PDA

View Full Version : 4th deition campaign taking aplications now!

Johny Limbo
01-30-2008, 10:52 PM
I am a long time player/DM of D+D in all of it's forms. I have run campaigns over the years that have brought fun and enjoyment to not only me, but the players as well. I currently run a long-term campaign on Sundays at my home. There are 6 players and myself. A bit larger than I normally like, but it is working. I do extensive background and plot with the PC's and the campaign setting i general. And I am planning on starting a 4th edition campaign soon as it comes out and I can learn the mechanics. I want to have a group of players set to start on the same time line. That way once I get the rules down we can start right away. I put a lot of time into the story and I expect a good to fair amount of role-play and participations from the players as well. I weave plots and interwoven hooks to create a storyline that captivates player through a long term campaign. Normally 1st-15th level. The reason I am hosting this now is because I would like to get some of the better D+D players out there. I am not concerned with min/max players or rules lawyers. I am looking for players with some level of experience at role-playing and a willingness to commit to a long-term campaign that will involve mystery, combat, magic, and interesting character interactions. I do not wanna dress up or anything that that! But I want to have a good group who will all show up and put an effort into the group and game. If anyone is interested please contact me and we can start a back and forth about getting stuff rolling. I have the basic plans for my campaign setting already to go, it is just a matter of re-acclimating myself to the new rules. The short version of my setting will be a post apocalyptic campaign where magic and technology are cherished, and the landscape is riddled by the destruction of the last war. Think Blade runner, meets forgotten realms, mixed with elements of Dark Sun, Eberron and spelljammer. I use miniatures for combat and have several hundred in my stock. If it is not on the table, it is not there. I look forward to hearing from anyone who wants to have a great time starting this summer and last on through the year. I want the group to start at 1st level and go as far as we can. To contact me faster email me at
monai75@comcast.net

Farcaster
01-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Johny, you should post this in the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) area.

Mulsiphix
01-31-2008, 12:47 AM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. Please join us in on any of the various topics being discussed in the forums. For best results taking the initiative to contact players in your area should greatly increase your chances of finding others to game with. Many players are in groups that have openings but since they aren't the GM they don't go out of their way to recruit new players for the game. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

Johny Limbo
01-31-2008, 02:41 PM
sorry, I am still new to this site and not sure where to post things. I will try and move this to the player invitations area....I hope I did not rub anyone the wrong way.

Farcaster
01-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Not at all. I just wanted to make sure that anyone doing a search on the registry or using the campaign search tool would be able to find your game. They wouldn't see it posted here.

rabkala
01-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Welcome aboard. I can't wait for 4e either. Feel free to jump on the boards and tell us about your gaming experiences.