PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!

MysticalForest
01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Hello!

I'm a DM in Renton, WA (near Seattle) who's looking to start a 4th Edition D&D campaign when the rules are out.

I'm running a game now on Monday nights (D&D 3E), playing in one on Friday nights (modified D&D 3E), and playing in another on alternate Saturdays (D&D 3E), and play in a monthly Call of Cthulhu campaign as well. I've DMed and played pretty much equally for many years.

Details about the 4th Edition D&D campaign can be found on the campaign website, whose URL is in my signature.

rabkala
01-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi and welcome aboard. Make sure to check out the player registry and campaign threads. We have several WA gamers here, a couple just recently.

So, are you a big Paizo fan? It does look good.

Mulsiphix
01-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

I wonder how many people will automatically update their current 3.5 games to 4E when the rules are released. I find it hard to believe there aren't a lot of fanboys out there that need 4E like water in the desert but are too in love with their current campaign to start a new one :p

Farcaster
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Welcome to the Forums, MysticalForest! I'm just a bit north of you in South Bellevue. I'm not currently looking to join a game, but it is good to see more folks in the Seattle area. :) And, holy hell man, it sounds like you have some serious gaming fortitude. That's a lot of games.

MysticalForest
01-07-2008, 11:45 PM
it sounds like you have some serious gaming fortitude. That's a lot of games.It's true! Games = my hobby and my life, pretty much. Same for my wife. :)

Mulsiphix
01-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Just curious, as I don't meet many that are, was your wife a gamer before you met her? Mine wasn't but is a gaming addict now.

MysticalForest
01-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Before, during, and after! :)

tesral
01-09-2008, 02:32 AM
It's true! Games = my hobby and my life, pretty much. Same for my wife. :)

The wife and I have more hobbies than just gaming but yes we share interests. I couldn't stand being with someone who's only aim was to change my ways.

Mulsiphix
01-10-2008, 04:02 AM
Nice to hear your wife was a gamer before. Just don't see a lot of that, even in today's girl friendly gaming world. How about your wife tesral, did you convert her or was she gaming before you guys met?

tesral
01-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Nice to hear your wife was a gamer before. Just don't see a lot of that, even in today's girl friendly gaming world. How about your wife tesral, did you convert her or was she gaming before you guys met?

Long story short she was looking for a D&D group and a mutual friend introduced her to my Late Wife and I. We became good friends over the years and when Sue's Dad grew up and left home (A tale in and of itself) She invited Denise and I to share the house. When Denise died two years later Sue pretty much picked me up and kept me going. How could I not marry the Woman?

Mulsiphix
01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
:( sad and romantic. If I may ask, how long were you and Denise married?

tesral
01-13-2008, 10:59 AM
:( sad and romantic. If I may ask, how long were you and Denise married?

13 years.