PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Temple of gaming in RI

Xionicist
01-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been role-playing since the mid-80s, in a variety of systems - D&D, Palladium, Rifts, Villains and Vigilantes, Shadowrun, Harnmaster, Vampire: the Masquerade, Werewolf: the Apocalypse, and homespun stuff as well, plus LARPing. Over the past few years, I've limited my role-playing to monthly forays up to Maine to LARP, and the occasional, short-run table-top game, primarily due to much of my time being devoted to organizing and running the TempleCon gaming convention, for which I am the creative director: http://www.templecon.org/ Yes, it's an ironic price to pay to create an amazing event for fellow gamers - I game less to help others game more! :rolleyes: But it's a labor of love, and in the process I get to meet a lot of cool gamers. We are continually looking for game-masters and gamers to bring together at TempleCon, to create amazing gaming experiences, and I hope that some of the gamers here will join us. :)

- Ximon Dunedain
TempleCon Creative Director

rabkala
01-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Looks, great. Never been to RI, but I should be going to Maine this spring for a visit with my wife's family. Please, keep us informed about the con.

Welcome to the boards.

Digital Arcanist
01-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Welcome to the forums!!

Good luck in finding players!

Mulsiphix
01-03-2008, 04:00 AM
Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players. I wish you the best of luck in finding new people to help support the convention and more importantly to keep pen and paper gaming alive and kicking :D

rabkala
01-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Xionicist, maybe you could put up a sign or banner for PNP at the con? It would be a great way to help get the word out and help you connect with many more players in your area. It could definitely help your con in the future.

:)

Mulsiphix
01-03-2008, 12:24 PM
I can't wait until my children are older and I can travel to such events. These days I'm lucky to see a movie without having to leave due to the insane racket they are making. I think the December newsletter mentioned something about flyers for such an occasion. Maybe you and Farcaster could work something out for getting the word out about PnPG.

nijineko
01-05-2008, 11:48 PM
welcome to the community! please do post something here about the con. =D

Xionicist
01-07-2008, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! As you might have guessed, I've been insanely busy working on the con, so I haven't had a lot of time for forum posting, but I'm glad to meet you all! Regarding promoting TempleCon here, Farcaster has already contacted me about that, and we will be doing our best to promote Pen and Paper at the con as well. I am definitely favorably impressed with this site, and happy to let other gamers know about it!

We've been hard at work putting together a great selection of RPGs for this year's TempleCon, and I'm hoping to continue that momentum next year, to make TempleCon a really amazing place for RPG gamers. RPGs were the first games to make me really identify myself as a gamer, and I figure that now it's time to give something back to the games I love, and help build up the community. In that sense, I think that Pen and Paper is right on the same wavelength, so I hope that we can work together over time to strengthen the role-playing community as a whole.

Anyway, it's back to work for me for now. I'll keep you guys posted on TempleCon developments, and look forward to meeting some Pen and Paper members in person at the con!

- Xi

Mulsiphix
01-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Outstanding. I wish you the best of luck making this years TempleCon a successful one. Once it has come and gone this year be sure to post the highlights, or better yet photos, of the event :p

Xionicist
01-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the good wishes! I will gladly post pictures and such after the convention is over, but I'll warn you that it might take a week or two afterward for me to get something up here - the core staff tends to sleep for about a week after the con to make up for all of the sleep deprivation leading up to and during the big weekend!

This year we have brought together a selection of RPGs that I am especially proud of - multiple sessions of D&D by several talented DMs, as well as multiple sessions of Toon, Call of Cthulhu, Shadowrun, Dark Ages Werewolf, and Scion, plus the customary Vampire LARP. In fact, we are getting to the point of running out of room for the RPGs that keep coming in, and having some of them spill over into other areas of the con! Since RPGs were my first gaming love, I am really thrilled about this, and hope to get a great turnout of players to encourage the DMs to continue to come back and come up with even more and better campaigns in years to come! Since TempleCon now has a steampunk theme, I am especially hoping to bring in more steampunk-oriented RPGs (Unhallowed Metropolis looks particularly tempting!), but in the end, it's really a matter of what the players want and the DMs want to run, so between now and the first weekend in February, I'll be spending the majority of my time seeing to all of the little details that make things run smoothly and help the players have the best possible time. :)

Mulsiphix
01-10-2008, 05:18 AM
plus the customary Vampire LARP:eek: I hope somebody catches this on a video camera. I've always wanted to see one of these! Damn my kids and their need for feeding, observation, diaper changing, and thirst quenching! Maybe they'll have this in a few years when I can actually bring them along and they'll enjoy it to some extent.