PDA

View Full Version : Need Feedback For Upcoming Poll

Mulsiphix
01-30-2008, 07:25 AM
I really want to start a poll that includes the top 14 (15th will be "other") wargaming systems of all time. While I've quite familiar with wargaming systems, there are some that probably just aren't worth mentioning (chainmail :eek:). I see far to many polls created and post after post people are curious why X game wasn't included and why X game was included, being the pile of crap they believe it to be. So far I am considering the systems below. Please let me know what you would like to see in the actual poll.

Please note that this is not a thread for listing your favorite system and why. Please leave those tales of greatness for the actual poll thread. A simple listing of systems you feel should be included will do well enough :p.

Currently Considering
BattleTech
Warhammer 40,000
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
HeavyGear
D&D Miniatures

ffclubhero
01-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Don't forget:

1. Warmachine
2. AT-43 (this one I'm really thinkin' off getting)
3. Star Wars minis
4. Lord of the Rings SBG

tesral
01-30-2008, 12:52 PM
That are the limits? War games cover the whole list of things that fight. Seapower II anyone? Naval enguagments at 1/1200 scale?

I am assuming tabletop fantasy based systems unless said otherwise.

Battelsystem 1 & 2
Battlestorm (Ral Parth's shot at war gaming glory)
Spelljammer (ship to ship)

Mulsiphix
01-30-2008, 06:43 PM
That are the limits? War games cover the whole list of things that fight. Seapower II anyone? Naval enguagments at 1/1200 scale?

I am assuming tabletop fantasy based systems unless said otherwise.Tabletop fantasy based systems are a go. If you can wargame with it then it fits this thread.

Grinnen Baeritt
02-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Um...

Warlaw (ICE).

TAROT
02-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Harpoon
Star Fleet Battles
Silent Death

Mulsiphix
02-18-2008, 04:58 AM
Anybody here actually play BrikWars?

tesral
02-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Anybody here actually play BrikWars?

Once, it was a blast. I suppose I could downlaod the rules, I have enough Lego.

Kilrex
04-18-2008, 01:43 PM
I cant remember the name but there is a space fleet based game that reminded me alot of the Warhammer 40K minis. We used to do a mock up fleet battle in space before the ground based assault. We had a crap ton of scenarios.

Mutual Colonization: Both parties land armies to determine who captures planet. Ground army pt totals based off how many transport ships were able to survive space battle to land.

Siege Assault: Attacker must fight way through space defense to attack the ground unit (500 pt) sequestered in the base. Surviving ships land troops to assault. 2000 pt of troops in split into transport ships which had to survive to land. Usually only 750-1000 pt be lucky to land.

Those were the main 2 we used but we had more which we would roll a d20 to decide which one to use. 1-5 were the Mutual Colonization and 14-20 were the Siege Assault. Numbers 6-13 were different scenarios. Like a scouting mission, deliver orbital strikes, catpure relic and escape, and my favorite, a scenario based on the Battle of Hoth, ground units started in combat and had to withdraw to transports and then fight free of blockade.