PDA

View Full Version : Just got this piece of News

Thayan
02-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Fantasy Flight Games purchased the rights to WHFR & Dark Heresey

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/PDF/pr-2008-GamesWorkshop-Sabertooth.pdf

jade von delioch
02-22-2008, 08:04 PM
interesting. i wonder if they will even try to advertise these game though, unlike their other rpgs.

Thayan
02-22-2008, 08:22 PM
interesting. i wonder if they will even try to advertise these game though, unlike their other rpgs.

Probably.. But I am also curious..They are well known for High quality Board Games, and I will admit their RPGs are also good quality. I think though that they will as their RPGs are more one shot (Meaning little support beyond the first book) Except MIdnight and THey let that one sit. I do know they were looking to make a Midnight movie at one time Ive seen some recordings but nothing beyond that.

fmitchell
02-23-2008, 12:08 AM
I think though that they will as their RPGs are more one shot (Meaning little support beyond the first book) Except MIdnight and THey let that one sit.

Then again, a small business that publishes follow-ons for a product that doesn't do so well will quickly bankrupt itself. My impression was that Fireborn was stillborn; their d20 products didn't really catch on either, besides Midnight (and, in a way Grimm), perhaps due to the d20 glut.

While I don't know the specific timeline for Midnight releases, I'd guess that a) quality takes time, and b) the upcoming 4e rules has thrown a spanner in the works of many d20-based companies.

nijineko
02-23-2008, 08:27 AM
well, all the little companies upgrading has to account for a sizable portion of sales for wotc. ^^

Thayan
02-23-2008, 08:39 AM
well, all the little companies upgrading has to account for a sizable portion of sales for wotc. ^^

I don't know..WOTC still holds something like an 80% Market Share in the industry... with WW Only ever able to get to about 20% give or take in the 1990s, so I doubt they are worried