PDA

View Full Version : A few Items

tesral
01-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Book of Creation: This massive book is three foot wide and four feet high. It is nearly a foot and a half thick. This is an always up to date bestiary. Within can be found an accurate description of every type of beast on the planet natural or created.

Collar of Life Preservation: This collar will preserve the life on any creature it is placed on. You can cut off their heads south of the collar and they remain alive. This is the usual use of the item.

Damage remains damage and will only heal normally. As long as the creature's head is not destroyed the collar will prevent them form dying, or even losing consciousness. Healing spells can be used to cure damage and other spells to restore missing bodies. A bodiless head does not require food. It does not act as a ring of sustenance, but will keep a creature from dying and that includes starvation.

The item is not in and of itself evil. It can be used to good intent to preserve life. It is often used to torment the executed by letting them survive decapitation a little longer. Some variations provide the head with air to speak, or are cursed to prevent healing spells from functioning, leaving the victim as a disembodied and helpless head. One could call such varieties evil and their use an evil act.

Simmering cauldron This black 10 quart cauldron comes to a quick simmer and stays there as long as any degree of heat is applied, a bonfire to a candle. Food within will not burn.

Maelstrom
01-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Simmering cauldron This black 10 quart cauldron comes to a quick simmer and stays there as long as any degree of heat is applied, a bonfire to a candle. Food within will not burn.

Crock pot?

tesral
01-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Crock pot?

Ten quart is a bit bigger than the average crock pot.

The Wandering Bard
01-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Haha well those could be fun items. though I cannot recall what the book sounds like....something from a japanese game....(wow i suddenly realized why i repressed those memories.)

tesral
01-19-2008, 04:29 AM
Haha well those could be fun items. though I cannot recall what the book sounds like....something from a japanese game....(wow i suddenly realized why i repressed those memories.)

How old is the game? The Book of Creation has been in my world for some 20 real time years.

Mulsiphix
01-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Too bad it isn't a real world item. I would love to own such a thing. Even a picture of the monster would suffice :cool:

tesral
01-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Too bad it isn't a real world item. I would love to own such a thing. Even a picture of the monster would suffice :cool:

There are a few items I wouldn't mind getting my hands on. A broom of clean sweeping for example. Not doing housework wouldn't bother me in the least.

Drohem
01-20-2008, 02:53 AM
Just get an Unseen Servant spell cast. ;)

Maelstrom
01-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Just don't chop that broom up or the'll grow into new ones and take over the house...

Mulsiphix
01-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Just don't chop that broom up or the'll grow into new ones and take over the house...*remembers the scene from Fantasia with Mickey Mouse and the brooms*

Malruhn
01-27-2008, 01:46 PM
I haven't 3.5'd them, but here's an item I've used for years.

Seeds of Appearance
Small seeds (size of pumpkin seeds), that, when one is tossed on the ground, will produce a 5'x5'x10' high puff of white smoke that dissipates within seconds.

A person that is in the smoke puff is the only person affected.

This person is hit by several Prestidigitation spells and a Mending spell. The intent is that the person stepping through the smoke seems to "suddenly appear", and has clean skin and clothes; their hair is perfectly arranged; and their clothing/armor is clean, polished and repaired.

This item was created after seeing "Dragonslayer", and I wanted to be able to clean up the mage I was playing at the time - and allow him to make dramatic entrances without soil from the trail impacting the first impression.