PDA

View Full Version : Meetups

Zyphus
02-02-2008, 08:48 AM
The second or third Saturday of each month. I believe both now also try to run games weekly, when possible.

SE Michigan Meetup - Ferndale/Troy
http://dnd.meetup.com/78/

Ann Arbor Meetup
http://dnd.meetup.com/756/

rabkala
02-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Welcome aboard! Check out the player registry and campaign invitations for gamers/games near you.
Are you the organizer of the meetups?

Mulsiphix
02-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. Please join us in on any of the various topics being discussed in the forums. For best results taking the initiative to contact players in your area should greatly increase your chances of finding others to game with. Many players are in groups that have openings but since they aren't the GM they don't go out of their way to recruit new players for the game. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

razada
02-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Welcome, i am new here as well, take the advice from the more experienced members, it will help you navigate this site. if you are looking for an oceanside group message me.

Zyphus
02-04-2008, 09:26 PM
makes it much easier.

Um, what is LFG/LFP?

I've been to Waterford, MI and I know it is not 850 miles from Detroit. I'm actually north of Detroit and used my proper zip code. Is it a Waterford in another state? Sometimes it is very hard to tell.

Does anyone actually use the D&D Message Boards Player Registry? Or Gleemax?

rabkala
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
LFG = Looking For Game
LFP = Looking For Players

The WoTC boards can be helpful, I have found players there. Many posters here can be found there as well as other places. Some sites just tend to be more friendly and easy to use, like my home here at Penandpapergames.com!
:)

cplmac
02-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Some sites just tend to be more friendly and easy to use, like my home here at Penandpapergames.com!
:)

I agree totally! From the various sites I've been on, this is by far the friendliest of them all. Everyone is always courteous here, unlilke some of the other sites.

tesral
02-05-2008, 07:07 PM
The second or third Saturday of each week. I believe both now also try to run games weekly, when possible.

You mean month I take it. I keep wanting to make one of those. Ben Pope is one of my old players, it would be nice to sit down and talk about old times.

nijineko
02-07-2008, 07:50 AM
welcome! look around, ask questions, and don't step on the tail!

i have used them, and still check them on occasion. but the registry here beats those hands down!

Zyphus
02-28-2008, 02:20 PM
The last few times there were close to a dozen people. I like how it is simple, informal and lets you get a feel for how the other people play or run their campaigns without trying to immediately play.

The most interesting thing mentioned last time was that most likely none of us are in the target demographic for Hasbro/WotC's D&D. I think everyone in attendence was over 30, graduated from college, and works full time.

Oh crap, I did say each week instead of each month, didn't I? :)

Yeah, meetings are monthly, but most people have weekly (or as close to it as they can) games.

tesral
02-28-2008, 06:46 PM
The most interesting thing mentioned last time was that most likely none of us are in the target demographic for Hasbro/WotC's D&D. I think everyone in attendence was over 30, graduated from college, and works full time.

Yep, too old to care about apparently, but we are the dudes with the money.

Oh crap, I did say each week instead of each month, didn't I? :)

Yeah, meetings are monthly, but most people have weekly (or as close to it as they can) games.

I'll send the fluffy bunny over with he wet noddle. I RSVPed for the next meetup. Hopefully I can make this one.