PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition For Dummies (For Dummies (Sports & Hobbies))

PnP News Bot
01-24-2008, 10:58 PM
<table><tr><td valign="top"></td><td>Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition For Dummies (For Dummies (Sports & Hobbies)) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html%3FASIN=0470292903%26tag=penandpaperg a-20%26lcode=xm2%26cID=2025%26ccmID=165953%26locatio n=/o/ASIN/0470292903%253FSubscriptionId=09CQH6MK86KXT0YR73G2 ) [For Dummies]
by Bill Slavicsek, Rich Baker
Release Date: 2008-07-21
Amazon Price: <strike>$21.99</strike> $14.95 as of 03/07/2008 09:41:40 AM PST
http://www.penandpapergames.com/images/amazon_buy.gif (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html%3FASIN=0470292903%26tag=penandpaperg a-20%26lcode=xm2%26cID=2025%26ccmID=165953%26locatio n=/o/ASIN/0470292903%253FSubscriptionId=09CQH6MK86KXT0YR73G2 )
Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition For Dummies is the only introductory guide that uses plain-English to explain what you need to know to start your very own D&D campaign. Topics covered include:
Finding a Game
Learning the Rules¬*
Choosing a Character
Creating a Character
D&D etiquette
Becoming a Dungeon Master...and Much More!¬*
Newly revised material includes two new chapters: Building Your Character Online and Playing Your Best Online, as well as cool new powers for fighters, rogues, wizards, clerics and high-level monsters.
The fun and easy way to get started in this popular fantasy role-playing game Market research indicates that 4 million American males, ages 8 to 45, play Dungeons & Dragons, while 7.6 million who haven't played say they want to learn how. The popularity of recent sci-fi and fantasy movies has also boosted interest. D&D is complex to learn, and this friendly guide helps the curious locate a game, understand the rules, choose or create a character, follow proper game etiquette, and even move up in the hierarchy to become a Dungeon Master. The four-page foldout cheat sheet will include markers and a model dungeon layout that serves as an actual game board, allowing readers to play using this book and nothing else.</td/</tr></table>

<HR>Price is accurate as of the date/time indicated. Prices and product availability are subject to change. Any price displayed on the Amazon website at the time of purchase will govern the sale of this product. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME OF THE CONTENT THAT WE MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS APPLICATION COMES FROM AMAZON WEB SERVICES. ALL SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." THIS CONTENT AND YOUR USE OF IT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND/OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.<HR>

Mulsiphix
01-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Newly revised material includes two new chapters: Building Your Character Online and Playing Your Best Online, as well as cool new powers for fighters, rogues, wizards, clerics and high-level monsters.Holy crap! Online play will be available by this summer? I thought this was something they were just thinking about. Does anybody have anymore information or links on what kind of online community they will be creating? I know it will be called Gleemax but I thought it was nothing more than a news network and WOTC employee manned forums.

rabkala
01-24-2008, 11:23 PM
The title of this book is insensitive to our non speaking brethren. I will not sit idly by ... I will protest.

Mulsiphix
01-25-2008, 02:56 AM
The title of this book is insensitive to our non speaking brethren. I will not sit idly by ... I will protest.You've sat idly by for years while the first incarnation of this book was circulated for D&D 3.X. Give me information about online play! FEED ME LINKS!!!

Digital Arcanist
01-25-2008, 08:55 PM
There is no information about online play. They describe it in the GenCon videos but there is still much to finish especially since the PnP system is still in design.

Gleemax is not the official name of the system either.

Mulsiphix
01-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Gleemax is not the official name of the system either.Seriously? Have they announced the name yet? I thought Gleemax pretty much covered all the 4E tools and goodies.

nijineko
02-01-2008, 09:09 AM
gleemax is just hosting the forums and some other things.

Mulsiphix
02-01-2008, 11:03 AM
So any actual name yet or is that unannounced?

nijineko
02-02-2008, 01:44 PM
well, surely they will update ddo to 4e sooner or later.

and someone is bound to come out with a 4e neverwinter nights mod, if an official one isn't released.

Mulsiphix
02-03-2008, 06:56 PM
While the second NWN didn't do as well as the first I can't imagine why BioWare wouldn't continue the series. Its the best D&D rule set implementation I've ever seen. Not to mention the level of detail and depth to the story is almost unmatched by other games. Even RPG's :eek:

nijineko
02-04-2008, 11:47 AM
they were advertising for writers a bit ago. wouldn't be surprised if they were still wanting writers. all you have to do is to submit a writing sample in the form of a nwn module. ^^ the add should be up on their page, belike. ah, here it is:

bioware writer job (http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/positions/austin_writer.html)

check it out. =D i would, but i don't own any copies of nwn 1 or 2. =( i would like to get ahold of and try those out, considering the rule set. sigh.

Mulsiphix
02-04-2008, 01:45 PM
They are down right dirt cheap on a site like eBay. I think you can even get them from download direct sites like Direct2Drive.com if you don't mind paying close to retail. Truly worth picking up though. The amount of story and dialog available is only compared to massive RPG's like Final Fantasy. Except the entire setting is pure D&D :D