PDA

View Full Version : ABQ DnD 3.5+

Mr. What
01-22-2008, 03:33 PM
New D&D 3.5 campaign. Experienced GM, good with both role playing and combat details. We may move to 4.0 later.

dates and times are still in discussion.
We may shoot for (most) thursday evenings.
Weekend sessions are not out of the question.

We will be starting at the game store/cafe in Rio Rancho.

So far, we are playing with mostly older, veteran RPG'ers.
In our 30's to 40's. All ages are welcome.

chebwanderer
01-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Should be available for thursday evening. Have to clear it with wife. Late 30s , new to Albuquerque and country. Play via webcam a 3.5 campaign back home in UK, thats what do at moment. Looking for live players. More into combat than roleplay but been playing since time began. Love to GM but into playing too. Experienced with 3.5, 2nd, Hackmaster, Mythus, Pendragon, Warhammer, Paranoia, Megatraveller, Runequest,World of darkness and loads others. Got own dice, books in UK.:)

Mr. What
01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
I'll talk to the DM.
Sounds like a good fit.
We are mostly in our 30's-40's.
DM leans a bit towards strategic play more than Role, IMOHO, but he may differ on that assessment :-)

Being from the UK should be interesting!
Note that I am also trying to be a playtester for Cubicle7's new Dr. Who based RPG.

Mr. What
01-31-2008, 01:03 PM
It is looking like we may decide to host RuneQuest (RQ) every other sunday at my house, near UNM.

Dave may start his new DnD campaign(s), hosted mostly at the game store/cafe in Rio Rancho. I'll post more info when I get it.
He is talking about Thursday evenings, but he may do some weekends too.

You may like Dave's games.
He is more strategic than role-play oriented.

Dave is not a big computer user, so I need to speak for him here.

chebwanderer
02-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Been a LONG time since played Runequest. Used to own books published by Games Workshop (not Chaoism). Liked the system but my players never really got into it. Would like to give it a new try. Style of GMing will probably suit my style of playing too.

This Dr Who rpg sounds interesting, played two others one by fasa and other by virgin. Both long time ago. Always been a fan since Jon Pertwee days. New stuff is great, especially Torchwood (enjoying new series).

Mr. What
02-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Every other sunday RQ, near UNM, is on.
Starts 2/10/2008, every other sunday.
(2/24, 3/9, 3/23...)

Send me contact info by private message if interested.

I have the character generation rules for Dr. Who, Adventures in space and Time.
If you are interested, I can forward an NDA, and get you a copy. We are not bothering to meet face2face yet. we are handling character generation by phone and e-mail.

Dave is starting a DnD 3.5 game. I'm pushing for Thurs. Evening at the gaming store/cafe in Rio Rancho. first date not yet determined. Looking for Players. (If we get a good core group, we may move to hosting at a private house. As long as we are LFP, we are likely to stay at the storefront location)

jms98
04-21-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm going to be moving to Albuquerque in a few months and would be very interested in joining a 3.5 campaign of D&D. This is an old thread, but are you guys still looking?

Mr. What
04-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Since that post several games have come and gone. I know several interested people, but none interested in GMing right now. I might consider GMing this summer, but it would most likely be GURPS fantasy, or Pathfinder (3.5 derivitive)

jms98
04-23-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm not terribly conversant with GURPS, but Pathfinder would be pretty comfortable for me.

obiwanshinobi
04-23-2012, 11:45 PM
i am currently in a great group- but a few members (4 of us total) are looking to add another game to the schedule. I am willing to DM this other game, would be a Pathfinder campaign, just would need a few more players to round out the group.

if the setup follows our other games schedule, this game would be every other week, sundays or possibly saturdays (depending on group needs/wishes)- any one looking can shoot me an email and i can see what the others say about this.

ps- would prefer experienced, well-versed players of the Pathfinder/3.5 system- really dont want to have to do much training to run the game :)