PDA

View Full Version : New in town

Drax Nves
12-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Yo-

I recently joined the site because my friend told me its where alot of people with interests similar to my own comglomerate. Upon arrival, i noticed that this site is a little over my head, but i see possabilities. I'm only use to playing D&D v.3.5. But im a very adapt role player.

I've been role playing to nearly 8 years, and can easily adjust into most enviorments, which makes it easy to learn games and makes myself easy to get along with.

So yeah, im kinda a noob, but i love to play, so i ask that any one that plays with me might have to be a bit patient if its a game iv never played before. I swear i learn fast tho. XP.

Farcaster
12-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Welcome to Pen & Paper Games, Drax. We're basically just a social-network for table-top gamers. Apart from the discussion forums, our main focus is helping gamers connect and find other gamers in their area. And, on that front, you're in luck because there are a lot of players and GMs near you that have registered here.

The first thing you will want to do is take a look at the Player Registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php). Since you have already created a profile, you can use the compatible player search option at the top of the form. Just put in the maximum miles to search and click the search button and you'll be off. One note on that though, I noticed you are a D&D player, but you didn't include Fantasy in your list of preferred genres. You'll probably want to edit your profile (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile) and include the "Fantasy" category, so that you can get a more accurate list of players and other D&D players can more easily find you.

As I advise everyone, the best way to find a group is to take the initiative. Browse through player profiles in your area, and when you find some other players that seem like their gaming styles are compatible, shoot them a PM or email.

If you get lost, just speak up and let us know. We'll be glad to help.

Drax Nves
12-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the advice. Iv been browsing through the players and forums in general. It looks like it wont be too hard to find a group to game with.

Iv noticed there are alot of people in my area, which makes it even easier.

Now all i need to do is get my stuff together and see if i can get my DM to run a campaing for me, then i can invite some people from around the site. The hardest part is finding a location, but i dont think Mike at Empire Games would mind much. He's let us set up a campaign there before.

He's moving shops any way, a little farther up foster. He'll have a seperate playing area for MAgic people and D&D players so as we can have it quiet and private.

But yeah! im looking forward to getting out there and meeting people in the area for some games.

Mulsiphix
12-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the community. I hope your able to find a game to your liking in the very near future. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask :D