PDA

View Full Version : Pulp Cthulhu

rabkala
01-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Anyone looking forward to Pulp Cthulhu? It is slated for release sometime this year. Reckless adventures in the 1930's sounds cool.

gdmcbride
02-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Anyone looking forward to Pulp Cthulhu? It is slated for release sometime this year. Reckless adventures in the 1930's sounds cool.

Am I looking forward to it? Yes, I love Call of Cthulhu and BRP and seeing a new Pulp Cthulhu line would be interesting.

But I don't really need this book. Pulp Hero is already in print and really gives you the definitive sourcebook to all things 1930 and pulp. Yes, yes, it technically uses the Hero System, but the book is largely systemless and easily adapted to any system.

I've got Evil Hat's Spirit of the Century -- a fast, fun rollicking system that does a great job for pulp action.

I've got my Advanced Reader's Copy of BRP and hopefully the finished version will be available shortly. I've got everything I need to run Pulp BRP already.

So, what has this book going to offer that's unique and compelling?

The details so far are sketchy. What I really hope the Pulp Cthulhu line spawns are adventures and campaigns! Now those, I would eat up.

Gary

Mulsiphix
02-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Is this a sequel or the same type of product as CthulhuPunk?

Drohem
02-01-2008, 10:04 AM
My feelings run along the lines of gdmcbride; I would be interested in setting CoC continue its line, but I already have enough pulp material that I could do a pulp setting without it.