PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

Marc
12-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Hi. I'm introducing myself. I'm just looking for a D&D game, perferably online, since its easier for me.

rabkala
12-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi Marc. What's up with those Bears, ruining everything for the Packers. Oh well, no ill will here.
I am up in WI, but I have a friend down in Barrington Heights who was looking for a game. I think that might be relatively close to you.
There are always the PBP games here at this site. There are a lot of good guys playing. Check out some of their games!

Marc
12-25-2007, 12:15 AM
I know i probably know what pbp means but indulge my curiosity and inability to remember

Digital Arcanist
12-25-2007, 01:29 AM
Peanut Butter Pie

Mulsiphix
12-25-2007, 01:33 AM
Play By Post (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43). Welcome to the community!

rabkala
12-25-2007, 12:59 PM
MMMMM... Peanut butter pie! Oh yes, sorry about that, Play By Post. If not a table top game (which is commonly referred to as Face To Face) there are also Play By E-Mail, Play By Chat, and Virtual table top games. I have played several PBP, PBEM, and of course face to face games. Play by chat games are hosted in a chat room where everyone types like the wind. Virtual games use programs like Klooge to simulate the table top experience more closely. Soon, WOTC will have its own virtual gaming environment up and running for 4e.

Take a look around the boards. There are a lot of friendly people here who can answer any questions you might have.

Mulsiphix
12-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Soon, WOTC will have its own virtual gaming environment up and running for 4e.Has this been confirmed? I thought gleemax was the pinnacle of bringing D&D gamers together. Are they making a program like Magic Online for D&D?

rabkala
12-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Yes, the whole Gleemax online table deal that they talked about in the 4e promos. While it may not be ready imediately, it is a definite. We have a thread about it.
http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4497

Mulsiphix
12-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Interesting. I hope it is as successful as MTGO but put together much better. MTGO is just wrong on so many levels and the v3 software has only recently started to be available to public eyes. It should really help out a lot of people though. Definitely will help popularize the game more. Right now any attention to pen and paper gaming is good attention in my opinion.

rabkala
12-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Yes, any PNP press is good for the community. I heard that MTGO was one of the reasons they decided to try their hand at the online gaming table. The trend toward computer gaming definitely holds a great potential for profit.

Mulsiphix
12-25-2007, 06:26 PM
MTGO has been profitable indeed for WOTC. They're promoting it more than ever with online only expansions and rare card releases. Once they release v3 of their MTGO software there should be even less reason for people to hold off switching to playing online versus in real life. Online is cheaper, easier to collect, and you can play any time of day. The real problem for online games though is you have no idea who your playing with. You get a lot of people who are extremely rude, defiant, and interested more in "expressing themselves" than enjoying a quality gaming experience with others. Video games may be on the rise right now but the current trend for all the major console manufacturers right now seems to be social gaming. No matter what, much like all great things, the real games will always take place among those who enjoy true RP and being among real life friends.

Marc
12-25-2007, 11:54 PM
a d and d online will propbably come out soon after 4.0 seeing as a part of 4.0 is supposedly sposed to be addressing online playing. at least that was what they were saying at gencon indy. i cant wait for a d&d online though, i almost never get to play, aside at the yearly convention, so an online gaming experience would be great.

Mulsiphix
12-26-2007, 07:46 PM
If the software is good enough I may very well start playing online until I move. I've tried looking around locally but there, so far at least, don't seem to be too many people interested in D&D, much less anybody who knows how to play. I'll probably wait to get some serious real life experience in until I move in six or so months. The real problem with finding people is finding those interested in playing in my... "uncommon" themed campaigns :D