PDA

View Full Version : Favorite WOD Products and Why?

Mulsiphix
01-17-2008, 07:23 PM
What are some of your favorite WOD products and why? Not necessarily your all time favorite product, but just the ones that stand out as grade A material.

MortonStromgal
01-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Besides the main books...

VTM
Berlin by Night - Good NPCs a crazy Cain comes back scenario
Storytellers Handbook - Good tips and tricks

VDA
Transylvania - So much awesomeness, good NPCs and what better place to play VDA in?

VTR
Damnation City - Great for how to lay out a fictional city and what to consider its usable for any game IMO modern/ancient anything.
Requiem for Rome - Social Combat rules and I have a thing for historical vampire games
The Blood - What is it like to be a vampire, how does it make you feel
Storyteller Guide - Lots of alternate ways to handle the game if you don't like what they did with it

nWOD (Mortals)
Antagonists - how to build enemies (mostly covers zombies but it gives you an idea of how to create anything)
Armory - Ok you don't really need it but frankly its the best written rpg book I've seen on how weapons work and why they work the way they do. (however the chainmail stats, and possibly others, don't fit their description of how it works)

You'll notice my nWOD lists are longer, thats because for the old stuff there was enough fluff in a handful of books to last a few years the new stuff I feel like I'm playing D&D and have to get book X to do Y.

Mulsiphix
01-18-2008, 01:03 AM
They brought the finished oWOD because everything was too defined, or so I heard. Makes sense they would try to not make the same mistake again, although I disagree that everything had been defined, and I hate to think more books are needed. The quality and amount of information provided in the oWOD is why I love White Wolf. Well their Sword & Sorcery product line is pretty awesome too :p. Then there is growing interest in Exalted and the fact that White Wolf and CCP joined up together. Good stuff :rolleyes: