PDA

View Full Version : Off-Topic



Riftwalker
01-30-2008, 03:03 PM
OOC: That's quite alright. I can't find anything that says it won't stack. *shrug*

(Disclaimer: This post is intended to be helpful, not condescending! I've been corrected about the rules a few times already in my own campaign on these boards, so I am by no means immune to this sort of thing. I.e., if I mess something up, please let me know, too.)

PHB Page 171:



Usually a bonus has a type that indicates how the spell grants the bonus. [...] The important aspect of bonus types is that two bonuses of the same type don't generally stack.


There's also more information on page 172 and probably in the DMG, too.

Anaesthesia
01-30-2008, 03:07 PM
*lol* I knew I don't pay attention very well. But good for you to double check. I was looking at the only at Bless and Inspire Courage descriptions.

Zane
02-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Ok, this is not related to the prior posts here, but I would consider it off topic to the game.

*Zane gets a good laugh in, unable to catch his breath for a few minutes.*

All I can say is wow, this must be the easiest going group I have ever met, or else I have gotten a LOT better at downplaying information than I used to be. :D

This is a good thing, you all have just surprised me quite a bit. Well, everyone except headeast, since Barravas knows more than any other PC right now about certain things. Not that Barravas hasn't surprised me a bit with how he's handled his knowledge, I just fully expected more reactions/questions than I have seen so far.

Anyway, if you are confused by this post - don't worry about it, I just felt a need to comment OOC. Ok, is that all ambiguous enough for everyone? :p

So, back to the game for now.

The Wandering Bard
02-27-2008, 11:15 AM
:)

and know the curiostity has been pricked.

Zane
04-05-2008, 06:48 PM
I figure we could figure out the item distribution from the dragon's horde over here, instead of filling the game thread. So, let's get everyone's preferences and go from there. I know things might change as things are identified, but the list can always be edited.

So far:
*Small Leather bag with 1 small green gem, and 100gp. (Bag of Holding 1)


*A Gold and Silver ring w/ two dragons (Intelligent Item, contains spells)
- Sparkle
- Gabriel (Identified)


*a small stone (+1 Str Ioun stone)
- Crowblaze (Identified)


*a gray metal dagger (Cold iron dagger of returning)


*a suit of fine chainmail (Mithril Chainmail of Fire resistance)


*a dark leather quiver w/ one arrow. (Magical)
- Mursharr


*a rapier made of silver that glitters (Magical)


*a pouch with (1 bag Diamond dust, 1 dust of disappearance, 1 dust of appearance)
- Crowblaze (Identified)


*a beautifully crafted full helmet (Helmet of Command)


*a case of 4 vials (CMW, Bulls strength, Invisability, Potion of Holy weapon)
- Sparkle (Identified)


*a small glass figurine shaped like a raven (Clandein the Raven)
- Crowblaze (Identified)


*A Bandolier with 8 darts (Magical)
- Crowblaze (possibly)


*A mace that glows blue when touched. (Intelligent? Ghost touch mace with fear special)


*a battle axe with twin heads. (+1 keen battle axe)


*A fine silk cloak (Cloak of Charisma +2)
- Sparkle
- Gabriel (Preference)


*A fine pair of gloves (Gloves of Storage)
- Gabriel (Identified)


*A small ring with a large jewel (Ring of sustenance)


*bags holding 1000gp. each.

dndmaster
04-05-2008, 09:47 PM
As I said in the other post I would benefit greatly by the cloak. As I am sure others would too....

D'argos
04-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Rok will go last. I would like to see more of the items identified. This is also suppose to be a safe room so we can rest a little and I will keep watch at the door.

Maelstrom
04-06-2008, 12:24 AM
So far, the only item identified so far of any use to Crowblaze is the dusts and bird, and they are general purpose.

He might be able to use the darts if noone else wants em, but he will be using spells in combat mostly anyways.

Zane
04-06-2008, 01:11 AM
I've included Gabriel's and Crowblaze's comments. Mursharr finds the quiver the most interesting, as the bow is his main weapon - even without it being identified.

Riftwalker
04-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Seryl is not the type to step in and claim something. She is interested, however, in the quiver, the very light chainmail (as long as it's really light and so doesn't cause her to hit medium encumbrance), the helmet, and possibly the mace, though she's unsure about the last two due to not being familiar with their properties yet.

Anaesthesia
04-06-2008, 12:44 PM
As I said in the other post I would benefit greatly by the cloak. As I am sure others would too....


The bard doesn't need to be benefitted? :lol: :o

By the by, Zane you can have the quiver-you probably use your bow more than I use my Shortbow.

I'll check out the vials of unknown substance-doesn't seem anyone has looked at that yet. (I do have a hunch it's alchemial in some way-but I do have a habit of being completely wrong :lol: ) I may change what I want depending on how this turns out.

The Wandering Bard
04-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Sparkle I got your message and yes you can change the spell.

Also The detect magic spell that was cast shows all that every item except for the bags of just gold (this excludes the first bag in the list) are magical.

Zane
04-06-2008, 07:33 PM
I've updated the list above with what it seems that we know.

The only thing so far claimed IC is Gabriel desiring the cloak.

OOC - Mursharr will take the quiver (assuming no other objections). Waiting to make sure we figure a few more out OOC before Mursharr checks out his new toy. :-P

That still leaves lots of things to possible, and a few people that I haven't seen anything from...

Maelstrom
04-09-2008, 05:32 AM
Wandering Bard or Zane, here's an update for the latest items to be put in the master list:




*(Identified) Small Leather bag (1 small green gem, and 100gp.) - Bag of Holding 1


*(Identified) a gray metal dagger - Cold iron dagger of returning


*(Identified) a suit of fine chainmail - Mithril Chainmail of Fire resistance (Nice!)

*(Identified) a beautifully crafted full helmet (Helmet of Command)

*(Identified) A mace that glows blue when touched. (Intelligent? Ghost touch mace with fear special)


*(Identified) a battle axe with twin heads. (+1 keen battle axe) (chop chop!)

*(Identified) A small ring with a large jewel (Ring of sustenance)


If noone else has a problem with it, I'd like the figurine.

dndmaster
04-09-2008, 09:35 AM
I will Id the Rapier 1d20+6=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1556874/) the quiver and last the bandolier 1d20+6=24, 1d20+6=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1556875/)

The Wandering Bard
04-09-2008, 06:24 PM
The Rapier is known as Elthisalin Caldis (elvish) in common its known as Banshee's Wail. Drisha Visntal an elvish bard had a gem placed in the her rapier so if she died her spirit would move to the gem. the Rapier sings in battle (increasing the length of a performed song or bard skill song by 2 rounds, it also adds +5 to perform rolls and +2 to disarm rolls (distracting song and voice) it is an intellegent blade that will roll bardic knowledge and history rolls (DM rolls) if it has been to an area or knows of the event or item.

the Quiver is Kaylins Blessing, when you remove the arrow you notice that another arrow appears in the quiver. you know from the runes that it provides an unlimited supply of regular arrows, you also know that it will store any amount of arrow placed in the quiver. the arrows can changed with a thought.

sadly the bandolier is again unrecognized.

Anaesthesia
04-09-2008, 07:42 PM
The Rapier is known as Elthisalin Caldis (elvish) in common its known as Banshee's Wail. Drisha Visntal an elvish bard had a gem placed in the her rapier so if she died her spirit would move to the gem. the Rapier sings in battle (increasing the length of a performed song or bard skill song by 2 rounds, it also adds +5 to perform rolls and +2 to disarm rolls (distracting song and voice) it is an intellegent blade that will roll bardic knowledge and history rolls (DM rolls) if it has been to an area or knows of the event or item.

If no one minds I think I found something I'd like to have... :p

dndmaster
04-09-2008, 10:34 PM
You go for it, can we get a new post with all the desires of people?/

Maelstrom
04-10-2008, 05:29 AM
Crowblaze = Bird figurine

Zane
04-10-2008, 11:21 AM
You go for it, can we get a new post with all the desires of people?/
Sure thing (or, as I can best determine):

Claimed items:
*a dark leather quiver w/ one arrow. (Kaylins Blessing) - Mursharr

*a rapier made of silver that glitters (Intelligent bard blade) - Sparkle

*a small glass figurine shaped like a raven (Clandein the Raven) - Crowblaze

*A fine silk cloak (Cloak of Charisma +2) - Gabriel

*A Gold and Silver ring w/ two dragons (Intelligent Item, contains spells) - Rok


(If we assign things for out of touch players...)
Assigned items (due to player inactivity, possibly exchangeable - see DM): (sounds good to me...the others can look back at this list later and pick another item if they would like in exchange.)
*a battle axe with twin heads. (+1 keen battle axe) - Barravas


Characters that have not chosen:
Seryl (I know it was mentioned that she might like Hallowed Hand Mace)
Seth (haven't seen Fsuphilosophy09 for a little while either...) (I figure he would like the returning dagger.)


Unclaimed items:
*Small Leather bag with 1 small green gem, and 100gp. (Bag of Holding 1)

*a small stone (+1 Str Ioun stone)

*a gray metal dagger (Cold iron dagger of returning)

*a suit of fine chainmail (Mithril Chainmail of Fire resistance)

*a pouch with (1 bag Diamond dust, 1 dust of disappearance, 1 dust of appearance)

*a beautifully crafted full helmet (Helmet of Command)

*a case of 4 vials (CMW, Bulls strength, Invisability, Potion of Holy weapon)

*A Bandolier with 8 darts (Magical)

*A mace that glows blue when touched. (Intelligent? Ghost touch mace with fear special)

*A fine pair of gloves (Gloves of Storage)

*A small ring with a large jewel (Ring of sustenance)

*bags holding 1000gp. each

D'argos
04-10-2008, 02:03 PM
I belive Barravas and myself (Rok) are the only warriors. If there is another please let me know.

I would suggest Barravas:
**Twin head Keen +1 Battle Axe and or
**small stone (+1 Str Ioun stone)

I am unsure for myself though. I at first, wanted the ring of sustenance, (to keep wtahc only needing 2 hours of sleep) but then I realized a spellcaster would have greater need for such an item because it would allow them to recover thier spells within 2 hours.

I was thinking of getting the "A Gold and Silver ring w/ two dragons" only because of the history behind the ring. Rok himself lost his fristborn child so would cherish the ring. But this is more for roleplaying purposes than anything. So if someone has greater need please let me know.

So throw my vote for the double dragon ring. if someone needs it more I will not object.

Anaesthesia
04-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Just a note, I looked up Headeast's profile-he hasn't been here since March 31. I've PM'd regarding my game.

But I would tend to think Barravas would want a weapon or something.

Zane
04-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I would suggest Barravas:
**Twin head Keen +1 Battle Axe and or
**small stone (+1 Str Ioun stone)...

I am unsure for myself though. I at first, wanted the ring of sustenance...

So throw my vote for the double dragon ring. if someone needs it more I will not object.
As soon as I saw the axe - I was thinking Barravas would take it.

I would think the dagger would be a good match for Seth, although I can't really say I've gotten much of a feel for him, so not sure what he would want.

Seryl - I would think the armor or mace would work for her, and she mentioned both of those earlier, but not the dragon ring.

So - by my count that means the dragon ring can be all yours if you want it. Of course, if you like the ring of substance also - go for it. There has been enough OOC time for people to respond that I believe those who truly desire one of the items can lay claim. In fact, I'm on my way to move the IC thread along with the split of the goods. :D

Maelstrom
04-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I am unsure for myself though. I at first, wanted the ring of sustenance, (to keep wtahc only needing 2 hours of sleep) but then I realized a spellcaster would have greater need for such an item because it would allow them to recover thier spells within 2 hours.


Being a Warforged, Crowblaze doesn't need to sleep or eat, though he will need time to meditate in order to recover his spells.


Of course, if you like the ring of substance also - go for it. There has been enough OOC time for people to respond that I believe those who truly desire one of the items can lay claim.

The Songdragon asked us to take one item each... it might be interesting to see what happens if someone tried to take two though :)

D'argos
04-11-2008, 02:54 PM
No thankyou. Rok will just take his chances with the 1 ring. The twin Dragon one.

As for Baravas maybe we can assume he takes the axe. And when he comes back he can just substitute it for an item on the list if he does not want it.

Yes I agree I am ready to move forward. Lets see what darkness lies in the depths of this cave.

"Rok not scared of darkness, darkness scared of Rok !!! ROOOAAARRR !!!"

lol

Zane
04-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Just a note, I looked up Headeast's profile-he hasn't been here since March 31.
I just saw that he was on last night, but no sign of him...

Headeast, where are you? :confused:
We (well, at least Mursharr) miss Barravas. :pout:

The Wandering Bard
04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah I was hoping they would post....(I also edited the list of items and who might want what out of those who haven't picked an item yet.)

Maelstrom
04-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Lets rest this time for the night before moving on. Pretty please? :)

Zane
04-11-2008, 06:55 PM
But I want to keep moving. Gotta keep going, can't slow down...

:ballchain:Ok, who did that?

Uh, since you asked nicely, I guess I'll stay put...

Riftwalker
04-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Do we know the properties of the Helmet of Command and the Hallowed Mace? Seryl is leaning towards the mace but I couldn't find descriptions for either in the DMG or the MIC.

Zane
04-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Do we know the properties of the Helmet of Command and the Hallowed Mace? Seryl is leaning towards the mace but I couldn't find descriptions for either in the DMG or the MIC.
Yep, they were in the main thread, posted from the Spellcraft checks.

The Mace is Hollowed Soul. (a knowledge history will reveal its history.) A Ghost touched Mace with a unique ability. 1/day the mace can emit a screem like those trapped in the nine hells. (will save dc14 or flee from the wielder.)

Helmet is a The Helmet of COmmand (+2 on Bluff, Intimidate, Diplomacy checks.)

Maelstrom
04-14-2008, 05:31 PM
There is some history to the Mace, but I couldn't determine it due to a terrible knowledge(history) roll.

The Wandering Bard
04-14-2008, 11:31 PM
The mace was used by Theologian Volmar in his war against the Mad summoner Estin. the mace was stained by the blood of so many deamons that it began to gain magical abilities. (its cold iron forged head is a +1 weapon with the added ability to unleash the shrieks of those trapped in the nine hells.)

Riftwalker
04-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Awesome. I'll go with the mace. Thanks!

D'argos
04-16-2008, 07:39 AM
I just wanted to post my thanks to ZANE and Crowblaze. Zane for his insightful idea to include character descriptions in a seperate topic so that if new players and old can get a visual idea of the vastly different looking party we have here.

And my thanks to Crowblaze to for keeping a journal to write down all the "pieces of the puzzle" !

- D'argos
Rok "ROOOAAARRR !!!"

D'argos
04-16-2008, 01:15 PM
POSSIBLE MARCHING ORDER
(will be edited with everyone's input, can be changed easily if someone wants a different position)
A____________________B_____________________ C
l__ l++++++l_____l++++\__\/__/++++++++
l __l 5 ft ++l____ l 10 ft l_____ l 15 ft +
l__ l++++++l____ l++++_l_____l+++++++

8 __________8_________ 8

5__________ 52________ 526
2__________ 74________ 374
4__________ 13_________ 1
7___________6
3
1
6

(1) Anaesthesia / Sparkle bard
(2) D'argos / Rok war
(3) dndmaster / Gabriel caster
(4) Fsuphilosophy09 / Seth Rogue
(5) headeast76 / Barravas dwarf war
(6) Maelstrom / crowblaze hybrid
(7) Riftwalker/ Seryl cleric
(8 ) Zane / Mursharr scout
.

Changes: swapped Seryl and Seth in 5' line

Zane
04-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Hmm, I don't think the formatting appeared quite like you intended.

Oh, and I'm fairly sure that Seth is not a caster, but a roguish kinda guy.

D'argos
04-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Another possible order would be a reach order.

If crowblaze has a longspear. We could do the 5 foot tunnel like this

Baravas - axe reach 5 ft (short / medium humanoid)
Crowblaze - longspear reach 10 ft (regular / human size humanoid)
Rok - Sp. Chain reach 20 ft (large sized humanoid)

Rok could also use his comp longbow and fire over the top of the front warriors

Any and all input is wlecome ! :D

Riftwalker
04-16-2008, 01:42 PM
I have no major complaints. I might swap Seryl and Seth in the 5' lineup, simply because Seryl is more of an archer than a melee fighter. (She's a very druid/ranger-like outdoorsy cleric of Ehlonna. Her AC isn't that great, and her feats/stats are more geared towards shooting arrows than cracking skulls.)

dndmaster
04-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Looks good to me :)

Anaesthesia
04-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Anything is fine with me, as long as I'm not in front ;)

Zane
04-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Ok, now to comment on the actual order.

I know that Seth would like to be near the front (his character suggested that at one point in time) - but with Fsuphilosophy09 not being able to check as often as others (i.e. myself - who has no life :biggrin:), I think it would be better to keep him off the front line, especially since Mursharr is able to search for traps - when he thinks to do so...

On the 15 foot wide, I'd say keep Crowblaze at the back to guard the rear and move Seth up instead. He can be flanked by the two bigger guys to protect him, but his eyes wouldn't hurt to have there. So:
8
542
376
1

All in all, good idea keeping Seryl near the middle, so the cleric can easily reach as many people as possible. :cool:

Anaesthesia
04-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Sounds good Zane! :)

dndmaster
04-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Gabriel's initiative

dndmaster
04-17-2008, 11:06 PM
hey good roll :)

The Wandering Bard
04-17-2008, 11:08 PM
there you go....I wish I had thought to explain it that way in the first place :)

D'argos
04-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Baravas make sure to look over the items. We gave you the Keen Axe. But if there is something else you want, just let us know.

Riftwalker
04-29-2008, 08:30 AM
It's difficult for me the player to know how injured everyone is and therefore who urgently needs healing and who can last until the end of the battle. Even if I can figure out how many hit points of damage a character has taken, since I don't know their max HP it becomes difficult for me to make a decision regarding whether I should heal people in battle or if we can wait until afterwards.

From a tactical standpoint, it is usually advantageous to wait until after battle to heal, because that means more actions are spent doing useful things in battle.

If possible, can you players post hit-points in your thread if you're getting close to dropping, or otherwise giving me a visual descriptive hint ("I'm standing in a pool of my own blood and looking pale.") Or send me a PM like Rok did. :)

Thanks!

Anaesthesia
04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
If possible, can you players post hit-points in your thread if you're getting close to dropping, or otherwise giving me a visual descriptive hint ("I'm standing in a pool of my own blood and looking pale.") Or send me a PM like Rok did. :)

Thanks!

Ditto-I received a PM from Rok as well. I have a limited amount of spells, so it would also help me to know where best to use my spells or who is in more need of help.

:)

D'argos
04-29-2008, 02:21 PM
I tried the desriptive approach of many slashes of bllod across Rok's chest, and small pools of blood where he walks.. but i think everyone thought it was just part of me narrarting Rok. I was thinking maybe a code word. "Redwarrior needs food badly"

Meaning ia m serious enough hurt from taking beatings that I may not get many other actions.

PS How do you post your chracter sheet or at least parts of it and hide it like you do. I woudl like to post rok's available hp. but keep it hidden if you did not wish to see it.

Riftwalker
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
PS How do you post your chracter sheet or at least parts of it and hide it like you do. I woudl like to post rok's available hp. but keep it hidden if you did not wish to see it.


[ h i d e ] Some stuff [ / h i d e ]

yields:

Some stuff

when you take out all the spaces.

D'argos
04-29-2008, 08:33 PM
test

This is a test

1

2

3

4

dndmaster
07-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Great work everyone!!! It was hard standing back and letting you do all the work, but Gabriel had to know.

dndmaster
08-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey i am not sure you all seen this before, but I remember we were talking about languages and translating them back and forth. I found this site that does a number of different languages.

http://www.geocities.com/flashguardian/chartest/translator.html

The Wandering Bard
08-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks, This looks like it will work very well. Plus provides a wide variety of languages for me to use.

Zane
08-28-2008, 01:15 AM
More toys for TWB - just what he needed.:p But seriously, nice find.

The Wandering Bard
08-28-2008, 07:41 PM
I know :-P I was so excited... now I have another reason not to do my work hahaha :)

MuslixtheMighty
09-07-2008, 03:50 PM
I am the new gamer, Christopher and I will be playing Dronn, the Half-orc monk. I just wanted to introduce myself and I am glad to be able to join your PbP game.

dndmaster
09-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the chaos :)

D'argos
09-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Rok will be away this week. I live in houston and Hurricane Ike is forcing me to evaqcuate. Please NPC my character till i get back.

I hope everyone stays safe.

-D'argos

The Wandering Bard
09-11-2008, 06:24 PM
No worries. my job is keeping me very busy this week (as I'm sure some of you can tell by the lack of posting) so I won't start the fight until you return.

MuslixtheMighty
10-23-2008, 12:12 PM
I have an OOC question and thought it would be better for me to ask here then in the campaign thread.

How the group had to travel an hour to get from Dronn's cell to the throne room, they would of filled me in with their first fight with him, correct?

Zane
10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Mursharr wouldn't - since he wasn't really with the group most of the time, traveling ahead to search for traps and all.

Would he have even asked the group about anything, or would one of the other PCs have had to bring it up themselves?

The Wandering Bard
10-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Yes someone in the party would have conveyed as much information as possible.. except about a song dragon, as no one in the party is able to talk about the creature due to a unique binding spell that it cast.

Anaesthesia
10-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Yes someone in the party would have conveyed as much information as possible..

Why do I have the feeling that I should have volunteered the information? :confused: (Ok, Ok, so maybe I'm not a talkative type of bard... *lol*) If I should have, I'm sorry, my small scattered brain wasn't thinking of volunteering the info.... :(

D'argos
10-27-2008, 07:35 AM
This mirror stuff is kind of freaky.. My character is scared to death already of attacking shadows in the dark. (he got trapped there once)

Speaking of mirrors, in Alice in wonderland Alice's family was trapped into a mirror. Back then mirrors were called a looking glass.

headeast76
11-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah but Barravas is brave enough for all of us :) Not as smart maybe but then again he might surprise us. He will take the small stone also and if no one objects the bag of holding one...:o

D'argos
11-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Question for our GM: Does Rok get an attack of Oppurtunity agaisnt the Imp for charging Sparkle. I believe Sparkle is within my protective arc, but I was also busy helping Barravas so I might be distracted. I wanted to defer this to you. :confused:

The Wandering Bard
11-20-2008, 04:52 PM
I tell you what..thats a good question, the best solution I can think of is roll a d20 if you get an 11 or above you get an AoO.

Anaesthesia
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM
TWB-I've heard from dndmaster (Gabriel) via Barrok's Tower, will PM you.

The Wandering Bard
11-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks Ana. Got your PM and Responded.

The Wandering Bard
11-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Hello Crew.. I will be pausing this game for the rest of this week to be resumed on Monday. I'm doing this so everyone will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving and all the things that go with and not have to worry about making a post.

Thanks all for the great game and can't wait to resume it again. until then Enjoy your Thanksgiving and have a lovely holiday.

D'argos
12-04-2008, 10:30 AM
ok I have none of the supplies from before. I believe Sparkle and Dronn have most of them. So lets say they set up the silverdust and the extras while me and Baravas keep the denzions of hell at Bay. If we dont make it in time I will engage what comes through the portal. Baravas I belive it is time for a little payback so why dont you engage the Lich. I will take on any surviving minions.