PDA

View Full Version : Hi

tejas_girl
12-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Hi all,

I'm trying to get back into rpgs again. Been playing Guildwars for 3 years now and while its fun, I miss real people and inside jokes you only get in real life.

Just some quick background. Got my first DnD box set in middle school when the dice included were the ugly yellow soft plastic ones. Didnt get into real gaming until I could find enough serious players in college. Played reguarly for years, but let the guys be the serious rule mongers. RPGs are suppose to be fun. (You worry so much about rules and dice roles whats the point of playing)

Its been about 6 years since ive been in an active group and miss it alot. But its hard to walk up to a group you dont know and ask to play.

Farcaster
12-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Welcome aboard, Tejas Girl. You're definitely in luck, because there are over a hundred players in Dallas and the surrounding areas registered here. If you haven't already, hit the registry (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php) and take a look.

Mulsiphix
12-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the community. This is definitely the place to be if your trying to find a local group. Just figure out what exactly your interested in playing, what kind of atmosphere or situation you'd prefer to be in, and start e-mailing the people in your area with that info. The first day I joined up I was invited into two different games. I wasn't ready but I was overjoyed the possibility was there. Take the initiative and it shouldn't be long before your gaming again among real people.