PDA

View Full Version : GURPS Space

MortonStromgal
01-22-2008, 02:37 PM
In an unusual turn of events my wife has shown some tolerance of GURPS and Sci-Fi. So I picked up GURPS Space today at lunch and I'm wondering what people have done with it. I'm leaning toward a Traveller New Era type thing. Man is trying to get back to the stars. 1950s rocket technology, derelict space station on the moon etc.

Skunkape
01-22-2008, 04:07 PM
I've done everything from running low tech near Earth games to 23rd century closest stars within 21 light year radius of Earth games. Both work just as well and the flavor can change with each game.

I'd say the preliminary idea that you have sounds pretty good as well, just make sure you've decided on enough details to run before you start. Not that you have to flesh everything out, just make sure you've got enough ready for your players.

Mulsiphix
01-22-2008, 04:38 PM
I own this one and am amazed at how much information is in it. My first truly homebrew setting is going to be a mix of DragonMech, DragonStar, and GURPS Space. Might even get in some stuff from Transhuman Space. I'm looking to create more of a Farscape meets Cyberpunk setting. I was amazed at how detailed this book was on alien life. Simply blown away :D