PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item For D&D 3.5

Bloodwyrm
01-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Ok Well I Have An Idea For A Magic Item I Tested In My Home Group Works Well Well Here It Is.

Artifact Of Souls- Roll 1d4 every 30 turns
1= Loss of half hp on character
2= Loss of 1/4 hp on character +1 Int +2 Wis for 5 turns
3= No Hp Loss +4 int +4 Wis for 10 turns
4= No Hp Loss +6 Int +4 Wis and Lvl 10 Skeleton Summoned hp 24/24 attack 2d8 Ac 14 (This effect lasts 15 turns or until skele dies)

Cost: If Sold Character Gets 4500g at the cost of 15000 exp

Digital Arcanist
01-03-2008, 01:35 AM
You count 30 turns?

Malruhn
01-03-2008, 11:55 PM
What is the purpose of this - other than to tick off players? This is worse than the Deck of Many Idiots - as only permanent bad things happen (-50% Hp... 30 rounds later, -50% Hp.... 30 rounds later, -50% Hp....) Poof, you have a 20th level fighter with about 20 hit points max - or a party with no healing left to face the BBEG.

No thanks!!

Bloodwyrm
01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
it wasent turns it was minutes im sorry its every 30 mins you have to use it and also all the turns are minutes in real time. srry for the mistype. ( I Tested in turns first but didnt work out right) Also This Item is Cursed that is why its bad.(for those characters you want to see mad LOL) (we all may have 1 person we are cynical to)

tesral
01-05-2008, 06:21 PM
it wasent turns it was minutes im sorry its every 30 mins you have to use it and also all the turns are minutes in real time. srry for the mistype. ( I Tested in turns first but didnt work out right) Also This Item is Cursed that is why its bad.(for those characters you want to see mad LOL) (we all may have 1 person we are cynical to)

Cursed why? Why does thing thing exist? Ask the five questions. Who made it? Why did they make it, What was it intended to do? Where was it intended to do this. How was it suppose to do it?

Right now you simply have a device to piss off the players. "I leave it in the dirt." End of question. Keep in mind that no one makes an "evil artifact" without a good reason. No one really makes anything without a good reason. The kind of effort required to build such a thing means that someone wanted it badly and was willing to pay or to put forth the effort to make it. Get a back story. Decide what the item was meant to do.

Is it a failed item, something meant to do something else? Magical hazardous waste.

Was it meant to do exactly what it does? How pissed was whom at them ever? Why does it still exist? Was the plot foiled, worked too well?

Was it an item corrupted. Again what is the intended purposes, why and who corrupted it to the present form?

Such things do not form in a limbo.

rabkala
01-05-2008, 07:00 PM
You don't even tell us what the item is.

How could a character even make it through one night?

So, if the character sells it, he loses exp? What kind of rules books do you use?

LMAO
Is this a joke, maybe a hidden camera show.

rabkala
01-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Sorry, Bloodwrym, I did find it somewhat funny. I shouldn't tease. I have no knowledge of your experience, age, education, or anything else. I didn't intend to be mean.

Would you like some help creating an item? I don't think your artifact is a big hit, but I'm sure the community is there for you.

Bloodwyrm
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
This Item Popped into my head i guess i should have been more clear on its purpose. it is in fact a poorly crafted ammy and its a bad craft from an Artifact of heavenly Light That I Also Created once i find all my notes on it ill post right now most of my notes are in a storage unit. ill keep yall posted.

Malruhn
01-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm trying to understand your lingo here... this is an amulet that was made poorly by an artifact that is allegedly good (Heavenly Light?!?!), right? What really confuses me is WHY it was made and what purpose it fills in the multiverse - other than to torture somebody.

I'm going to have to agree with Rabkala - WTF?!?!

Looking at the first table, 50% of the results have me losing HP at a phenomenal rate. The other 50% either make me smarter or make me smarter AND get me attacked by something called a Level 10 Skeleton that looks like is easy to hit and kill - BUT...

If I get this item at 6:00 p.m., between now and noon tomorrow, I will lose hit points at 18 times, and have a skeleton attack me 9 times.

Playing the odds as presented, I will lose 675% of my hit points, so my 50 HP PC will be at -275 HP at noon, AND be attacked 9 times, so I will lose any sleep benefit I may have gotten for sleep.

You might as well stick to handing out wandering damage for no good reason. People will understand better.

rabkala
01-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Wandering damage...:D:):p Thanks for the laugh, Malruhn. I must admit, this thread has been a riot.

Bloodwyrm
01-06-2008, 05:43 PM
OK Basically the skeleton is not against you but on your side like a summon undead kinda thing and the amulet is for a quest i was making but never got around to finishing yet. wandering damage hmm maybe...

tesral
01-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Wandering damage is a great time saver. No messy combats to run, no rolls to make, just hand out damage.

Bloodwyrm
01-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Ok so I tested the wandering damgage theory. and it went over very well. less people were mad and i got to take a break from rolling yet another die.

Riftwalker
01-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Is anyone else's troll alarm is going off?

Bloodwyrm
01-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Lol Well this has been a great thread some funny shit here lol