PDA

View Full Version : Announcements

kipling
02-25-2008, 01:40 PM
A place to notify us that you'll be away or for changes to the game rules to be made.

kipling
03-04-2008, 01:08 PM
First, a real email: jhmcmullen (at) yahoo.com.

Second, I'll be away from March 6 through 16. Then we'll do the last revisions on characters, and start the game. You have until March 16. (We actually come back sooner, but I am not likely to get to a computer, what with birthdays and returning and whatnot.)

Currently, it looks like we have five characters: Azrael, the Shadow, Jason Blood/Etrigan, Marshall Fate, and Superman--well, we'll call him Super Soul. If you want to change your character before we start, that's okay; the first adventure is a pretty easy one to get everyone used to the game and setting. It starts on a ship; I presume at this moment that both Azrael and the Shadow will be impersonating deckhands or have signed on as deckhands in a secret ID, but I might be wrong.

kipling
03-19-2008, 09:09 AM
I won't post on Friday, it being Easter and me being away for the weekend (my in-laws are moving so they need help packing--they currently run a 14 bedroom bed and breakfast, so there's a lot of stuff).

I will post next Monday.

I'll try to review the posts and private messages on Sunday just to make sure everything's going. (And I'd like to hear from the two of you who haven't subimtted even first-draft characters.)

kipling
04-22-2008, 07:13 AM
I went trolling (in the water metaphor, not the monster/internet metaphor) and found the dice rolling script does work.

If you click on the dice image, you get this:
A dialogue box asks for the options for the roll, which is 1d20+8 in this case

Remember that if you edit the post and you want to change (reroll) the results, you have to click the "reroll Dice in Post" box.

You can read more about the dice roller here:
http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5432

kipling
04-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Unfortunately, BlaqueSaber (who plays Azrael) does not have enough time to commit to a game right now and has had to bow out for a while. I'll play Azrael until the end of the adventure, and then he'll disappear unless BlaqueSaber comes back.

In related news, I'm sure you saw the request to join. I've been PMing with him; he's interested in a Paragon-type, so the tentative suggestion is that he will play a version of Captain Atom (Sergeant Atom? Leftenant Atom?), if you're all okay with him being dropped (well, he'll fly) into the campaign. (The nice thing about a flyer is that Lord Maxwell could have just sent him, and he finds you fellows....)

Ballzy1
04-23-2008, 07:08 PM
I good with it! Sounds cool.

spotlight
04-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Rats, and here I had an idea to use whith Azrael.http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

spotlight
05-07-2008, 05:55 PM
let me test this"][/ROLL]

spotlight
05-07-2008, 05:59 PM
"]Ok, no dice roll in that last post. What am I doing wrong?
try it again. okay, tap the 'die' symbol

Neat, it showed up at the top of my post. hmm, ok, now to hit submit.

spotlight
05-07-2008, 06:03 PM
It still did not show in the post, any body got any suggestions?

Trying one more time,okay,its in there again"] Hmm, this does not look right. submitting again

spotlight
05-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Ah-HA http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon3.gif I think I know what I did wrong, One more time....there it is

NOW hitting submit.

nijineko
05-07-2008, 07:25 PM
you have to remove the quotation marks from around the die roll text. then it will work. if you have already submitted it, be sure to check the 'reroll' checkbox!

spotlight
05-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Dooh!!! Ok, I'll try that. click die icon ...remove qotes now hit submit ....

spotlight
05-08-2008, 05:20 PM
hey wow ###***### thanks Nije-man!!!

nijineko
05-08-2008, 05:49 PM
any time, glad to help. =D

kipling
06-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Just a warning that I'll be on vacation for next week and part of the week after; I'll try to post up until Sunday (June 29) and resume on July 9, but there might be slop in either direction. I can post tomorrow.

Your ever-lovin' GM

kipling
07-17-2008, 11:31 AM
My apologies for the delay. I've picked up a computer virus at home and while the computer is out, I can't post.

nijineko
07-17-2008, 05:34 PM
too bad you're not close enough for me to fix it for you! ^^ hope it goes well.

nijineko
11-10-2008, 08:31 PM
moving day is tomorrow! so i'll be offline for a week at least, unless the stops along the way have free wifi. i don't know how long it'll be before i get access again. but if i have to drop by the local library or restaurant for wifi, i will. =D

nijineko
04-20-2009, 10:39 PM
soooo..... what's going on? nothing has happened here for quite some time. just kinda curious.

drfeck
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
I still check...but so far, no response.

:confused:

nijineko
04-22-2009, 01:57 PM
i've sent him an email via pnpg.

nijineko
06-17-2009, 08:19 PM
and again... since i never got a response to the first one....

spotlight
06-21-2009, 06:46 PM
been a while, w2ould like to know whats up myself.

nijineko
06-22-2009, 03:01 AM
no kidding. i'm suspecting that 'e changed email addys, and forgot to update here. hmmmmm. criminy. i'm starting to think i should require multiple contact methods of anyone and everyone i'm in a game with. cheh. even when i'm not the gm! ^^

i wonder if the successful mind control tossed a wrench in his plots.... *^^*

nijineko
09-17-2009, 05:06 PM
so, anyone seen kipling? no response from him via pm or email... this game is bound to be archived soon if nothing happens!

nijineko
09-28-2009, 12:47 AM
alright everyone. i have some good news and some bad news. as is my wont, i will start with the "bad" news. despite the fact that i've been spending only a fraction of my time with posting on rp and my other online projects, i've been spending too much time on the computer overall. i've noticed behavioral changes in the wife and boys that indicate that i'm too distant, or distracted, or busy... and i won't have that.

so i'll be spending a lot less time on the computer, and more time with the family. which means that the various online based projects and rp i'm involved with will take a serious hit in my attending to them.

the good news is that i will still make an effort to maintain involvement, but it will be more like a once or twice every month or three... or possibly even less often. i will be reachable via email, though much less often via pm or im. if you need to reach me, email me-or call if you have my number. ^^

again, this does not mean i am abandoning anyone, nor does it mean i am dropping anything, per se. if it does come to that somehow, someday, i will let everyone affected know specifically.
it does mean, however, that there will be loooooong gaps between when i look in to take care of something. if anyone cannot work with this, i fully understand, please contact me to work out any details. =D

like the cat of proverb, i'll always come by again... eventually. ^^

another piece of good news, i have a second part time job, so i am busy learning the in's and out's of that one, in addition to learning the first one. i'm near a month at my first job, and just finished the first week at the second job. looking forward to being able to pay more of the bills, that's for sure!

questions, comments, and in general, communications are welcome!