PDA

View Full Version : A New Hope Campaign! Play by Post!

niks97cobra
02-05-2008, 02:24 AM
I'm currently looking for players for a play by email game. The game will be low magic, and stay fairly low level for a period of time. The world you will be playing in is "brand new". It is very primitive... but you however, are not. Your players are among 9600 elves, dwarves and humans, moved by the God of Light, Laris. The world you come from was very similar to medieval England... except that the God of Darkness, Kezrock, completly took over. Laris, losing the battle on this mortal plane, has moved you, hoping to have a balanced world, led by the High Priest of Laris, Karthon. The catch is, all the humans, dwarves and elves were place on three seperate islands, and you don't know where they are at, and the island cannot support your growing population. You are part of an expedition to the new continent. The players maybe of any alignment and will (could if they choose) have a significant part in how the world forms and may even become landowners. You have no clue what could be on this world. The world they came from did not have dragons, or goblins, orcs, or any number of wild creatures and magic was very low. Magic is much stronger here and there is no clue what could be on this world. There are many things that must be accomplished. Mines found, cities built, trade routes made, new places to be explored, meeting the natives, allowing the old gods to find you and identifying animals are some goals you may wish to work towards. If you would be interested, please contact me and I'll send you a players pack. One email per day is expected from players and will be replied to at least once per day. We will be using 3.5edition until 4th edition comes out and then we MAY switch over.

Please visit www.freepowerboards.com/newworld for more information. The game starts Friday and there is still room for more people!

razada
02-05-2008, 11:18 AM
im interested to try it out.

Riftwalker
02-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Play by post or play by email?

razada
02-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Play by post or play by email?

i think it is email

niks97cobra
02-06-2008, 12:04 PM
It is play by post, I originally intended for it to be play by email but set up a discussion board so it could be play by post. Check out the boards at www.freepowerboards.com/newworld . The first post will be put up around 12:30 Friday night est for people to respond too. If you would like to join please email me (niks97cobra@live.com) or pm me (on the other forums in the link above) with a 32 point buy character. The characters must be human with any class from the 3.5 ed players handbook I. If you have any questions let me know. Got some good players already joined!

Riftwalker
02-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I have some questions:

- Have you finished the color scheme of those forums yet? I find it difficult to read. The high-contrast background image behind semi-transparent panels combined with dark text on a darker background makes it challenging. (And I'm not old, either!)
- In 90 days are ads going to appear all over the board?
- Would you consider running the game on these boards?

niks97cobra
02-06-2008, 02:38 PM
-I've actually already changed the color of the forums, I was having trouble myself. Check it out and see what you think.
-Ads will appear. If the ads are bad, it is very cheap to upgrade and I will do so.
-No, I'd like to get on a board with low traffic.

Hope you check us out! If your a little leary, check back in a week. The New Hope Campaign forum will be much busier.

nijineko
02-07-2008, 01:46 AM
i would be interested in learning more about this as well. what books are allowed to be used in constructing the character? races-elf, dwarf, human only? classes? ecl allowed? starting wealth-random or max or other? psionics? max starting stats on point buy?

i'll have more questions, but i figured that should do it for now.

niks97cobra
02-07-2008, 08:40 AM
i would be interested in learning more about this as well. what books are allowed to be used in constructing the character? races-elf, dwarf, human only? classes? ecl allowed? starting wealth-random or max or other? psionics? max starting stats on point buy?

i'll have more questions, but i figured that should do it for now.

I now only have openings in the second campaign which is more roleplay oriented. You are pretty open in your options when it comes to this campaign. I'll have to check and see if I have the psionics handbook but if I do, then they are allowed. Starting wealth is max, max hp. 32 point buy system. As far as character races, it depends on what you want to do with a character... I'm pretty open right now on races. Some that come to mind I'm keeping out are any half race (half-elf, half-orc, half dragon), mindflayers and ogres. As for books being allowed, we can discuss that per character.

nijineko
02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
hmmmm, i'll have to think about that one for a while. you can get the psionics rules for free if you download the SRD document. or go to the hypertext online version (http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm). either works. =D the hypertext version is pretty handy. cross indexed.