PDA

View Full Version : Roman's Introduction

Roman
01-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Hello, all!

I'm a librarian in DeKalb and gaming vet. of 25+ years, looking for a good group of people to game with in the general Rockford - DeKalb - Aurora / Fox Valley area.

Don't be strangers!

rabkala
01-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Welcome aboard, Roman! We might be strange here, but never strangers. Welcome to the family of gamers, brother. ;) You can now accept candy from us too. :p

Make sure you check out the player registry and the campaign invitations for gamers/games in your area. We would love to hear more about your gaming experiences on the boards! Feel free to join in.

Does your library have a good selection of RPG books?

Mulsiphix
01-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. Please join us in on any of the various topics being discussed in the forums. For best results taking the initiative to contact players in your area should greatly increase your chances of finding others to game with. Many players are in groups that have openings but since they aren't the GM they don't go out of their way to recruit new players for the game. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

Roman
01-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Welcome aboard, Roman! We might be strange here, but never strangers. Welcome to the family of gamers, brother. ;) You can now accept candy from us too. :p

Make sure you check out the player registry and the campaign invitations for gamers/games in your area. We would love to hear more about your gaming experiences on the boards! Feel free to join in.

Does your library have a good selection of RPG books?

CANDY!

Er, um, I mean, thank you!

Sadly, my library doesn't have any selection of RPG books--I don't handle that part of the collection--though I myself own enough for 5 libraries, so I suppose it all balances out.

However, I believe that we do have THE BEST SF / Fantasy / Horror / graphic novels collection for a library our size to be found ANYWHERE, because I *DO* handle those. :D

Roman
01-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. Please join us in on any of the various topics being discussed in the forums. For best results taking the initiative to contact players in your area should greatly increase your chances of finding others to game with. Many players are in groups that have openings but since they aren't the GM they don't go out of their way to recruit new players for the game. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

Thank you very much for those thoughtful words and the useful advice!

I do run an RPG monthly for local teens, and I do have a regular gaming group that, sadly, meets very irregularly, so I'm jonesing for a game *really* bad.

tesral
01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Thank you very much for those thoughtful words and the useful advice!

I do run an RPG monthly for local teens, and I do have a regular gaming group that, sadly, meets very irregularly, so I'm jonesing for a game *really* bad.

<TEASE> We're not that far away. </TEASE>

rabkala
01-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Very cool and noble, bringing up the next generation of gamers. :)

Hopefully you can find a regular game. I play about twice a week now, and I know how bad jonesing for a game can be. Gaming definitely keeps me sane.

Mulsiphix
01-20-2008, 01:19 PM
I do run an RPG monthly for local teens, and I do have a regular gaming group that, sadly, meets very irregularly, so I'm jonesing for a game *really* bad.Any chance you publish this online? I'm a gaming newsletter junkie :D

Roman
01-21-2008, 10:39 AM
<TEASE> We're not that far away. </TEASE>

Dearborn ... Michigan ... 5.5 hours ... too ... far. :( *thud*

Roman
01-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Any chance you publish this online? I'm a gaming newsletter junkie :D

Oops! Miscommunication. I should have said, I run an RPG for teens every month. You're right--I *did* sound like I was writing a newsletter.

Though, now that I think of it ... a one-sheet RPG newsletter for teens really IS a good idea! :eek: :D

tesral
01-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Dearborn ... Michigan ... 5.5 hours ... too ... far. :( *thud*

I had one guy that drove up from Fort Wayne, IN every other week.

Roman
01-22-2008, 08:53 AM
I had one guy that drove up from Fort Wayne, IN every other week.

Wow!

... does this friend happen to own a lot of stock in oil? Jusk checking! :p

Mulsiphix
01-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah seriously that is some dedication. Bi-Monthly isn't so bad but still. I think that says volumes of your capability as a DM tesral :)