PDA

View Full Version : Customizing "New Posts"

boulet
01-05-2008, 02:12 PM
I would it find useful if one way or another there was a possibility to customize the "New Posts" feature.

For instance I'm not interested in the D&D threads, I wish I could set an option to hinder display of new posts from this sub-forum.

Farcaster
01-05-2008, 03:28 PM
There isn't currently a way to do that, but before you do a New Post search, you can go into that forum and "Mark This Forum Read." It may be a bit of a hassle, but it would at least eliminate those posts from being displayed.

Mulsiphix
01-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I would like to a way to ignore certain threads completely. When I check for new posts the PBP games always come up but they are never relevant to me. However, I figured this was more of a VBulletin feature missing than something you could add yourself. I mean I'm sure you could but the time would be better spent doing something else, not to mention a feature like this could create bugs with other features.

boulet
01-05-2008, 04:22 PM
There isn't currently a way to do that, but before you do a New Post search, you can go into that forum and "Mark This Forum Read." It may be a bit of a hassle, but it would at least eliminate those posts from being displayed.

I might have more than one forum in mind :) I just try not to antagonize everybody on PnP lol

oh well, I'll do without it