PDA

View Full Version : saying hello

Gooble
02-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Hello, want to game. Got no friends that game. What more is there to say on the matter. :)

rabkala
02-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Well, you could tell us what game system you would like to play. What games do you find attractive? What genres spark your interest? What kind of gaming experience do you have? All that profile stuff - so it's easy to see without clicking on your name.
You could also post personal stuff if you are comfortable with that- like age, smoking preference, etc. Many seem interested in that type of thing, but I think that isn't too important.

Welcome aboard! Feel free to join the conversations on the boards.

razada
02-05-2008, 11:15 AM
i play dnd 3.5 and can teach via email or msn messenger, unfortunatly im not near you we caould orginize a game via messenger. have fun playing all the worlds your mind can create.

Mulsiphix
02-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. Please join us in on any of the various topics being discussed in the forums. For best results taking the initiative to contact players in your area should greatly increase your chances of finding others to game with. Many players are in groups that have openings but since they aren't the GM they don't go out of their way to recruit new players for the game. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

Gooble
02-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I honestly thought this would be a throw away post that no one would read. Maybe like an anti spam measure. My actual hands on experience with gaming is so miniscule when compared to my interest. I just don't have the friends for it. None of those close to me have any interest in the hobby. Myself on the other hand, I listen to numerous gaming podcasts, I research different systems that I run across but I have no way to exercise what I learn.

I joined this registry/forum in hopes that I would be able to make some friends in this area that are as passionate about the hobby.

Mulsiphix
02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
You came to the right place. Just don't be shy about tracking down other gamers in your area. Waiting for them to approach you can be a very long wait. Also a lot of players participate in games that have openings but they aren't actively recruiting since they aren't the DM. Either way, letting others in your area know your interested is the first step to gaming bliss. Glad to have you here and I hope to see you in some of the many conversations going down in the forum. We may be miles apart but you are among fellow gaming fiends :D

nijineko
02-07-2008, 07:48 AM
welcome! look around, ask questions, and don't step on the tail!

check out the online gaming people too!