PDA

View Full Version : Pen & Paper Games - Newsletter - Jan 2008

Farcaster
12-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Greetings and Happy New Year, My Fellow PnPG’rs!

There has been a lot going on at Pen & Paper Games in the last month, I’m happy to say. Let’s see what we’ve got...

Player Registry / Campaign Enhancements
* The Campaign Invitations area has had a couple hefty enhancements this month that we hope will be a big help to GMs looking for players. For one, if your campaign posting is currently marked as "Looking for Players," it will now show up on the main Player Registry. You'll also notice that player markers on the Google Map are now color coded to help you quickly see: who's looking for a group, looking for players, or has recently joined. You can read more about both of these changes here:http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4698

* And, we've got a cool new player matching tool that has been added to the Campaign Invitations section for GMs. The tool will help GMs quickly identify potential players for their local or online games. For more information, see this announcement: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4750

Note: Player matching is based on common elements between the campaign and player profiles, so you may want to check your profile if you haven't in a while and make sure it is up to date. The most important fields to make sure are filled in and up to date are: availability, address information, your LFG status, the distance you are willing to travel, your preferred genres, your preferred RP style, how often you like to game, and how large or small of a group you are most comfortable with.

Pen & Paper Game's First Sponsorship
I'm also pleased to announce that Pen & Paper Games is sponsoring the first annual NOLAcon 2008 event in New Orleans. The convention will take place between February 22nd and the 24th, so now is an excellent time to start thinking about attending the first annual event. You can read more about the convention here: http://www.nolacon.com/about.htm

Oh! By the way, if you attend, I highly recommend a visit to Cafe Du Monde. Their beignets could only be classified as pure sin coated with powdered sugar!

Forum Moderator Opening
We now have an open moderator position for the Horror / Dark Future section. If you are interested in this position, please send me a PM on the forums or you may also email gm@penandpapergames.com. The ideal candidate should have excellent written communication skills, a flare for diplomacy, and a proven trackrecord on the forums. That isn't to say that we won't consider someone who joined recently, but preference will go to members who have shown an avid interest in the forums and a commitment to its growth. Indepth knowledge of the World of Darkness suite of RPGs would also be a big plus.

Wow, that almost sounds like a formal job description. Its not really that tough a job. We're basically just looking for someone who can help keep the community up to date with the latest Horror/Dark Future RPG news, and someone who can help keep the section active and vital. If you're up to donating a little of your time each day and this sounds like something that would be a good fit for you, we'd really appreciate it.

Advertisement / Link Exchanges
Would you like to see your site or product's banner at the top of the Pen & Paper Games website? If you're interested, contact gm@penandpapergames.com about opportunities for link exchanges or for purchasing impressions / ad time.

Holiday Premium Account Giveaways
I'd also like to congratulate and thank the members who were awarded Community Supporter accounts during our twelve day holiday giveaway. Congratulations to:

InfoStorm, Rabkala, The Wandering Bard, Anaesthesia, Dimthar, Skunkape, RealmsDM, Xaels Greyshadow, Mulsiphix, Grimwell, Riftwalker, and DrAwkward.

You too can help support the Pen & Paper Games community with a modest donation of $12/year. This comes out to a meager $1/month. In recogntion of your donation, you'll not only have our gratitude for helping keep this site going, but you will also be able to:

Upload your own Custom Avatars of up to 120x120 pixels. (PG-13 only, please)
Upload a personal signature image of up to 500x100 pixels. (PG-13 only, please)
10MB of attachment space on the Forums.
25MB of attachment space for blogs and articles.
Space to store up to 1,000 PMs.
And a Community Supporter logo to show off on your posts and profile.
And seriously, our sincere gratitude for helping keep the site running.
Thanks, all, for another great year at Pen & Paper Games! I'll see you on the other side ;)

Robert A. Howard (Farcaster)
Pen & Paper Games
http://www.penandpapergames.com