PDA

View Full Version : Salutations!

Celephais
01-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Hey, everybody!

Well, after my first semester in a new town, working on a new graduate degree, getting my bearings (all that good stuff), I finally broke down and went online in search of...game.

I've been gaming to one degree or another for about 25 years now, beginning with Dungeons & Dragons, then moving through Tunnels & Trolls, Marvel Super-Heroes, Villains & Vigilantes, DC Heroes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Elfquest, Call of Cthulhu (a masterpiece of a game), Shadowrun, Torg (still one of my favorites), and Earthdawn. For the past 10 years or so, however, I've been primarily a collector, up until last year when I was able to play again in a D&D campaign (and start my own Eberron campaign). Well, needless to say, I've got the bug again.

I'm a doctoral student in Theatre Arts at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio (which leaves me scant spare time), but I'd love to hear from any gamers in the area who'd either be up for a game or just interested in chatting about games.

Cheers!

rabkala
01-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Welcome. Check out the player registry and campaign invitations for nearby gamers/games. Feel free to jump on the boards to talk about whatever games or other stuff you want. Well met!

Mulsiphix
01-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

tesral
01-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Sigh just out of reach. I am in Michigan looking for players. 71 miles is a bit of a drive for a game. Good luck in your search. College towns are generally rich hunting grounds.

Mulsiphix
01-11-2008, 12:08 AM
I live pretty close to Texas A&M. Maybe I should go around to dorms and put up some fliers...

Celephais
01-11-2008, 07:09 PM
71 miles isn't necessarily out of the question, tesral, depending on frequency and that sort of thing. I kind of like driving, actually.

Mulsiphix
01-11-2008, 08:21 PM
As do I as long as it isn't errands. Long distances are great if I don't have to stop constantly (as with errands).

tesral
01-13-2008, 12:08 PM
71 miles isn't necessarily out of the question, tesral, depending on frequency and that sort of thing. I kind of like driving, actually.

Every other week. Thindacarulle game. (In Campaign invitations). I'll send you an invite.