PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Wargaming System

Mulsiphix
01-30-2008, 07:17 AM
What is your least favorite wargaming system? You can despise it for the overcomplicated or seriously flawed game mechanics or you can despise it because the setting was poorly defined and/or near impossible to create a fun encounter for.

tesral
01-30-2008, 12:46 PM
That I have played? Battlesystem. Too many fliddly bits. Too many rolls for one unit. If you have a unit of 12 figures you have to roll 12 times for a single turn for that unit alone.

This morphed into D&D minis. I think the system got better but they took the "mass" out of the "battle". It's the D&D melee system simplified.

ffclubhero
01-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Hhhhmmm... I'd say 40K, but not for the system itself. GW likes to create a rabid base of loyalists that tends to consume eachother. I got tired of people trying to eat me. :eek: On the other hand, it does make those surviving hobbyists stronger. Or at least full. :rolleyes:

But I think you meant system of play.... sorry. :o

Mulsiphix
01-30-2008, 07:10 PM
I have to agree that as a collector Games Workshop makes me sick. They are the anti-christ of collectibles companies. The fact that they'll flat out discontinue a product line you've worked hard to complete just makes me sad. But yea systems are what the thread is about.

Tesral if you know of a system that blows that you have observed that is just fine too. Hearing about a system through a friend though isn't quite accurate enough to condemn one though. I mean you could but not fairly. Kinda like everybody and 4E :o.

rabkala
01-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Battletech

Mulsiphix
01-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Battletech:eek: I think I'm going to be sick :(

rabkala
01-30-2008, 09:48 PM
;)
It isn't so. Just getting a rise from you.

I really have never played a wargame I didn't like, on some level at least.

Mulsiphix
01-30-2008, 10:12 PM
*wipes the tears from his eyes* Really? Really, Really? Really, Really, Really? *sniffle* For the sake of the thread could you name one or two of your favorites and let us know why they rock so hard?