PDA

View Full Version : People I have contacted.

tesral
01-15-2008, 08:10 AM
Would there be a way to mark the fourm users I have contacted about a F2F game? I don't want to spam people over and over. It would annoy the Hell out of me, so I don't do it.

Currently I am using the "buddy list" to mark who I have sent either an e-mail or a PM to. That kind of keeps me from using the buddy list for buddies.

A "contact list" like the buddy list, but not the buddy list.

Mulsiphix
01-15-2008, 09:03 AM
I second this. What would be even better is if that list let you know when the last time you contacted the person was. I don't want to spam anybody but after a few months have gone by I think it is alright to ask them again. Much can change in a few months.

GBVenkman
01-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Yeah, good idea. I almost did that the other day. Can't break cyber-etiquette!!

Farcaster
01-18-2008, 02:32 AM
100% with you guys. Its on the list to be added.

Jonathan Kwiat
02-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Would there be a way to mark the fourm users I have contacted about a F2F game? I don't want to spam people over and over. It would annoy the Hell out of me, so I don't do it.

Currently I am using the "buddy list" to mark who I have sent either an e-mail or a PM to. That kind of keeps me from using the buddy list for buddies.

Its funny I am used to manging this by myself maybe that's why I am going so slow with my Arcana Evolved proposal that somebody contacted ME about their game.

Weird feeling.

Anyway, yeah add that feature. I ain't leaving here anytime soon.

TAROT
02-24-2008, 11:43 PM
You could hold on to your sent PMs for three months or so.

More flexible, and usable even with people who have PMs turned off, is to cc yourself with the message. (You might want to put the target's name in the subject line for ease of reference.) Messages from your Inbox can be moved into a custom named folder, such as, "People I Have Contacted."

nijineko
02-29-2008, 12:12 AM
creatable and assignable groups in the buddy list. that way you can have more than one campaign tracked, you could set aside some groups for the games you are a player in, other groups for the stuff you gm, and then you could still have the "buddy" list as a seperate group. =D

Jonathan Kwiat
02-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks, I'll do that.

> Well, I am shopping for a chat bot stand-alone application that is GPL or GNU.

I do not mind paying for a distribution disk, boxes etc...

but I do not want anybody to suddenly make the chat bot closed source and charge me for it.

A Linux Chat Bot would be perfect if I could run it on Mozilla FireFox inside of Windows...

Be Well,

Jonathan S. Kwiat

Farcaster
02-29-2008, 07:02 PM
creatable and assignable groups in the buddy list.

nough said. You emulate that junk and you deal with the consequences.

Not sure what consequences you are referring to, Jonathan. But, we are planning to introduce both public and private groups that you will be able to create very soon. You'll be able to post messages for your group, create photo albums, and more. Stay tuned, because its coming soon.

Jonathan Kwiat
03-01-2008, 12:31 AM
> I was talking about the concerns about Instant messaging in general...

the kind you see on the news all the time.

nijineko
03-01-2008, 01:04 AM
...we are planning to introduce both public and private groups that you will be able to create very soon. You'll be able to post messages for your group, create photo albums, and more. Stay tuned, because its coming soon.

sweet! looking forward to it greatly!

>.>

<.<

don't suppose you'd be interested in modding the flash chat to have a shared whiteboard... or otherwise incorporate one into the site...? if so, i know of a more-or-less absenteed project in java that has potential.

Farcaster
03-01-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm afraid that I neither know Flash or Java, my friend. I'll check and see if the FlashChat folks are planning anything like that though.

Jonathan Kwiat
03-02-2008, 12:23 PM

Tesral, that would a cool feature but can't you just use that buddy list and a text editor to manage this?

I mean you are used to working with Linux, or your Icon says. Can't you just post a Sort List in the Buddy Forum...

sorry I have just been looking at that part of the board today and trying to understand if I want to use it at all.

Hitting somebody with the same email twice, that ain't Spam as long as you set up a system whereby they can opt of of that distribution list you set up. I mean...well...that's just like signing up to get coupons from Macy's and then complaining when they send them to you.

rabkala
03-02-2008, 12:47 PM
It is interesting to put people in little boxes of my design. You can keep tabs on people... watch them. Keep them locked up in code forever on my hard drive...

Cry_Wolf

Jonathan Kwiat
03-03-2008, 09:47 AM
It is interesting to put people in little boxes of my design. You can keep tabs on people... watch them. Keep them locked up in code forever on my hard drive...

Cry_Wolf

Very nicely said.