PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Newb (to the site)

Amatheon
01-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi everybody. So this is me, making an introduction message. I think it's going well so far. <for some reason that sounded funny in my head>

I'm a player, Looking for a Group. I've been out of the gaming circuit for over a year now and am really jonseing for a good game. How the heck to you spell that anyway? Jonzing? Jonsing? Jones-ing? ... anyway I miss gaming.

I like good mysteries, a world with a sense of history or theme, well thought out plots and strolls along the beach. My favorite drinks are Dwarven Stoud and Alderaanian Red. <I may have made that last one up, won't claim credit though>

I'm sociable, think I'm funny and own most of my own books.

I enjoy discussing the mechanics of gaming though I like them to not get in the way of a good game or piece of hi cinema. I like a group that can at least stay a little focused and one that plans on actually doing a chronicle not just a bunch of one shots.

So thats about as much as I'm going to share with complete strangers. Or are we all brothers and sisters? No that sounds too cultish. You're strangers. :)

My thanks to whoever admins this site, it's existence is pretty cool.

rabkala
01-06-2008, 10:05 PM
What's so bad about cults? I would like to start a cult. You know, everyone gives me their money and hot women because I am the savior. Sounds like a good gig, No? The Holy order of Rab-Ka-La...

I know we have a bunch of guys from Washington, make sure you check out the player registry!

Welcome aboard brother ;):D

Digital Arcanist
01-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to jump right in and make some posts.

tesral
01-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Hey there hey there! I have a group, the the commute would be a killer.

Welcome to the madhouse.

Mulsiphix
01-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool for finding local gamers that might be part of a group that has an opening or other gamers in general. Many DM's use the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum to recruit for their games so I would be sure to check that section out as well. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

Farcaster
01-07-2008, 12:18 PM
My thanks to whoever admins this site, it's existence is pretty cool.

You are quite welcome. :D