PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a Dm and 2-3 players for Star Wars Saga edition.

seven_hearts
12-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Like the title said, I am Looking For a Dm and 2-3 players for a !Lvl One! Star Wars Saga Edition Game. The Rules are totally up to the GM, but I would like for all the core races and classes to be available so I can start making my character right away.
Thanks

rabkala
12-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm with 7. I would like to try a saga PBP if we could find an interested DM.

:D

seven_hearts
12-30-2007, 09:10 AM
I just finished my Character sheet. Here are the stats:
Tusserk Kassek, Male Trandoshan Jedi
Str:15 (+2) Hit Points:31
Dex: 11 (+0) Damage Threshold:13
Con: 13 (+1) Speed: 6
Int: 8 (-1) Base Attack: +1
Wis: 12 (+1) Force Points: 5
Cha: 16 (+3)

Saves
Fort:13
Ref:13
Will:13

Weapon
Lightsaber, silver.
Melee attack bonus +3.
Damage 2d8.
Energy and slashing.

Equipment
Lightsaber 1kg
Food, Common (5x) 5kg
All temp. Cloak 1.5 kg
590 Credits

Skills:
Use The Force:
Skill bonus +6
Trained

Languages
Basic
Dosh

Talents
Dark Side Scourge

Feats
Weapon Prof. (Lightsaber)
Weapon Prof. (Simple Weapons)
Force sensitivity
Force Training

Force Powers:
Negate Energy
Mind Trick

GBVenkman
01-01-2008, 01:38 AM
I'd be into playing also. I DM two games in person of it, so I'd like to be a player.

How would we play online? I've never played online pnp.

Citadel
01-07-2008, 02:04 PM
What is a play by post? Since it's hard to find saga players here I wouldn't mind giving this a try.

rabkala
01-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Play by Post uses the message boards for playing the game. The Dm writes a little section of the story and then the players respond by writing what their characters do. That goes back and forth depending on how active the posters are.

It is a slower medium than many, but faster than PBM (play by mail) or PBEM (play by e mail) games. It can be quite fun especially if you enjoy role play, writing, or just keeping something going to stay fresh.

GBVenkman
01-07-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm dming a couple of games of it now, but I'm letting somebody take over the Dawnofd one.

I've never run a PBP game, and am not very experienced playing anyhow, but how often could everybody post? Maybe I can run a short session over the next month.

I've been writing for my main Campaign, but we're all on vacation for the next month. I can run something from that. It would be combat heavy though, but it'll help me on improving my Noob RP skills.

Setting is a few years after order 66. All classes and races open. Dark side okay, but you'll probably die if you try to join the Empire.

Darth Vader is openly recruiting and testing dark jedi that he imploys in the hunting down of every last jedi.

The jedi in hiding are all debating whether staying in hiding is such a great idea, or if they should be trying to facillitate a Rebellion in the face of the great injustices of the Empire...

rabkala
01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
In the successful PBP games I was involved in, everyone got together and agreed how often to post. i.e. once a day, 5 times a week, etc. I have been in a couple where the GM demand like 10 posts per business week or some such nonsense, but were usually the first to be a let down.

I could post at least once a day.

Generally things like combat which slows the story down, requires people to post several rounds at once.

GBVenkman
01-07-2008, 10:31 PM
In the successful PBP games I was involved in, everyone got together and agreed how often to post. i.e. once a day, 5 times a week, etc. I have been in a couple where the GM demand like 10 posts per business week or some such nonsense, but were usually the first to be a let down.

I could post at least once a day.

Generally things like combat which slows the story down, requires people to post several rounds at once.

I see. Might be best to have somebody savvy to this run it then.

It'd be a lot easier I guess to run combat on a chat/rp program.

seven_hearts
01-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Sorry I've been gone. I could probably post around 4-5 times a week, maybe more. And the only thing wrong with a chat game is that it's harder to get everyone online at the same time.

progbass
01-20-2008, 10:34 PM
hey guys, Im an experienced GM for d20 modern, and I have also picked up Star Wars Saga, and plan to assimilate d20 rule sets to stream line the system that is the future of d20 rp.

If possible I would like to GM a campaign for you guys, set in the Dawn of Defiance era of Star Wars. Order 66 has been initiated, and the birth of the rebel forces are brewing in the underworlds of the star systems as dissidents of the Galactic Empire band together. The heros are expected to NOT know each other previously, and you guys start out on a star station.

As a GM, I allow 32 point buy level 1 characters. I am familiar with pbp as both a player and GM, so let me show you an active game I am gm'ing on Wizard's boards...

My D20 game (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=975032)

BlaqueSaber
02-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi

I'm new here but I'm only in one PBP game right now and I'm looking for a SCIFI (which could be this one) and a SUPERHERO to play. I love StarWars and am an experienced pbp player.

Inquisitor Tremayne
04-18-2008, 04:01 PM
What is the status of this game?

GBVenkman
04-19-2008, 12:28 AM
deleted message. Wrong thread, oops!

might as well add to this thread though.

I'm for Saga edition only really. I've just learned the game in and out and don't have the attention span, time, or money to learn a new system of books.

I can post almost nightly.

Damon Baird
11-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I'll play, I have to rule book, but none of my friends want to play, so it should be interesting, what's the requirements? :pray:

endymion
01-09-2009, 05:11 PM
If anyone's still reading this thread and is interested in setting up a pbp Star Wars Saga campaign, let me know. I am an experienced message board gamer/GM and I'm willing to run the game. I'm flexible as to era of play, but I've got a couple of ideas for a KOTOR game - something set during the Mandalorian Wars or the Jedi Civil War sounds like fun.

Etarnon
01-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I've run this before via openRPG. Works pretty well, if people just schedule it as a regular gaming session like thu nights, or friday or whatever. Instead of showing up at the GM's home, you log on from your home.

Play by post with a lot of combat tends to be dog slow, unless everyone is strictly religious about posting, and / or the DM narrates it through with input on critical turns.

Good luck with this game.

hirschigrad06
03-28-2009, 02:50 PM
I haven't played with anyone before but I would like to have a test run with people.

Etarnon
03-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Hey, well met, I used to live in Beavercreek.

I'll be running an RCR game this summer, online.

Still setting it up.

Citadel
03-29-2009, 02:01 PM
I don't know why but it's hard to find others in my town to play Saga. If this was a gathering I would also have all the mini's you'll need...lol. I'm up for a pbp game even though I've never done it. Let me know what you want and I'll cook something up. KOTOR sounds good, but I don't know much about the era which is a plus.

russdm
04-01-2009, 09:57 PM
If there is still space in this, I would be interested in joining up as a player.

wandos1
04-09-2009, 05:31 PM
do you guys still need players i will join i dont have any friends who are interested in pnp rpgs.

Anodyzed
04-12-2009, 12:58 PM
The game that the original post asked for has started, with GM and setting published.

Please take a loot at "Struggle against the Empire" and see if its what you want.

Saga, Level 1, starts MONDAY, APR 13, so its time to contact the GM for entry and get a character ready!

russdm
09-19-2009, 09:02 PM
So are you still doing something, GVenkman?