PDA

View Full Version : Pleased to Meet you...

Saint Dharma32
01-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Won't you guess my name? :)

All seriousness aside, this is my first time posting here so here goes:

I am one half of the Dynamic Duo of Dharma and Andi. She plays games and so do I, but I also want to run games. Problem is, there's not much of anything out here in my little corner of the 'verse, so here I am, an object in space posting.

I am looking for groups in the Knoxville, TN area who playing anything. My primary focus is d20 Modern and Past, with minors in Shadowrun, Earthdawn, Serenity, GURPS, Champions, Aberrant, Marvel Super Heroes, and a few others I've played in my 20+ experience. (Yes, I am of the Old School. Ask me about the time I bought the Red Box Dungeons and Dragons....)

So if there's anyone in my area who fits the bill, drop me a line.

Also I am willing to discuss possible gaming scenarios for: d20 Modern and Past, Serenity and Mutants and Masterminds (the latter in more detail once I get the books for that.)

Res ipsa loquitor,

Saint Dharma

Roman
01-21-2008, 04:46 PM
A pleasure to meet you, St. Dharma.

I know how hard it is to get a group together. I live in the Midwest, the birthplace of RPGs, an hour from Chicago and 2 from Milwaukee, and I *still* have trouble finding a group.

Drohem
01-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Hello and welcome!!! :)

underdarkshark
01-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Hail and welcome. Ya'll never lived in Raleigh N.C. did you?

Mulsiphix
01-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. Please join us in on any of the various topics being discussed in the forums. For best results taking the initiative to contact players in your area should greatly increase your chances of finding others to game with. Many players are in groups that have openings but since they aren't the GM they don't go out of their way to recruit new players for the game. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

Saint Dharma32
01-22-2008, 09:33 AM
A pleasure to meet you, St. Dharma.

I know how hard it is to get a group together. I live in the Midwest, the birthplace of RPGs, an hour from Chicago and 2 from Milwaukee, and I *still* have trouble finding a group.

I spent a couple of years in Iowa, so I know what you mean. However, I did luck out and found a group in Cedar Rapids. Not only that, but turns out that they knew old friends of mine that had lived there previously.

Saint Dharma

Saint Dharma32
01-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Hail and welcome. Ya'll never lived in Raleigh N.C. did you?

No, but I knew folks who lived out that way lamenting about how there wasn't much of nothing.

Saint Dharma

rabkala
01-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Rumplestilskin! No, how about corn flakes?

Welcome to the site. Feel free to jump on the boards. Good luck in your search.