PDA

View Full Version : Savage Tide

someonelse
12-13-2007, 01:23 PM
I have been reading this adventure path since it came out and I really want to play it. The recent trilogy of pirate movies has really inspired me to want to play this game.

I intend to run this in a low magic world, I am going to set it in the "real world" circa 16th to 18th century, no specific year though. Like the Pirate of the Caribbean movies this will be a low magic world. There are still magic users, but they are not socially accepted. Warlocks and Sorcerers are burned at the stake while known Clerics are hounded by sick people in need of healing magic. The PCs can still play spellcasters, but there is a certain roleplaying requirement that comes with it.

Beyond the core rulebooks, the PC options will be limited to Stormwrack and the Complete series. If an intriguing backstory is presented I might allow the use of Savage Species.

I would like to play on either saturday or sunday afternoons.
I am waiting for a minimum of 3 players before I start this game.

someonelse
01-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Update: We are playing on Saturdays starting at noon. We have about 3 - 5 players at the moment, I am open to one or two more if people are looking to join.
We now have a Human Rogue Fighter, an Aventi Wizard and a Sea Cliff Dwarf Fighter. The group could really use a mouth piece, a healer and a wilderness guide, so anyone feel like playing a bard or druid?

Johny Limbo
01-30-2008, 11:33 PM
I like the idea even though I enjoy magic in most of the campaigns I play in or run. I would most likely want to play a variant of a bard or beguiler. Not really sure yet. I am open for the Saturday game, but I run a ongoing campaign every other Sunday. And it is going pretty good,m so I do not want to start skipping sessions on these guys. Let me know what you think. I am not too keen on playing a straight up badr, but I can pull off a scoundrle wordy tyep of character that fit in with the setting. Swashbuckler pirate type fantasy, I can dig that! Give me a shout. If you are serious, email me
monai75@comcast.net

someonelse
06-01-2008, 09:58 AM
We are just now beginning chapter 5 of our story. We have lost some players, the group is down to 2 now.
So we are in need of a few more.

Schmall
06-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Sounds like fun. I love to play and play just about any charecter, but I cant play Saturdays. Working 40+ hours a week all week long, need that Saturday to myself for gf and RL friends. I also DM every other weekend for a group of friends.

If you can play Sunday evening or even during the week on after 9pm Eastern Time, I am up for it.

Oh, what ed. are you using by the way??

EDIT: By the way, do you play online?? It would be the only way I can join.

someonelse
06-05-2008, 08:22 AM
This game is on sundays from 1 till whenever.
No, sorry, we don't play online.

someonelse
07-02-2008, 09:49 AM
We haven't played for a few weeks, frankly I needed a little break from gaming every week. Now we're back. We will be playing again on sunday at 1. We still have only two players, so I am now open to as many as 3 new PCs, get in touch if you want to play.