PDA

View Full Version : Hello

heresyoftruth
01-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Hello,

This board was recommended to me as a way to meet other folks in Seattle who gamed. I just moved to Seattle a month ago, so I don't know anyone. I am an old gamer. Lately we've been doing a lot of GURPs. Right now, the flavor is GURPs Shadowrun.

Mulsiphix
01-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. Please join us in on any of the various topics being discussed in the forums. For best results taking the initiative to contact players in your area should greatly increase your chances of finding others to game with. Many players are in groups that have openings but since they aren't the GM they don't go out of their way to recruit new players for the game. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

rabkala
01-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Welcome aboard. We would love to hear about your gaming experiences and thoughts on game systems on the boards.

heresyoftruth
01-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I can't believe I have never found this site before. A fellow gamer on the Seattle community over on LJ recommended me to this. It looks pretty cool.

tesral
01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Now, find a game and game! :D

heresyoftruth
01-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes, I need to game. I actually came here because out group could use one or two more players. I am hoping to find someone interested in our us.

Ellanon
01-23-2008, 06:40 PM
I love Shadowrun, and I have read about, but never played GURPS (the point based system very much appeals to me - I hate classes). What is your group's gaming schedule?

heresyoftruth
01-24-2008, 12:33 AM
We do weekends, usually Saturday, afternoon to evening. It's most weeks, but if tax season knocks out the GM, then there might be a few down weeks. He's done a really good job of keeping the setting the same, even if we are using GURPs now. I actually really like the latest ed if GURPs.

Ellanon
01-25-2008, 01:22 AM
Damn, I work Saturday nights starting at 8pm...