PDA

View Full Version : Cthulhu Calls

Thayan
02-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Welcome to New York. The darkerside is where you dwell. You have recently been hired by the McDugan Institute. An odd collection of scientists, investigators, and just about anything you can think of. You would classify them as a private investigation firm, but they are better looked at as a para-science think tank. The are a resource for the NYPD and is used as such.

Players are members of the MI and start at basic level of influence. They have an opportunity to rise not only in power, but also influence growing within the MI or branching out.

THe system is a modified Chaosium. If anyone has heard or knows of the Heroic Cthulhu Podcast I will be following a similar rules structure as that (Some small modifications to fit personal play style. It will be done Over SKype, and only done online.

Scheduled Day is Saturday from around 10:30am for abour 3-4 hours every saturday.

I have a forum which will be housing the central hub, character sheets, pertinant info, chronicaling the game at fourms.heroic-journey.net

If interested or have questions feel free to ask away

EDIT: I forgot all tiems are Central US Time. or -6 GMT

Fuzzy alchemist
02-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Is there a site where I could get a basic idea of the rules for the system or even find something like the SRD in D&D? I am alway happy to learn new systems and have heard nice things about Cthulhu games.

fmitchell
02-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Call of Cthulhu QuickStart Rules page: http://www.chaosium.com/article.php?story_id=87

Thayan
02-21-2008, 12:47 AM
THere are a few rules variations but the mechanics run the same...Thanks fmitchell for the assist

Thayan
02-22-2008, 04:59 PM
I wanted to get started this weekend and was gearing up or it when the one player I had , had to cancel. Im still going to be around tomorrow and ready to get started if anyone is interested please let me know.
The basic premise allows for people to join week to week. So people who can only be there once in awhile can still be worked in.

Thayan
02-27-2008, 06:40 PM
I still have openings and am still looking for players..

Ballzy1
02-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Would love to try this as I am really into the Horror genre, but working retail it would be hard for me to commit to saturday mornings. If you have trouble finding players and maybe change to Sat nites or Sunday, I would be interested. Thanks, Ballzy

Thayan
02-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Would love to try this as I am really into the Horror genre, but working retail it would be hard for me to commit to saturday mornings. If you have trouble finding players and maybe change to Sat nites or Sunday, I would be interested. Thanks, Ballzy

Well This is the only time I can..Now it is worth noting the style of the game is set so it can have a revolving cast so you don't have to make every game. If you know you could make a saturday let me know earlier in the week and you can save a slot ... So if your interested any saturday is fine...

Thayan
03-27-2008, 07:26 PM
STill looking for players... drop me an email or PM here if your interested. Have had some sporadic weeks but always have openings