PDA

View Full Version : New to Dallas

Branneth
09-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Hey everyone. I moved to Dallas last year and am trying to get into a new gaming group. I want to ideally find a group that plays somewhere in the Addison area, or close to. I've been pretty active over the last several years with D&D, as well as having a good history with most, if not all of the World of Darkness series. I don't really want an overwhelmingly large group, just a close-knit group of guys who don't mind one more person adding to the team. My wife is urging me to get back into gaming, so here I go!

For what it's worth, I'm 28, and just looking for some people to share a common interest :D

Thanks!

You can get in touch with me at branneth AT gmail DOT com.

fmitchell
09-30-2006, 11:34 PM
My wife is urging me to get back into gaming, ...

Does she have a sister?

I mean, uh, Hi Branneth!

Sarraroth
10-01-2006, 03:00 AM
Your plight sounds remarkably similar to my own. My boyfriend and I moved into the area bout two years ago and have had little success coming up with a gaming group. We play Shadowrun, WoD, and D&D (but only if we have to). Honestly...we're to the point where we'd play just about anything...

Wolf Starr
10-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi Sarraroth,
My husband and I play or run WOD, we want to play Shadowrun, and we have played and run post-apocalyptic games. If you are running a game or want to join a game, we should meet up at half-price for one of the gamer's meetings. Will you be at the meeting on the 7th?
Becky

Sarraroth
10-02-2006, 06:03 PM
I think we might be able to make it to the one on the 14th. What time does it start? I couldn't tell by the post. More importantly, what time will you guys be there?

Wolf Starr
10-04-2006, 07:33 AM
The meeting begins at 4pm. We will probably get there around 4pm. We may even be there before that time as we love to browse through the store.
Becky

Sarraroth
10-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I think I am going to try to be there this saturday after all. I probably won't make it until 6:30 or 7 though...(work) and I will be sans other half, but hopefully I will be able to see you then!

Wolf Starr
10-07-2006, 10:47 AM
The meeting today starts at 3:00pm. The next meeting is the one at 4:00pm. I'm not sure if Chris and I will still be there by 6:00 or 7:00pm. We're not into D&D, so we probably won't stay to game unless someone wants to try something else. We will stay to shop for a while though. If you get there and we aren't in the gaming area, have us paged (Chris or Rebecca Starr) to meet you in the meeting area. If we don't see you this week, hopefully we'll see you at the next Saturday meeting.

discomammoth
10-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi, Are you intresting in meeting gamers, and people with similar intrest then try our group

http://www.oldschoolgamer.net/forum/

once there you will be greated with much good will and dorkiery beyond belief.

hurmph....

Ok seriously though we are looking we recently had a decline in attendence and are looking for new blood. We have two regular game nights. One is Tuesday 6pm the other is brand new and is twice a month on sundays starting Oct 22nd. You are welcome to join one or both and actually have three-four games running as we switch off on tuesday nights. See post in the DM Searching section. So please take a look see what's up, we play DnD, d20 modern, Shadowrun, and most anything else. Very laid back Not rule lawyers but not so laxed it gets silly. We see books as 60-80% rules and use them as guidlines more and will always default to fun over rules. Anyway you'll need to register which is free and takes a second or two and contact either me "the grand viser" or "Ghoul Lord", or "Dungeonmaster" Cool hope to see you all. GM's and Player's of all skill wanted. Have books and willing to drive or host. So ya like anyone.

http://www.oldschoolgamer.net/forum/
the grand viser

Moritz
10-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Welcome Branneth,

I too have been wanting to play, even been trying to hook up with a group from this forum, but timing is everything and often a pain. When you throw real life into the mix, things tend to go awry.

Good luck in your search.

So many games
So little time.

Moritz

talysian
11-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey there Branneth!

I know the feeling My wife and I have been in the area for about 3 years however due to schedual conflicts, people moving divorcing that sort of thing we have dwindled down to 4-5 players that are still around, and even those the schedual's don't click.

We are looking to start a Earthdawn game in the Addison/Carrolton area if anyone is interested.