PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Super Heroes Of All Time?

Mulsiphix
02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
What do you think is the greatest Super Hero(es) of all time and why?

Digital Arcanist
02-14-2008, 02:27 AM
Since I'm the first to reply I get to choose Superman as my vote. I will give my reasons tomorrow as it is late now and I've been playing D&D for hours and I have to work early tomorrow.

nijineko
02-14-2008, 04:15 AM
i would have to vote for the "Anything Goes 5", a super group of, you guessed it, 5 heroes. =D the members of this group are a rather eclectic and oddball cast from many different walks of life. in fact, different is about the only way to describe some of them.

i'll post more later.

Mulsiphix
02-14-2008, 12:51 PM
My favorite group of supers had to be the group from the MTV Oddities series "The Head". Unfortunately I couldn't find any screenshots or even some worthwhile links to include here for reference. That show was so awesome :D

Drohem
02-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Ok, I can answer both the 'hero' and 'villian' post with one answer: Magneto!

I think this has already been discussed in a previous thread here, and that's where I outlayed my arguement for Magneto being a hero. One man's hero is another man's monster.

nijineko
02-14-2008, 03:48 PM
here is the promised post!

The Anything Goes 5. so known from the leader's favorite catch-phrase when facing indisputable enemies. also known for the tendency to straggle in from various points of the compass whenever something serious occurs. those who follow such things conclude that they do not have a headquarters, or even associate with each other on a regular basis outside of hero work. it is not known why they bother to work together as a (more or less) functional group, despite occasional offers to one team member or another. they are:

Toaster Puppy: don't make fun of the name. he takes it quite seriously. lethally so. it is an epitaph for a beloved friend. good with kids, does magic tricks, great at parties. likes to tinker in the garage and build interesting gadgets. has that special 'spark'. roughly 100,000,000 joules.

Chimneysweep: he cooks. he cleans. he's rich. he's single. and he doesn't look bad either. what every girl wants. if you can ignore the part about the flameweaving, shapeshifting alien with a secret assassination agenda, he's quite the man!

Silverhawk: model, movie star, does her own stunts and runs a "deconstruction" company on the side. specializes in taking down buildings, with one hand. but watch out, she's clumsy. that's clumsy as in crushes, bashes, breaks, and otherwise pulverizes things she touches, by accident. and don't let it slip that she's run-away royalty. her family wants her back, and they are not particular about how many pieces, either.

Network: nice young man. quiet. withdrawn. knows a lot of trivia. was thought to be slow since he didn't start talking until he was five. in about twelve different languages. used to hang out near chain link fences, on account that it was "quieter" there, at least until he discovered faraday cages. he hears things. like radio. and shortwave. and longwave. and microwave. if it produces a signal, he's trying to tune it out. after all, he's still gotta graduate, you know?

Purrkitt: no one knows what to make of her. most of the time it seems like she's not really there. and don't try to take off her shades. she takes it very personally. it is said that a person's eyes are the windows to their soul. her's are mirrors. into your's. if you make the mistake of catching her gaze, she'll cut you a deal. she'll continue to believe in your existence, if you forget about hers. but, be careful, you only get one offer.

MortonStromgal
02-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Who I like best - The Punisher , because I like my supers with above average joes.

Who kicks everyone else bum - Green Lantern, yeah I think as long as his ring doesn't run out of power is unstoppable. But I like my above average joes better, more to accomplish if your lacking super powers.

nijineko
02-14-2008, 03:53 PM
in the lines of above-average, i am very fond of 'the question'. and daredevil (the earlier versions, anyhow).

Drohem
02-14-2008, 04:02 PM
I dig the heck out of Nick Fury. I like his backstory and concept.

rabkala
02-14-2008, 09:25 PM
How about the Tick? Does he count?

Citadel
02-15-2008, 12:52 PM
How about the Tick? Does he count?

He only does if Hampton Pig does a.k.a. Pig decoy from Looney Toons.:D

Mulsiphix
02-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Duck Dodgers Of Outer Space! Horrible super hero. I enjoyed The Tick very much actually. I forget the name of the Wonder Woman clone on there. Good stuff.

boulet
02-15-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm a fan of Lobo.

For instance Lobo in need of a stapler (http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/slaine/444/bisley/lobo/lobo12.jpg)

Mulsiphix
02-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Not quite a super hero group but these guys kicked serious baddie butt... The Thundercats :eek:

rabkala
02-16-2008, 02:10 AM
No way, Darkwing Duck was the man... errr ... duck.

nijineko
02-16-2008, 02:53 AM
well, if we allow for the thundercats (one of my favorites, but i didn't think they qualified, exactly...) then for nostalgia alone, Battle of the Planets.

rabkala
02-16-2008, 03:13 AM
G-force... here in USA.

Gilligan from the island had to have super powers to resist Ginger and Mary Ann. They definitely had the power to make anything from Bamboo, avoid detection, and were indestructible. Come on, can't beat that...

Dimthar
02-16-2008, 11:18 AM
If I had to give a Vote, I guess it will go to Batman.

Now my all time favorite Super Hero: ASTERIX (One guy, actually 2 vs the Roman Empire!).

boulet
02-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Ils sont fous ces romains :D

(i.e. Those Romans are mental)

Mulsiphix
02-18-2008, 06:02 AM
Hands down the best super hero group ever was.... those crazy kids from

CAPTAIN PLANET

nijineko
02-19-2008, 06:25 AM
miles vorkosigan. read "the warriors apprentice" first. by louis mcmaster bujold. one of the best character developments i've ever read over the course of the series. learns from mistakes, by goodness. makes mistakes! his previous actions actually affect his latter actions in very real and believable ways. acts his age. all of his ages. he grows older in each successive book.

again, one of, if not the, best character development i've ever read. and i've read well over a thousand books. likely upwards of two thousand by now. more if you count re-reads. i've lost count. but even now that i've slowed down i can still knock off 300 pages during a moderately busy day, easy. used to read over 700 pages a day during high school. ^^ actually, i probably still can, i just don't have that kind of free time anymore.