PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

ronpyatt
09-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Have you seen the new show on NBC?
Hiro has my favorite power. Japan to New York teleport. Now that is how teleportation is supposed to work.
And what is up with the woman in the mirror power?

Farcaster
09-26-2006, 11:30 AM
No, not yet, but I do remember seeing an ad for it. Have you seen the 4400? Now that is definitely a cool show. They don't do a lot of effects, and when they do they're sometimes a bit cheesy, BUT, the story line is very cool and they come up with some interesting powers. If someone hasn't already turned this into an RPG or world supplement, they should :)

AsmoTiC
09-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I watched "Heroes" last night. Not horrible, i'm definitly planning on catching the next couple shows to see if it will hold my interest.

Little suprised by how graphic some parts were though. Doesn't really bother me, but i'm a little surprised they were able to get it on regular TV.

Can't say I have a "favorite power" character yet, but I really liked how they had each character discover his/her power.

Again, i'll be watching the next couple episodes to see if it hooks me. It hasn't earned a Season Pass on my Tivo yet, but we'll see.

rabkala
08-28-2007, 09:14 PM
I would save that cheerleader any day! It was my favorite show last season. Kind of X-men-ish. Join the cool kids and watch it.

New season starts September 24, 2007!

PhishStyx
08-28-2007, 10:09 PM
I gotta check with the wife to see which of us is getting it for Christmas. Heroes is one of the few science fiction shows she likes as much as me.

Grimwell
08-28-2007, 10:36 PM
The cheerleader was at Gen Con. My coworkers got in line for autographs. I took pictures. She's a nice girl in person. ;)

Moritz
08-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Hopefully she won't turn into another Lohan/Spears/Hilton

Digital Arcanist
08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I think her family is active in her career and with all the stories about the triumvirate of skank, there's a lot of reasons not be like them.

There's talk of Veronica Mars doing an episode or two as well. I understand she will be a semi-recurring character on Lost as well. I find her most attractive and hope to see her show stay on the air.

rabkala
09-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Did everyone watch the premiere? I can't wait for more. Good stuff! Kensai was a gajin, plots to destroy the company, a new evil emerges, and new characters from Honduras. Any interesting theories?

derfenrirwolv
09-25-2007, 06:07 PM
I wonder if the lady from hondoras turns into a chubacabra or something :)

Wastelander75
09-25-2007, 08:23 PM
I like Parkman personally..but want to know what happend with Nat's brother..can't remeber his name off the top of my head.

Skunkape
09-26-2007, 08:17 AM
but want to know what happend with Nat's brother..can't remeber his name off the top of my head.

You mean Peter?

First episode looked good! Can't wait to see where they go with this season!

Digital Arcanist
09-26-2007, 11:43 AM
I like the fact Peter doesn't look emo anymore.

At first I thought the guy hovering outside Claire's window was Peter just checking up on her but now I wonder if it is Sylar or another one of Nathan's love children.

Wastelander75
09-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Not sure who the boy is but I can't wait till next eps. thank Zeus I have a TVOI

PhishStyx
09-26-2007, 04:40 PM
The boy outside her window was the kid who asked whether she's an alien or a robot in biology class.

Digital Arcanist
09-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Yes I know that.....I was figuring either shape-shifting powers or mental powers like Mastermind from the Brotherhood

PhishStyx
09-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I got the distinct impression from what I've read that he's a completely new character.

I think Sylar is dead. Gone. Working on other acting gigs.

Digital Arcanist
09-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Good....he was beginning to be too powerful. They would have to introduce another all-powerful hero to combat him and then the show stops being about the struggle of living as a mutant and all about big epic battles.

rabkala
09-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Not sure who the boy is but I can't wait till next eps. thank Zeus I have a TVOI

The kid irritates me a little, he should know the cheerleader is mine! :rolleyes: I probably wouldn't watch anything good without my dvr. Just skipping all the commercials makes it worthwhile!

I think Sylar is dead. Gone. Working on other acting gigs.
Some of the previews made me think he will be coming back. Too much power surely could ruin the show.

Hiro is probably my favorite character

Digital Arcanist
09-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Hiro is my favorite as well. He seems to be fulfill every stereotype of the Otaku while still being innocent and just plain cool. Masi Oka is a great actor and I look forward to seeing more episodes focusing on the character.

PhishStyx
09-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Some of the previews made me think he will be coming back. Too much power surely could ruin the show.

Well perhaps, they'll arrange a flashback or time-travel episode with him guest starring for an episode or 2, but primarily Heroes seems to be moving forward to new storylines this season. They've got so many characters that they're doing a spin-off show, so I doubt that they'll really need to re-use anyone who's storyline ended and has gone on to other acting jobs, such as Missy Peregrym (wotta name!).

Wastelander75
09-27-2007, 08:18 PM
From what I have seen it seems that Sylar might be teamed up with another person and if I recall it right didn't we see his blood trrail lead into the sewers at the end of the first season?

rabkala
09-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Blood trails into the sewer are bad news!

Peter will undoubtedly be turned to the dark side before he finds himself and seeks redemption.

Nathan finds love at the bottom of an empty bottle at the moment, but may still find his potential.

The new evil would be best served as an evil mastermind as opposed to a great power.

The cheerleader will grow bored with her protected life. She will have a near insestual relationship with another of Nathan's bastard children. After a short Goth phase, which involves tattoos and piercings, she will head to Green Bay Wisconsin looking for true love.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Well perhaps, they'll arrange a flashback or time-travel episode with him guest starring for an episode or 2, but primarily Heroes seems to be moving forward to new storylines this season. They've got so many characters that they're doing a spin-off show, so I doubt that they'll really need to re-use anyone who's storyline ended and has gone on to other acting jobs, such as Missy Peregrym (wotta name!).

Spin-off show!!?? What is this!?

PhishStyx
10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Spin-off show!!?? What is this!?

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah5320.shtml

The "Heroes" phenomenon is about to get even bigger. NBC will offer 30 combined episodes of "Heroes" and a spin-off called "Origins," which will introduce a new character each week -- one of whom will be chosen by viewers through the "Heroes" website on NBC.com to become a cast regular on "Heroes" the following season. The 24 regular episodes of "Heroes" will be supplemented with six "Origins" episodes.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Pretty awesome!

rabkala
10-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Oh yes, Sylar is back! Why can't good guys ever finish off the bad guys!

Moritz
10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Because it's a comic book. Or the Marvel Universe.

"Oh jeez, Jean is dead again?" - "Oh wait, she's back."

PhishStyx
10-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Jean's been dead for close to 12 issues now; she's due to come back as soon as one of the series switches writers is my guess.