PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Faharis
01-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi, I'm very new to D&D, only played one session so far. I've liked games like Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate and wanted to know more.

This christmas I got a Player's Handbook, Dungon Master Guide and Monster Manual along with a dice set. It's been fun playing with those but I want to get out there and play some games.

I might be slow to start with but I'm a fast and eager learner, so if you're patient with me I promises that I'll do my very best to keep up the pace.

Thanks,
Faharis :D

rabkala
01-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Welcome aboard! Check out the player registry and campaign invitations for gamers/games in your area. Feel free to jump on the boards and ask any questions you have about playing the game or anything else.

Mulsiphix
01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. I recommend that you use the Player Registry to find people in your area. Take the initiative, rather than waiting for them to come to you, and you should be gaming in no time. If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

Faharis
01-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Thank you both for your welcome :)

Checking the player registry was pretty much the first thing I did. Unfortunetly, since this forum turned out to be majorly populated by Americans, the nearest game turned out to still be about 4000 or so miles away from me (I live in England).

So I'm keeping my eyes open for online play instead but haven't found a game yet.

Skunkape
01-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Thank you both for your welcome :)

Checking the player registry was pretty much the first thing I did. Unfortunetly, since this forum turned out to be majorly populated by Americans, the nearest game turned out to still be about 4000 or so miles away from me (I live in England).

So I'm keeping my eyes open for online play instead but haven't found a game yet.

Welcome to the forums as well. I had a thought about your situation as far as people being close enough to you to play face to face with, just start letting people know in England about the site and soon you'll start seeing people who will be closer!

Mulsiphix
01-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the forums as well. I had a thought about your situation as far as people being close enough to you to play face to face with, just start letting people know in England about the site and soon you'll start seeing people who will be closer!Farcaster you know you've got a good site when your members are pushing it without any incentive.

Farcaster
01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Do you know of any major RPG sites that UK roleplayers visit? Perhaps we could visit a few and get the word out.