PDA

View Full Version : Private Groups?

Maelstrom
02-03-2008, 06:05 AM
I really like the idea of the Private Buddy Chat section. This allows DMs to get feedback without the possibility of their players stumbling upon their ideas. The problem is right now its tied to your buddy list, so if you want different sets of people to look at different sections, it won't work.

While certainly I would hope that people would post as much as possible in the main forums, I think it would be useful if people could create private groups similar to what other phpBBs have inherent. That way each group could control who can see each section.

This could also be useful for gaming groups who can post game location info and times and such visible just by that group.

Farcaster
02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
It's coming... soon.

Skunkape
02-04-2008, 12:09 PM
I know this is kinda minor, but Farcaster, could you filter out new posts to the private section if you don't have access to it? There's a new post there and well, I can't set it to read, so it keeps showing up when I click the new posts link. I know it's kind of minor but...:D

Mulsiphix
02-04-2008, 02:26 PM
I see them too. I only noticed this the other day so I figured it came along with the new permissions on created for becoming a moderator. If everybody is seeing this, this is one very annoying feature :(

nijineko
02-07-2008, 02:40 AM
yes, rather. ^^

but now that i discovered where it is, i can read some of them. well, one of them anyway. and the tool tips still work, even on the ones i can't read. so that's another consideration. don't post 'sensitive' material that you don't want your group to know in the first few lines of the post. ne?

Farcaster
02-12-2008, 05:26 AM
The entire section will soon be retired in preference for a new solution.

Mulsiphix
02-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Every time I turn around this website gets more sexy. Farcaster you were born for this role ;)

nijineko
02-13-2008, 01:34 AM
your choice of avatar is well deserved, farcaster. =D