PDA

View Full Version : Summon Character Sheet! (PEACH)

Aleolus
02-10-2008, 11:44 AM
OK, for those of you familiar with 8-Bit Theater, this is the ultimate Red Mage spell. Not sure what level it would be, most probably epic, but low-epic. What do you all think?

Summon Character Sheet
Conjuration
Level: ???
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 full round
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Permanent until dismissed
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: No

With this spell, you summon a sheet of paper, which has on it numerical representations of all of the touched individual's abilities, skills, and so forth. You then can alter those abilities, skills, spells, and so forth, as you see fit. You may only have one character sheet summoned at a time, and must dismiss it if you wish to summon another one. If the target is unwilling to have access to his character sheet, he is allowed a Will save to prevent the caster from acquiring it.
You may choose to target yourself with this spell. There are no special restrictions when summoning your own character sheet, however, if you attempt a change that would reduce your current or maximum HP to 0 on the sheet, you immediately fall unconscious. If the change would reduce your current or maximum hit points to -10, you instantly die. An individual killed in this way can only be brought back with a Wish or Miracle spell, or similar effect.
Focus: A single, blank sheet of paper

rabkala
02-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I cast magic missile at the darkness...

I like it, good tongue-in-cheek humor. It could be made workable.

tesral
02-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Snerk ... Not on your life am I letting that in the game. :D

nijineko
02-11-2008, 06:40 AM
chuckle. i would not have allowed alterations in the rules for the spell. i would have made it a divination type effect, so that you now know everything there is to know about the character, and can use it to defeat or embarrass them. ^^

DrAwkward
02-11-2008, 11:13 AM
No SR? Wow, if you don't apply SR that makes it *totally* overpowered!!!11!!!1111!!

I'd say that any changes to the sheet must be "legal" meaning if you give yourself 20 ranks in the skill "Convincing the Mayor of Smalltown not to press charges" you'd have to take 20 ranks away from something else.

Give it an XP cost, and the material component is "the new WotC supplement or errata that the DM doesn't have yet"

To cast the spell, you have to say "Here, let me update the sheet to account for the latest definition of Polymorph"