PDA

View Full Version : Terrain subforum

ffclubhero
01-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Just wondering if there is any interest for a forum section devoted to terrain and terrain construction? I know people are talking about it here and there, but I think one area for ideas and chatter might be productive. People could post their pics of completed projects.

Skunkape
01-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Quite a few of the forums I visit have similar things and I like seeing what other people are doing. Personally, I usually post all of my pictures on my own website, but will then link to them if I post in a forum.

What I'm trying to say is, I think it could be a good addition to this site.

Digital Arcanist
01-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Not just terrain building but also miniature painting and modding. I'm always searching for good video tutorials for both areas.

ffclubhero
01-19-2008, 10:40 PM
What would make more sense (now that I reflect further on my own question):

A wargame section with terrain as a subforum, or

Two seperate sections, one for mini/wargames and one for terrain?

Terrain could even be split into further subforums like scifi and fantasy.

Mulsiphix
01-20-2008, 01:13 PM
I've been hoping for a fan fiction sub-forum ever since I started visiting this website. Maybe there could be a forum dedicated to terrain, miniatures, fan fiction, and other fan creations. Bundle em all together like the pen and paper genre forums. That is several sub-forums for a single "fan made" forum.

ffclubhero
01-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Sooo, should I pester Farcaster, or does anyone know if he's seen this forum? I don't wanna be too pushy, especially with the recent delicious upgrades he's made for the site.

ffclubhero
01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
And does anyone else have anything that might be good in such a fan/wargame section?

Mulsiphix
01-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Farcaster is a pretty busy guy as far as I know. He has a regular job and is quite passionate about programming widgets to enhance this website. If you'd like to see the addition you could wait for him to respond or drop him a PM. I don't think a PM would be considered pushy at all ;)

ffclubhero
01-22-2008, 11:16 AM
I shot him a PM a few days ago. Figured it might be awhile, he seems busy. I just don't to be overly pest-like, just a wee bit of pest.

Anyone else out there want a more wargamey (sic?) section?

nijineko
01-28-2008, 12:54 PM
i could go for the terrain/mapping and fic/lit sections, myself. =D

Farcaster
01-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Indeed, I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Many times, I read over PMs and emails with the intention of coming back and replying later, and then they may fall off my radar for a time unintentionally. The genre breakdowns in the forums closely match the "preferred genres" list on the profile, so it makes perfect sense to have a Strategic / Miniatures oriented forum. I've added it into the list and I have included a sub forum specifically for terrain building. Let me know if anything needs to be tweaked.

Thanks for your patience!

Mulsiphix
01-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Very much appreciated. Finally BattleTech has a place where it belongs :D. For those who requested the forum, it is your duty to populate it with terrain and miniature painting goodness. :D

nijineko
02-02-2008, 01:03 PM
i have a few files i've gathered over the years. maybe those would help....

Mulsiphix
02-03-2008, 05:47 PM
They most certainly would. Not sure how big they are or how many their are. You could get them to me via E-Mail or if they are too large for E-Mail we could use the free version of Pando (http://pando.com/what).

nijineko
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
i typically use kdx or file transfer via im or something similar. kdx (www.haxial.com/download) useful as i have my own server.

Mulsiphix
02-04-2008, 01:34 PM
PM Sent ;)

ffclubhero
02-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Oh, what was that? I'm busy populating our new forum!! Yeeha! Whew! Back to populatin', bwahahahaa!

Mulsiphix
02-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Much appreciated ffclubhero. I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to show the section the attention I want to. I appreciate the help ;)