PDA

View Full Version : 24.. Jack Bauer

GBVenkman
01-31-2008, 01:25 PM
I know Jack Bauer isn't in a DnD setting, but I'm curious to what people think Jack's alignment would be in a DnD setting?

Drohem
01-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Neutral Good or just Neutral...I only watched several episodes from the first season, and nothing since then.

Farcaster
01-31-2008, 03:43 PM
I've only watched the 1st season as well, but he seemed pretty ready to go outside the bounds of the law to get things done. I'd put him as Chaotic-Good, based on what I know of him.

Mulsiphix
02-01-2008, 01:20 AM
I think Neutral Good fits him best.

Maelstrom
02-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Yeah, Neutral good is a good fit. He does bend the rules for sure, but he does work the system when the system works.

GBVenkman
02-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Yeah, I was thinking almost chaotic neutral, although there is tons of method to his madness.

I'm not sure exactly what chaotic means in DnD sense.

Does chaotic mean somebody who is an unstable madman who drinks all the time and has poor work attendance?
(always thought of Chaotic Good as a drunk sorority girl who volunteers at the homeless shelter)...

Or is it somebody that can do the unexpected without regard to what society thinks.

"That's the problem with people like you, George. You want results, but you never want to get your hands dirty. I'd start rolling up your sleeves.."

so is torture a matter of lawfulness or good/evil..

Chaotic good is tempting, but straight neutral seems the easiest way out when applying Occam's razor.

upidstay
02-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Completely lawful neutral. Totally ruthless, will sacrifice a few for the good of the many, which is a basic tenet of the LG alignment.

The original Deities and Demi Gods book had a great diagram of the various alignments, showing the extremes, plus a large grey stripe for the "grey areas" of alignment 99% of us fall under. Old Jackie B would definitely be at the extreme end. He'd kill a baby if it meant he could save 100 more.