PDA

View Full Version : Norman / OU / Moore area tabletop gaming

magic-rhyme
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
My group is looking for possible new players for our gaming group.

We enjoy characterization and roleplay in our RPGs. We're not much into high-strategy gaming nor hack-n-slash. Popular genres with us include various types of superhero, high fantasy, low fantasy, space opera, cyberpunk, classical horror, and those genres inspired by/influenced by anime' and pulp, such as mecha/kaiju or urban gothic. We've even played Wild West.

We include artists, writers, musicians, students, teachers, etc. We're always open to making new friends.

Mulsiphix
01-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17) forum is perfect. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

nijineko
01-05-2008, 11:23 PM
is that face-to-face only, or are you also set up for online players?

rabkala
01-06-2008, 01:03 AM
We would love to hear more about your games!

Welcome to the boards.

magic-rhyme
03-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Still open to new players!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
03-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Hello and welcome. Tell us more abour your games.

kirksmithicus
03-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Welcome, to bad we all weren't on this site for the four years I lived in almost Normal Ok. I still get down that way sometimes and my wife wants to move back to Norman. One of my friends still live there, and he is 40K fanatic, armies out the wazoo.

cplmac
03-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Hello. Best thing that I can tell you is to keep watching the new joins to the site. It may take a while, but eventually you should find some bodies.

magic-rhyme
03-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Hello and welcome. Tell us more abour your games.

As the saying goes, we emphasize roleplaying over rules-playing or rolls-playing. What that means in real life gaming is threefold: first, that we focus on character-driven tales over plot-driven tales; second, that dialogue often works better than combat; and third, that the rules of drama and cool matter more to us than do exploiting loopholes in rules minutiae and slavish obedience to the dice.

We still have action and adventure, but action/adventure is the realm within which characterization takes place -- as opposed to the usual convention that a PC is nothing but a shallow avatar for playing the game.

We still have rules and use dice, because the Rule of Cool and the Rule of Drama may take precedence, but coolness and drama don't just pop up on command 24/7, and rule systems and dice rolls work well for the interim between the cool and/or dramatic moments.

We would love to hear more about your games!

Currently, we have four ongoing campaigns:

*) a teen superheroes campaign taking place in a planetary romance/space opera sort of interplanetary federation

*) a sentai campaign in the same universe, with war-weary adults instead of "teenagers-with-attitude" as the sentai team

*) an urban fantasy/future-punk hybrid, with a fascistic and self-righteously paranoid government trying to eradicate all unauthorized creativity, unauthorized hope, and all magic in the name of national security and religious totalitarianism -- the PCs are all half-fae humans trying to rise above the terrified, gullible crowd to reclaim their own powers of magic, hope, and creativity

*) a sword 'n' sorcery campaign set on a flat world only just recovering from both a devastating Ice Age and a war of the gods ending in the death of the god of fate, leaving humanity generally on its own without even the promise of destiny to give them hope

magic-rhyme
03-30-2009, 08:48 PM
We remain open to new players!

magic-rhyme
04-04-2009, 11:28 PM
We continue to seek new players. We have six right now, but one or two more would be nice. :)

magic-rhyme
06-30-2012, 10:27 PM
My group is looking for possible new players for our gaming group.

We enjoy characterization and roleplay in our RPGs. We're not much into high-strategy gaming nor hack-n-slash. Popular genres with us include various types of superhero, high fantasy, low fantasy, space opera, cyberpunk, classical horror, and those genres inspired by/influenced by anime' and pulp, such as mecha/kaiju or urban gothic. We've even played Wild West.

We include artists, writers, musicians, students, teachers, etc. We're always open to making new friends.

Seems best to keep this post active in case new players appear in Norman, Oklahoma.