PDA

View Full Version : Where do your characters go for a drink?

TAROT
02-10-2008, 12:35 AM
What are the inns, restaurants, pubs and dives that your characters have patronized?

Upscale: The Dowager

Middle-of-the-Road: The Albino Rhino, Fox & Flowerpot

Low Rent: The Leaky Spittoon, The Phlegm & Spittle

rabkala
02-10-2008, 01:22 AM
You can usually find me at the Wanton Wench.

nijineko
02-10-2008, 04:24 AM
i thought that's what sustenance effects were for? that or create food and water, or hero's feast. ^^ we typically use hero's feast everyday we know we are going into battle. if we can find a good place to hide that is. ^^

tesral
02-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Specificl taverns I have named.

The Nag's Head Inn in Asha City. The headquarters of The Nag's Head Adventuring Club. So named for the hell horse head nailed over the door.

The Golden Griffin, a high end tavern in Hellsgate. It is named for the large gold griffin on the bar.

The Contented Ogre, A simple tavren in Zillika. Has a knock dead beautiful barmaid, and her adoptive Father, an ogre, who likes a quiet bar.

Don't Drop Inn, It's not bottom of the barrel, it's the scum that grows under the barrel. Really low class in Coranth.

The Close Shave, Tavren and gaming house, in Seahaven. Headquarters for a somewhat nefarious city adventureing gang.

Anaesthesia
02-10-2008, 07:10 PM
For Revenge of the Dragon:

In Ushmantu City:
The Cat's Paw

In Mustifon:
The Sleeping Dragon Inn

rabkala
02-10-2008, 07:14 PM
How about a good rogue hideout like the Sneak Inn?

TAROT
02-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about The Hand of Glory.

nijineko
02-11-2008, 05:04 AM
please don't tell me that they have one nailed over the mantelpiece?

TAROT
02-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Of course not. This isn't some cozy little spot with a fireplace.

It's in a jar on the counter.

Oh, and if you break it, you will be replacing it, one way or another.

gdmcbride
02-13-2008, 02:19 AM
Memorable Bars:

The King of Fire -- an upscale bar and gentlemen's club named for a card (the king card of the fire suit). In a city where sorcery is punished with death, the King of Fire conceals a cadre of wizards and arcanists, some bored noble dabblers, other serious practioners of the art. The food is fine and the membership list is exclusive. In one corner sits a woman of living stone, cloaked and concealed by shadow, who seems almost like a jewel breathed with life. She talks to almost no one. But they say, she is an emissary of the city's oracle. Maybe she's waiting for you...

Carlotta's Folly -- A terrible bar. The food is bad. The service is slow. The drinks over-priced and obviously watered. Then why is it always so busy? Could it be that the place is so terrible because you haven't gotten your thieves guild membership yet? And what are these private rooms you hear whispered about? It's a rare crime of any significance in this city that wasn't plotted out and negotiated here in this 'terrible little bar'. Oh, and if you learn the thieves cant and order properly, the food here is actually decent.

Tuck's Place -- Don't come during the day. During the day, the traitor guards who control everything have the run of the place. Come at night when the signs have been given. Watch out for orc patrols -- they are everywhere. Meet in secret and discuss what must now be done to fight the agents of Shadow. Drinking? There is no time for drinking! Word is that a new legate has been dispatched from Theros Obsidia. He's coming here for a reason and you can bet its nothing good. Wait! What's that sound? Quick, through the bolt holes!

Gary

nijineko
02-13-2008, 03:39 AM
well, then in that vein, i would have to recommend the Green Shaum Inn. food's great, drink's good, nice massusse around the corner who also runs a bathhouse, and the owner's niece has incredible talent at singing and playing music. puts on a brief show now and again during the busy times.

of course, i do have one bar story. that's right, only one. from the only time i ever set foot inside a bar. yes, you read correctly. i have only set foot inside a bar once. in my entire life.

it was in cincinnati. up on a little hill just off of downtown. nice little neighborhood bar, patroned almost exclusively by locals. fairly wealthy neighboorhood, too. i couldn't find anyone to help me outside, so i finally had to wander in.

i opened the door and took a single step inside, and the obligatory step off to the side that you always read about in books. it was my first time ever getting to do that, too. (we'll ignore that it was daytime for the sake of the story.) it was like i was a stone in a pond of still water. a ripple of pure silence spread out from my footstep and encompassed the entire bar. everyone turned to look at me. the bartender even stopped to look over. (were they actually wiping the bartop?!?!?)

i was so overwhelmed with the sheer coolness of actually witnessing this sort of thing happen that i just stood there and reveled in the zen of the moment. finally, i got out that i needed a jump for my car, and would anyone be able to help me? one of the locals kindly volunteered and all movement and conversation promptly started up again. i was slotted into a known catagory. the local, very nice chap, even invited me to swing by and hang out sometime. (did i get 'entering-into-a-bar-ettiquette' right or something?!?)

one of the "movie/book/rpg perfect" moments in my life that i will always treasure.

baatin
03-16-2009, 08:32 PM
the best rpg name i have ever heard for a bar was the drowned rat tavern, another great place is the colleseum where as metion the food and drink is good but you can always catch a pit fight of all sorts of different kinds :fencing:

kirksmithicus
03-19-2009, 12:10 AM
The Burning Bishop - A euphemism
The One-eyed Goat Grog Shop
The Screaming Wench Tavern
The Guild House - So the craftsman can lie.
The Smashed Pixie
The Tipsy Tankard Ale House
The Rusty Spoon
Isit Inn

Skunkape
03-19-2009, 07:31 AM
The Old Gate Tavern - Located in Vindocladia. Tavern is a well known haunt for the adventuring crowd and some of the country's more rough and tumble nobility. It's just inside the city's inner wall near what used to be a main entrance for the city, prior to it's last expansion over 200 years ago. Features some of the best food and drink in the area at the best prices. Main draw is the wrestling ring on the second floor and the tavern's main wrestler, Hambone a 'intelligent tame' Ogre.

Royal Horseman Inn - Located in Vindocladia. Inn that caters to the rich population of the country. Has good food, but also has high prices.

The Golden Dragon Inn - Located in Vindocladia. Inn that caters mostly to what would be the middle class of the country. Has good food and the prices are reasonable.

Inn of the Seven Souls - Located in Twin Docks. Inn that belongs to the PCs from a previous campaign. Has a number of magic protection and utility spells cast on it which keeps the inn well stocked and protected from harm. It is rumored to be haunted.

Srt. Freeman
03-19-2009, 07:36 AM
In the game im playing with my friend we dont have a tavern or a pub, we have a red neck npc named Eddie....who has stocked the vehical with texas mickeys of JD:whoo: :drum: