on the sub...not the ship, rightHe was jumping to the sub...

I got a tiny bit confused on who is going to the lifeboats...I assume its our ship...

kipling
04-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Just to be double-clear, since it appears I'm having trouble with these posts :), Etrigan and Major Atom are on the sub (literally on the outside of the sub), and the rest of the characters and the other actions are on the ship, the Abraham Lincoln.

spotlight
05-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Whoops, I accidently unsubscribed this line and this is the only way I know to pick it back up.

kipling
05-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Sorry--somewhat delayed today. S***storm at work. Will post when there's time.

kipling
05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Sorry for the delay--it was a long weekend in Canada, so I had yesterday off and little Internet access. I'll get you your responses soon.

Ballzy1
05-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Trying my notice roll again here. Did as always dont know issue.

Ballzy1
05-30-2008, 12:06 PM
i will leave quotes in maybe

Ballzy1
05-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Ack - will try again later

nijineko
05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
i've noticed that they won't roll when first posted. if you edit your post and simply check the "reroll checkbox" on the edit page, then it will finally roll.

Ballzy1
05-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Yep that worked. Thanks!

spotlight
06-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Let's see if I have this correct. E.M. can see a door in the museum, which I'm guessing is next to Etregan's first hole in the wall. But, he cannot see the wheel, which I'm supposeing is not currently manned. S.S. can see the 'captain', who I am guessing is forward of where E.M. is. That means, to confront the fellow there must be a passage in the other direction at the conning tower.

If this is so, then E.M. will use his Well Informed plus ... sorry, i'll have to look up his skills again to post which ones. But he is trying to figure out which way to go to find the leader of the ship. back in a couple.

spotlight
06-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Ok. Let;'s try this again. E.M. will look around to decide which way to go. He has two feats that will work here, Assesment and Well Informed.

To start with, skill of Gather Information +12, All he has to do is look around, but he did just spend several days wandering another ship, so he might know a little of what to expect in it's construction or layout. I figure half bonus(+6 instead 0f 12)

second. Investigate (+15) with Assessment, he is a natural at putting two and two together.

third. Search at +13, hmm, maybe, but I could conclude that means actually going into the room and looking through every thing, not good, takes time. scratch that one.

forth, notice at +11, sure, can't Gather Info and Investigate without noticing first. and so it goes.

kipling
06-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Sorry about the delay--at a funeral today and dealing with the fallout.

nijineko
06-05-2008, 06:56 PM
our condolences.

kipling
06-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Thank you. I didn't know him well; I went more to support my wife and her parents.

It's funny how sometimes you can barely recognize the deceased from the eulogy. On the other hand, they grew up with his attitudes, and we had a unique perspective on them, having adopted from. St. Vincent.

Ballzy1
06-09-2008, 09:34 PM
I was wondering before post - if I use the hero point you gave from previous post to take down the 3 minions, what should I roll for the feat?

kipling
06-10-2008, 08:43 AM
If you say you're using the Takedown feat, you don't have to roll anything but attack rolls. The attack does have to be a melee attack, though. (Or you could decide to use the superspeed feat which allows you to disarm the agents quickly, because I believe you have some superspeed; in that case, I think you can disarm all of them, but I haven't read the feat description today.)

kipling
06-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Because I've lost the current sheet I was keeping initiatives on, I thought I'd summarize it electronically. If you remember your initiative, send it to me and I'll put it in here; if you don't remember it (or you never rolled one), roll it below and I'll add it.

Current initiatives:

Luthor's Bodyguards, Hyde and Conseil (+9) 26
Major Atom (+7) 20
Sailors (+2) 19
Luthor (+6) 14
Shadow (+2) 13
Elongated Fellow (+2) 12
Super Soul (+1) 7
Etrigan (+3) 4
Good agents (+8, but same as Etrigan in this fight) 4

Sailor initiative
Luthor initiative
Luthor's bodyguards initiative

nijineko
06-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Shadow's initiative

drfeck
06-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Etrigan's Init

kipling
06-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Because I haven't heard from the players for these three, I'll roll initiative for them, in the interests of keeping things moving:


Super Soul (+1)
Elongated Fellow (+2)
Major Atom (+7)

Ballzy1
06-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Sorry - was out of town for a bit. It looks like you rolled for me on the 3 agents. Looking at mi Init roll - I will wait a bit, but on my turn I will attack the 2 I missed.

kipling
06-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Re: Super Soul's comment:


"I'm sticking with you in case they have more of the Kryptonite as before!"

I assume (let me know if I'm wrong) that any weaknesses you have might be known in your local area in Britain, but not generally. So unless Super Soul has already faced Luthor before, Luthor won't have the kryptonite around to hurt Super Soul, he has it around because it's an interesting rock he picked up in the ocean, and he is a scientist of sorts.

Of course, from now on, he knows that Kryptonite hurts Super Soul and he'll keep that in mind.

Out here in the ocean, no one knows your weaknesses. Yet.

Ballzy1
06-20-2008, 07:38 PM
makes sense. Thanks

nijineko
06-21-2008, 04:07 PM
too bad we are ripping so many holes in the ship... if we could manage to capture it from the bad guy, it would make an awesome mobile base for our group's operations.... not to mention that the queen would be certainly glad for some of the technology to boost the brittish navy's power.

drfeck
06-26-2008, 08:58 AM
(OOC-Are we on round two? I can post Etrigan's next action.)

kipling
06-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I haven't heard from spotlight (I think) or wolvenone. I'll put up a post tomorrow (Friday), assuming an action if they haven't provided one. Then Etrigan's second action can happen.

spotlight
07-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Sorry about that delay. Long Holiday weekend. I am a bit lost, though. Can you tell me E. L.'s current position, in relation to the other heros? I am sure my understanding of your descriptions must be totally wrong. Or, maybe I am just not being forward enough with my RPing.

kipling
07-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Sorry about that delay. Long Holiday weekend. I am a bit lost, though. Can you tell me E. L.'s current position, in relation to the other heros? I am sure my understanding of your descriptions must be totally wrong. Or, maybe I am just not being forward enough with my RPing.


No, it's probably me. (I might cop to both of us. :))

All the characters except the Shadow are on the bridge. Think of the bridge as having two entrances: the Demon came in one, everyone else (except the Shadow) the other.

Luthor is at the front of the bridge, by the organ, surrounded by an invisible force field (as you now know, because the Demon's flames have licked against it). The two body guards are up by the characters: one has turned invisible, the other has taken the flames as if they were nothing.

The Demon's flames have knocked out most of the agents, but there are still two dozen sailors in the room.

Does that help?

drfeck
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Luthor is at the front of the bridge, by the organ, surrounded by an invisible force field (as you now know, because the Demon's flames have licked against it). The two body guards are up by the characters: one has turned invisible, the other has taken the flames as if they were nothing.

The Demon's flames have knocked out most of the agents, but there are still two dozen sailors in the room.

Does that help?

Hey, Hyde failed his damage save by 6! That's damage and a stun result! :eek:

spotlight
07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Oh, Yees, that does indeed enlighten things a bit. Now I shall post a couple of notice rolls. Go away, Kid, you bother mee.


Thanx!

drfeck
07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
...from August 1st through August 8th.

drfeck
08-11-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm Back! Anyone planning on posting anything?:confused:

spotlight
08-11-2008, 06:03 PM
yeah, Im going to change my actions in a few minutes.

Ballzy1
08-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Yeah - I am ready as well.

spotlight
08-25-2008, 04:57 PM
This game ain't dieing is it???

nijineko
08-25-2008, 11:12 PM
i certainly hope not! not after i sweated away at making this character. my first in this system, all brand new and shiny! ^^ and it's been such a long time since i played a superhero game, i was very much looking forward to the change in pace.

i'm very much still game for this game. ;D

Ballzy1
08-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Me to - I was getting into the story, I hope we keep it going!

nijineko
08-26-2008, 12:04 PM
i was very much hoping that i could find plans (among other things) so that we could make our own mobile superbase, eventually... unless we can take this one over!

spotlight
08-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, taking over a 'sub' would be nice. To bad it's Luthor's, that means lots o' nasty surprizes. IF our GM is worth 'is salt.

nijineko
08-27-2008, 02:33 AM
come on... we're superheros! what could happen? ;D

i quite agree. it would likely be rather difficult.

kipling
08-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Guys, I'm sorry for being away for so long. There was the virus thing, then the roof started leaking and because there's been so much rain I've been doing the roofing with my brother-in-law, and frankly, when I go to bed there isn't any energy left for roleplaying. However. We will continue; I'm on vacation now (this weekend) but will try to get again to the computer. Monday is the latest you can expect a new post from me. So sorry for the delay.

Ballzy1
08-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Awesome Kipling! Good to hear from ya.

nijineko
08-28-2008, 11:31 PM
life happens! it's okay, and thank you soooo much for posting an update to let us know you are okay! good to hear from you. take what time you need. just touch base with us now and again till you are up to posting strength again. =D

spotlight
09-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I can dig that. roof leaks and viral infections can mess up life just like other bad things and stupid things ... Like getting your car towed cause you forgot to pay your insurance.

kipling
09-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm in training today so I have very restricted access to a computer. I'll post tonight.

nijineko
09-15-2008, 05:55 PM
remind me never to try to grapple with etrigan.... ^^

drfeck
09-16-2008, 08:36 AM
remind me never to try to grapple with etrigan.... ^^

You might as well...I never seem to roll over a 10...

kipling
09-16-2008, 08:59 AM
But Etrigan has a gross grapple modifier anyway. Anyone without Super-Strength will just lose, unless they're very good.

nijineko
09-16-2008, 05:38 PM
no kidding. ^^ i'll stick to my strengths, then. =D

kipling
09-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Sorry for the delay--I'm trying to figure out if EM was finding the shield or the invisible man. I had in mind the man, he had in mind the shield, and I have to find time to read the old posts to find out which or if it's ambiguous. If it's ambiguous, we'll go for the shield.

spotlight
10-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Well, I was not sure which way you intended the situation to go. I had thought EM had surrounded the fellow, but then he was attacked with an expanding force wall. So, I am not sure what EM had ensnared. Thus the current move is meant to determine what exactly EM was constricting.

kipling
10-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Ah, the exploding force wall was centered on him, moving out (TK, explosion, Limit: Moving out only). So it was the man, and we both agree. I'll post the next move today.

spotlight
10-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Ah,So! Then it was NOT a continueing force field of some sort, just an instant attack. My bad. Thanx for the clairification.

nijineko
01-26-2009, 05:59 PM
so... what's going on with this campaign? seems to me that it's been a long time since any posting has taken place. is everyone okay? rl overtake kipling or something? some communications please!

kipling
01-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Aha! Thank you for this message. With a computer replacement, I couldn't remember the name "penandpapergames.com". (I know, stupid sometimes.)

I'm sorry for the delay. If people are still interested, we can continue.

nijineko
01-27-2009, 08:14 PM
i am still very interested! enough so that i'll continue with or without as many as the group as is still about. =D

kipling
01-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Anyone else still around?

nijineko
01-28-2009, 03:41 PM
i emailed or pmed everyone that was listed as current in the character thread, so hopefully we will see some responses over the next week. ^^

drfeck
01-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Im still here

nijineko
01-28-2009, 03:55 PM
awesome! and that was fast. ^^

spotlight
01-28-2009, 04:47 PM
I didn't get a PM, but I am still wanting to continue the adventure.

nijineko
01-28-2009, 06:22 PM
that's because i emailed you through the link on your profile. ^^

spotlight
01-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Thankx, I had not checked my email in several days. Got a little lazy, I rekon.

nijineko
01-30-2009, 11:40 AM
next time i'll be sure to email and pm them all.... ^^

kipling
02-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Okay, give me a day to get caught up and we'll pick up there. I'll GM the additional characters (until they can go away).

nijineko
02-04-2009, 11:57 AM
awesome! looking forward to it.

Bearfoot_Adam
02-05-2009, 12:14 PM
If this gets going again do you all have room for one more?

nijineko
02-05-2009, 03:43 PM
at a guess, if the two are all that have replied so far, then i would imagine that we are going to need some rank fillers, ie. new players. but kipling will have to give the word on that, not me. =D

spotlight
02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I've about given up myself. And it has been interesting up to now. Can Bearfoot get in?

kipling
02-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I think this time I will shoot for a couple of different things.

First, I think five players maximum, four better.

Second, both Superman and Captain Atom were clearly so much more powerful than the other characters that there was a plotting problem. So I'll have to be careful about which character is introduced.

Subject to those things, and the previous conditions, sure, he can get in.

nijineko
02-17-2009, 03:19 PM
it is to laugh!!! now that i've got him, i'm not sure what to do with him! i wasn't really expecting him to fail the save, especially with my relatively low roll. heheheheh. time to go review the mind control power rules for guidance. i definitely don't want to give him another save by asking him to do something totally against his nature.... time for some fancy guesswork!

kipling
02-18-2009, 08:21 AM
He gets a save every increment on the time chart, starting at a minute.

You know that he is or has access to a technological genius. You know that he regards himself as above the law. You know that he has accepted many of the lesser castes (as they would say) to run his vessel, so he has odd ideas: either he wants to be the best and ensure it, or he has ideas about equality.

You can guess that he has an overweening pride. However, he's not all-knowing: he didn't know about you folks. And he's probably just a man who can't outrun a bullet.

And (if you have a hero point) you can spend it for inspiration.

drfeck
02-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Are we re-rolling init?

kipling
02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I wasn't going to--the "current" initiatives are earlier in this thread, on page 7.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5476&page=7

kipling
02-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Realized I hadn't said what Hyde and Super Soul were doing, so I updated the last post to include them.

drfeck
02-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Just let me know when my action comes up and I will post!:D

kipling
02-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Okay--the order is Shadow, Elongated Fellow, Super Soul, and Etrigan. Since Shadow and Super Soul are in a different location than the others, Elongated Fellow is next and then Etrigan. (Super Soul will spend his round tearing through bulkheads.)

drfeck
02-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Can Etrigan see the guy projecting the Force Field? If not, does he know roughly about were he is?

kipling
02-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Can Etrigan see the guy projecting the Force Field? If not, does he know roughly about were he is?

He can't see him, but he knows roughly where the man is, because of Elongated Fellow's actions in the last round.

spotlight
03-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Ok rather than posting on the other page I'll put it here. I finally got the dice roller to work right, it appears that I was putting text in it when I shouldn't have. There fore the last two rolls were the correct ones. 29 for noticing the position of the block of decking, which I figured was over the character, and 20 for his reflex to elongate out from under it.