PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of Defiance characters

Inquisitor Tremayne
12-06-2007, 04:01 PM
If you are planning on playing in a Dawn of Defiance campaign, the new adventure path for the Star Wars Saga Edition, I am interested to see what you have for your characters.

I'm having some difficulty in deciding on who/what my character could/should be. Here are a few ideas so far.

- A Jedi padawan that survived order 66 and has taken it upon themselves to restore the Jedi order. Obviously somewhat arrogant and has an idealistic view of what the Jedi are. Would be Jedi 8/Jedi Knight 7/Jedi Master 5 and focus on being a melee monster and force user. This could be problematic due to the fact that the Jedi are greatly hunted during this setting. Probably my biggest reservation about playing this character.

- A Jedi padawan that has witnessed first hand the horror of order 66 and survived. Fearing persecution he/she has shunned their Jedi roots and instead decides to work as a mercenary/assassin. Hiring out their services to the highest bidder. Eventually get wrapped up in the rebellion and decide that the Jedi order shouldn't die out and gets back on the path of the Jedi. I'm thinking Jedi 1/Scoundrel 4/Soldier 4/Jedi Knight 7/Jedi Master 4.

- A galactic spy/assassin/sharp shooter ala James Bond. Charming and charismatic, smart, and athletic. Shuns attachments and adheres to his/her mission at all times. I'm thinking Scoundrel 5/Soldier 5/Elite Trooper 10.

I'm thinking the second one. . .

GBVenkman
12-07-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm thinking of running that one. If anybody has read it, let me know what you think.

I may go to a club metting and run it but don't have too much time for prep. Is the traitors gambit pretty straight forward to run if I just read it a few times before the meeting?

Edit:

BTW, If everybody else wants to be jedi, then I'd go with the bond guy.

I was thinking of making a scoundrel for all the skills and space stuff which helps a lot with running a good ship/pilot, then go soldier/elite soldier as a sharp shooter which specializes in pistols. A type of space clint eastwood.

Inquisitor Tremayne
12-10-2007, 09:26 AM
I haven't read anything about it because I am going to be a player in it. However I will be collecting the downloads for after we are through so I can use the items and equipment that they present in them.

So far from what I can tell we have a Noble officer type, a Force-Sensitive Noble, a soldier droid of some sort, and my character a Jedi padawan who turns away from being a Jedi until a later time when the Jedi are needed.

Inquisitor Tremayne
12-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Here she is:

Min Sult

Medium Kel Dor Female Jedi 1 CL 1
Destiny 1; Force 8; Darkside 0
Init +6; Senses low-light vision, Perception +7
Languages Basic, Kel Dor, Ryl, Mon Calamarian

Defenses Ref 13 (flat-footed 12), Fort 12, Will 14, Deflect
hp 30; Threshold 12

Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +3 (1d4+2) or
Melee lightsaber +3 (2d8+2)
Ranged blaster pistol -3 (3d6)
Base Atk +1; Grp +3
Atk Options
Special Actions keen Force sense (may reroll Use the Force checks to search feelings or sense Force)

Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14
Talents Deflect
Feats Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber, simple)
Skills Acrobatics +6, Initiative +6, Perception +7, Use the Force +7
Possessions lightsaber (blue), utility belt, spacer clothes, blaster pistol, 125 credits

GBVenkman
12-20-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm running DoD friday night with 5 or 6 players. Has anybody had any problems with the mission, or any tips running it with so many players?

(I'm a green dm)

vadersson
12-20-2007, 08:30 AM
If I can find a game, I am very interested in playing a Gungan Gunslinger/Bounty Hunter. The basic concept is a bitter, hard drinking Gungan soldier that has been exiled from Naboo. He is kind of a grey character, perhaps seeking redemption, perhaps on a spiral to his own destruction.

It was just an interesting idea I tried out on the character spreadsheet posted at Wizards forums. It looked good.

See ya,
Duncan

Farcaster
12-20-2007, 12:11 PM
The very word, "Gungan," makes me shudder. You may thank Jar Jar for that.

vadersson
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
That is the fun on the character. He totally is not what people expect from a Gungan. He is hard, bitter, and cautious. Anyone makes fun of his accent, he is likely to blast them.

"Yousa think me be talking funny?" Bwong! "Mesa think yousa not tinking dat no more."

Hehehehe

Duncan

Inquisitor Tremayne
12-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Thats awesome! Its a shame a whole species is looked down upon because of one really annoying character.

I really want to play a gungan jedi, in fact I think I am going to change my DoD character to just that!

A female gungan!

GBVenkman
01-18-2008, 01:45 AM
I rolled out a scout for an RPGA game this weekend:

Haven't come up with a name
Male/human/scout 1 from Tatooine
Force 5; Darkside 0Init 7 ; Senses, Perception 5
Languages Common, Huttese, Binary
Defenses Ref 15 (flat-footed 13 ), Fort , Will hp 26 ; Threshold 14Speed 6 squares, Melee unarmed +2Ranged Heavy Blaster Pistol: +2 3d8 (+3 3d8+1 with Point Blank)
+1 4d8 With PB and Rapid Shot
Base Atk +0 ; Grp +2Atk Options Rapid ShotSpecial Actions Evasion
Abilities Str , Dex, Con, Int, Wis, ChaAbilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 10Talents EvasionFeats Weapon Prof. Rifles/Pistols, Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot, Shank if OffSkills Endurance +7, Init +7, Knowledge Tactics +7, Mechanics +7, Perception +5, Pilot +7, Stealth +7, Survival +5Possessions: Heavy Blaster Pistol w/ holster, Jet Pack, All Temp Cloak, Binder Cuffs, 2 Power Packs, Tool Kit.

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Here is my character at level 2. I changed her name due to the other players calling her Mini Sl*t.

Jerks.

Xol Kenin ex-Jedi
Medium Kel Dor Female Jedi 1/Soldier 1 CL 2
Destiny 1 (Discovery); Force 9; Darkside 0
Languages Basic, Kel Dor, Mon Calamarian, Ryl
Weakness antiox breath mask and goggles
Defenses Ref 19 (flat-footed 17), Fort 15, Will 14; Deflect
hp 39; Threshold 15
Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +2 (1d4+3) or
Melee lightsaber +2 (2d8+3)
Ranged blaster pistol 3 (3d6+1)
Ranged blaster carbine +2 (3d8+1)
Base Atk +2; Grp +4
Atk Options
Special Actions Damage Reduction 10, Deflect, Keen Force Sense (may reroll Use the Force to Search Feelings or Sense Force)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 12
Talents Damage Reduction 10, Deflect
Feats Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +6, Perception +7, Pilot +8, Use the Force +7
Possessions lightsaber (green, concealed DC 13), blaster pistol (2, 1 concealed DC 13) , stormtrooper blaster carbine, hip holster, gas breather, all temp cloak, utility belt (10 days of food rations, tool kit, power pack (2), energy cell (2), glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, sm, grappling hook), pistol lisence, stormtrooper armor (no helmet), concealed holster (2), datapad, blank data cards (9), datacard (map to Imperial Stronghold on Felucia).

*Edit: updated to current mission.

GBVenkman
01-27-2008, 02:16 AM
Here is my character at level 2. I changed her name due to the other players calling her Mini Sl*t.

Jerks.

Xol Kenin ex-Jedi
Medium human Female Jedi 1/Soldier 1 CL 2
Destiny 1 (Discovery); Force 9; Darkside 0
Defenses Ref 19 (flat-footed 17), Fort 15, Will 14; Deflect
hp 39; Threshold 15
Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +2 (1d4+3) or
Melee lightsaber +2 (2d8+3)
Ranged blaster pistol 3 (3d6+1)
Ranged blaster carbine +2 (3d8+1)
Base Atk +2; Grp +4
Atk Options
Special Actions Damage Reduction 10, Deflect, Keen Force Sense (may reroll Use the Force to search feelings or sense Force)
Feats Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +6, Perception +7, Pilot +8, Use the Force +7
Possessions spacer clothes, lightsaber, blaster pistol, stormtrooper blaster rifle, hip holster, gas breather, all temp cloak, utility belt (3 days of food rations, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, sm, grappling hook), pistol lisence.

My girlfriend's jedi is named Lolita Hussy Zulu, so there's a mini sl*t name for you. Hehee.

vadersson
01-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Xol Kenin ex-Jedi
Medium human Female Jedi 1/Soldier 1 CL 2

Hey, what happened to being a Gungan? I thought I had convinced you to join the movement. :)

Sadly I will not get to play DoD now. The group I found wound up meeting when I could not come. So far I am having a terrible time finding players.

See ya,
Duncan

Inquisitor Tremayne
01-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Whoops! Even thats not right. She is a Kel Dor.

I like Kel Dor better and have been wanting to play a Kel dor Jedi for like ever!

Inquisitor Tremayne
03-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Level 3!!!!!

Xol Kenin ex-Jedi
Medium Kel Dor Female Jedi 1/Soldier 2 CL 3
Destiny 1 (Discovery); Force 11; Darkside 0
Init +8; Senses low-light vision, Perception +7
Defenses Ref 16 (flat-footed 14), Fort 15, Will 15; Damage Reduction 10, Deflect
hp 47; Threshold 15
Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +4 (1d4+3) or
Melee lightsaber +5 (2d8+3)
Ranged blaster rifle (w/ scope) +5 (3d8+1) or
Ranged blaster carbine +5 (3d8+1)
Base Atk +3; Grp +5
Atk Options
Special Actions Keen Force Sense (may reroll Use the Force to Search Feelings or Sense Force)
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +12): battlestrike, surge
Feats Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +8, Perception +7, Pilot +8, Use the Force +12
Possessions lightsaber (green, concealed DC 13), stormtrooper blaster carbine, gas breather, utility belt (10 days of food rations, tool kit, power pack (2), energy cell (2), glow rod, long-range comlink, liquid cable dispenser, sm, grappling hook), pistol license, concealed holster, datapad, blank data cards (9), datacard (map to Imperial Stronghold on Felucia), blaster rifle with targeting scope.

GBVenkman
03-20-2008, 01:44 AM
interesting jedi/soldier build.

We just switched campaigns, so I'm a player now finally :D I'm going with a scout/soldier/elite trooper build, although it's not DoD.

I'm surprised how few people in my area will go for star wars, yet look everywhere for DnD. Anyhow, hope 4e is as fun as Saga.

vadersson
03-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Tell me about people not wanting to play Star Wars. Sigh, I have been trying for 6 months and still can't get a group going. Another group go going, but I could not make their playing schedule. Still I would think there would be more than 7 people in Columbus that want to play.

Thanks,
Duncan

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Level 4!!!!!!!!!!

Xol Kenin Jedi padawan CL 4
Medium Kel Dor Female Jedi 2/Soldier 2
Destiny 1 (Discovery); Force 10; Darkside 0
Init +9; Senses low-light vision, Perception +8
Weakness antiox breath mask and goggles (blind without goggles and/or suffocate without antiox breath mask)
Defenses Ref 17 (flat-footed 15), Fort 17, Will 16; Damage Reduction 10, Deflect
hp 55; Threshold 15

Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +6 (1d4+4) or
Melee lightsaber +7 (2d8+6)
Ranged blaster pistol +1 (3d6+2) or
Ranged blaster carbine +6 (3d8+2)
Ranged frag grenade +6 (4d6+2)
Base Atk +4; Grp +6
Atk Options
Special Actions
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +13): battlestrike, surge

Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 12
Special Qualities Keen Force Sense (may reroll Use the Force to Search Feelings or Sense Force)
Feats Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +9, Perception +8, Pilot +9, Use the Force +13
Possessions lightsaber (green, concealed DC 13), antiox mask and goggles, utility belt (10 days of food rations, tool kit, power pack (4), energy cell (2), glow rod, long-range comlink, liquid cable dispenser (2), sm. grappling hook), pistol license, concealed holster, blaster carbine, blaster pistol, 1 year supply of filters, hip holster, 300 credits, credit chip (1125 credits), frag grenade (1), spacers clothes

Inquisitor Tremayne
07-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Level 5!!!!!!!

Xol Kenin ex-Jedi CL 5
Medium Kel Dor Female Jedi 3/Soldier 2
Destiny 1 (Discovery); Force 10; Darkside 0
Init +9; Senses low-light vision, Perception +8
Weakness antiox breath mask and goggles (blind without goggles and/or suffocate without antiox breath mask)
Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 16), Fort 18, Will 17; Damage Reduction 10, Deflect
hp 63; Threshold 18

Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +7 (1d4+4) or
Melee lightsaber +8 (2d8+8)
Ranged blaster pistol +2 (3d6+2) or
Ranged blaster carbine +7 (3d8+2)
Ranged frag grenade +7 (4d6+2)
Base Atk +5; Grp +7
Atk Options
Special Actions
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +13): battlestrike, surge

Special Qualities Keen Force Sense (may reroll Use the Force to Search Feelings or Sense Force)
Talents Damage Reduction 10, Deflect, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +9, Perception +8, Pilot +9, Use the Force +13
Possessions lightsaber (green, concealed DC 14), antiox mask and goggles, utility belt (10 days of food rations, tool kit, power pack (4), energy cell (2), glow rod, long-range comlink, liquid cable dispenser (2), sm. grappling hook), pistol license, concealed holster, blaster carbine, blaster pistol, 1 year supply of filters, hip holster, 300 credits, credit chip (1125 credits), frag grenade (1), spacers clothes

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Level 6!!!!!!!

I am torn on what to take. i will be taking my 4th level of Jedi which will net me 2 feats, one for being 4th level and one for reaching 6th level.

I just can't decide between Vehicular Combat and Rapid Strike or Force Training and Rapid Strike. I have to take Rapid Strike as my class feat, cause it fits my character and i want to deal lots of damage all the time! But I can't decide between Force Training or Vehicular Combat.

We are playing in DoD and there hasn't really been a lot of vehicle combat and the last vehicle combat we got into we all got our butss handed to us and almost had a TPK, because only one character has the Vehicular Combat feat. But, I initially visualized my character as a starfighter pilot but that changed when an other player in the group made a pilot character and we all realized that there wasn't going to be a lot of vehicle combat.

So, what to do, what to do?

Any suggestions?

I hate to base my character decisions on metagaming but I really don't want to waste resources, especially because it seems this premade adventure, Dawn of Defiance, is very difficult for characters that are not optimized.

Thriondel Half-Elven
10-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Level 6!!!!!!!

I am torn on what to take. i will be taking my 4th level of Jedi which will net me 2 feats, one for being 4th level and one for reaching 6th level.

I just can't decide between Vehicular Combat and Rapid Strike or Force Training and Rapid Strike. I have to take Rapid Strike as my class feat, cause it fits my character and i want to deal lots of damage all the time! But I can't decide between Force Training or Vehicular Combat.

We are playing in DoD and there hasn't really been a lot of vehicle combat and the last vehicle combat we got into we all got our butss handed to us and almost had a TPK, because only one character has the Vehicular Combat feat. But, I initially visualized my character as a starfighter pilot but that changed when an other player in the group made a pilot character and we all realized that there wasn't going to be a lot of vehicle combat.

So, what to do, what to do?

Any suggestions?

I hate to base my character decisions on metagaming but I really don't want to waste resources, especially because it seems this premade adventure, Dawn of Defiance, is very difficult for characters that are not optimized.

i personally would take Force training. can't hurt to be more powerful in the force!:D Especially when there is little vehicular combat.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-15-2008, 10:07 AM
I went with Vehicular Combat.

The other Force User in the group has 12 Force Powers. More than Enough for the both of us!

Thriondel Half-Elven
10-15-2008, 11:34 AM
I went with Vehicular Combat.

The other Force User in the group has 12 Force Powers. More than Enough for the both of us!

good choice given the fact that your group already has a powerful force user. I think it's better to even things out

Inquisitor Tremayne
11-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Level 6!!!!!!!

Xol Kenin Jedi padawan CL 6
Medium Kel Dor Female Jedi 4/Soldier 2
Init +10; Senses low-light vision, Perception +9
Defenses Ref 19 (flat-footed 17), Fort 19, Will 18; Damage Reduction 10, Deflect
hp 71; Threshold 19

Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +8 (1d4+5) or
Melee lightsaber +9 (2d8+9)
Ranged blaster pistol +3 (3d6+3) or
Ranged blaster carbine +8 (3d8+3)
Ranged frag grenade +8 (4d6+3)
Base Atk +6; Grp +8
Atk Options Rapid Strike
Special Actions
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +13): battlestrike (2), move object, surge

Talents Damage Reduction 10, Deflect, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Rapid Strike, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +10, Perception +9, Pilot +10, Use the Force +14
Possessions lightsaber (green, concealed DC 14), antiox mask and goggles, utility belt (10 days of food rations, tool kit, power pack (4), energy cell (2), glow rod, long-range comlink, liquid cable dispenser (2), sm. grappling hook), pistol license, concealed holster, blaster carbine, blaster pistol, 1 year supply of filters, hip holster, 300 credits, credit chip (1125 credits), frag grenade (1), spacers clothes

Inquisitor Tremayne
03-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Level 8!!!!!

Xol Kenin Jedi Knight CL 8
Medium Kel Dor Female Jedi 5/Soldier 2/Jedi Knight 1
Destiny 1 (Discovery); Force 13; Darkside 0
Init +11; Senses low-light vision, Perception +10
Weakness antiox breath mask
Defenses Ref 22 (flat-footed 20), Fort 21, Will 21; Deflect, Block
hp 87; Threshold 21; Second Wind 43/+21
Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +11 (1d4+7) or
Melee lightsaber +14 (2d8+12) or
Melee lightsaber +12 (3d8+12) with Rapid Strike
Ranged by weapon +10
Base Atk +8; Grp +11
Atk Options Rapid Strike
Special Actions Damage Reduction 10
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +15) battlestrike (2), mind trick, move object, rebuke, surge
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 12
Special Qualities Build lightsaber, Keen Force Sense (may reroll Use the Force to search feelings or sense Force)
Talents Block, Deflect, Damage Reduction 10, Greater Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Rapid Strike, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +11, Perception +10, Pilot +11, Use the Force +15
Possessions jedi robes, lightsaber (self-built, yellow), lightsaber (green), gas breather, all temp cloak, utility belt (3 days of food rations, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, sm, grappling hook, pistol license), 82,170 credits

Inquisitor Tremayne
07-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Level 9!!!

Xol Kenin Jedi Knight CL 9 XP 41,501/45,000
Medium Kel Dor Female Jedi 6/Soldier 2/Jedi Knight 1
Init +11; Senses low-light vision, Perception +11
Defenses Ref 23 (flat-footed 21), Fort 22, Will 23; Deflect, Block, Vehicular Combat
hp 95; Threshold 22; Second Wind 47/+23
Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +12 (1d4+7) or
Melee lightsaber +13 (2d8+14) or
Melee lightsaber +11 (3d8+14) with Rapid Strike or
Melee lightsaber +8/+8 (2d8+14) with Double Attack or
Melee lightsaber +6/+6 (3d8+14) with Double Attack with Rapid Strike
Ranged by weapon +11
Base Atk +9; Grp +12
Atk Options Double Attack, Draw Closer, Rapid Strike
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +15): battlestrike, draw closer, mind trick, move object, rebuke, surge
Special Qualities Build lightsaber, Keen Force Sense (may reroll Use the Force to Search Feelings or Sense Force)
Talents Block, Deflect, Damage Reduction 10, Force Pilot, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Double Attack, Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Rapid Strike, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Vehicular Combat, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +11, Perception +11, Pilot +11, Use the Force +15
Possessions lightsaber (self-built, yellow, sigil crystal, pressure grip), spacers clothes, antiox mask and goggles, breath mask, utility belt (3 days of food rations, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, long range comlink, liquid cable dispenser, sm. grappling hook, pistol license, galactic ID, mask filters (2)), credit chip (110 credits), The Beacon of Light S40K Phoenix Hawk starfighter

Dytrrnikl
07-22-2009, 05:04 AM
I've been running DoD with 8 players for awhile now, but have been forced to alter it. IN the Saga book, GM section, it states that the CL for an encounter should be bumped 1 point for every player beyond 4 (maybe 5). Usually this is accomplished by adding an equivalent level baddie. Sometimes I swap out listed baddies and insert my own, typically fewer in number but better quality. The adventures are pretty well written and balanced, but tend to stay more along the lines of groundpounding, though space combat does occur at points, usually due to being forced issue by the group. As far as make-up of the my group, currently average level 10:

Rio Wolf Male Human Level 7 Noble/Level 3 Soldier
Ryder Kane Female Human Level 4 Scoundrel/Level 3 Jedi/Level 3 Ace Pilot
Arethon Male Zabrak Level 5 Noble/Level 3 Scoundrel/Level 2 Soldier
Drake Astin Male Human Level 7 Soldier/Level 3 Elite Soldier
Joriah Sunrider Male Human Level 7 Jedi/Level 3 Jedi Knight
Max Male Codru-Ji (Ported in from previous d20) Soldier 4/Scoundrel 3/Gunslinger 3
Zeebel Male Rodian Level 7 Scoundrel/Level 3 Infiltrator
Aldar Fain Male Human Level 4 Scout/Level 3 Soldier/Level 3 Bounty Hunter

Also, pulling from the Unleashed Sourcebook, the player's of Ryder and Joriah are moving towards a Heroic End sometime before or at the end of the campaign. One wants to go early, and the other wants to stick around as long as possible.

Torjon
10-14-2009, 05:38 AM
Just a tip for players of the DoD, I had a startling realization around Level 7 going through this campaign, enemies get really tough pretty quickly and the campaign is built to fool you at low levels. My GM lifted the race restriction for us but all else is the same I think. And my party(save me) has wiped 5 times!, I am the only original character. we are on the 7th modual now and these fights are scaling at a rate my gaming group seems unable to cope with. I only survive because I'm playing a Gen' Dai with 23 con and 3 2nd winds a day. maybe its just my group, but a word to the wise, don't neglect your combat abilities fights get large and long fast. enemies average 60-100hp at level 7-8ish, and they start giving them destiny and force points to storm troopers at about 9-10.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Just a tip for players of the DoD, I had a startling realization around Level 7 going through this campaign, enemies get really tough pretty quickly and the campaign is built to fool you at low levels. My GM lifted the race restriction for us but all else is the same I think. And my party(save me) has wiped 5 times!, I am the only original character. we are on the 7th modual now and these fights are scaling at a rate my gaming group seems unable to cope with. I only survive because I'm playing a Gen' Dai with 23 con and 3 2nd winds a day. maybe its just my group, but a word to the wise, don't neglect your combat abilities fights get large and long fast. enemies average 60-100hp at level 7-8ish, and they start giving them destiny and force points to storm troopers at about 9-10.

Crazy but we have found the exact opposite. We barely survived levels 1-3, almost TPK'd more than once. Levels 4-6 were in between, mostly just didnt make sense overall. Level 7 was tough and now levels 8 -11 it seems hit or miss. Some are tough while others are incredibly easy.

It seems that the challenges dont scale very well. Or whoever is writing the stories can't make appropriate challenges.

We'll see how we do with levels 11 on up.

Dytrrnikl
10-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Having been running DoD intermixed with my own ideas with a group of 7 to 9 players depending on the week, scaling things according to the guidelines, I've found that the encounters lean in favor of the players. The only times they haven't are those times when they made poor choices both in social encounters and combat encounters, far and few at that. I haven't even come close to a TPK once. We are only about ready to begin module 6, and since the start of the campaign, about half the group at different points have lost there characters - never due to the DoD adventures, always due to my own stuff.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-15-2009, 11:40 PM
I only survive because I'm playing a Gen' Dai with 23 con and 3 2nd winds a day.

This is why Gen' Dai are banned in games I GM. They are too much. The human scout with evasion already is impossible to hit.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Having been running DoD intermixed with my own ideas with a group of 7 to 9 players depending on the week, scaling things according to the guidelines, I've found that the encounters lean in favor of the players. The only times they haven't are those times when they made poor choices both in social encounters and combat encounters, far and few at that. I haven't even come close to a TPK once. We are only about ready to begin module 6, and since the start of the campaign, about half the group at different points have lost there characters - never due to the DoD adventures, always due to my own stuff.

Yeah, we had to do a make up adventure to get us the xp to level up to level 7. So our GM threw something together and it was a lot more fun than the DoD mods.

If they are considering releasing another mod after DoD I suggest they let it be fan created. Recruit some folks from the message boards over at WotC.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Level 10, soon to be level 11!!!

Xol Kenin Jedi Knight CL 10 XP 49,201/55,000
Medium Kel Dor Female Jedi 6/Soldier 2/Jedi Knight 2
Destiny 0 (Discovery); Force 9/Spent 0; Darkside 0
Init +12; Senses low-light vision, Perception +12
Age 25; Height 1.6 meters; Weight 60 kg
Defenses Ref 24 (flat-footed 22), Fort 23, Will 24; Deflect, Block, Vehicular Combat
hp 103/-; DR 10 Rounds 0/10;Threshold 23; Second Wind (1/day) 51/+25; Condition normal
Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +13 (1d4+8) or
Melee lightsaber +14 (2d8+15) or
Melee lightsaber +12 (3d8+15) with Rapid Strike or
Melee lightsaber +9/+9 (2d8+15) with Double Attack or
Melee lightsaber +7/+7 (3d8+15) with Double Attack with Rapid Strike
Ranged by weapon +12
Base Atk +10; Grp +13
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +16) battle strike, draw closer, mind trick, move object, rebuke, surge
Force Techniques Known Force Point Recovery
Special Qualities Build lightsaber, Keen Force Sense (may reroll Use the Force to Search Feelings or Sense Force)
Talents Block, Deflect, Damage Reduction 10, Force Pilot, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Double Attack (lightsabers), Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Rapid Strike, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Vehicular Combat, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +12, Perception +12, Pilot +12, Use the Force +16
Possessions lightsaber (self-built, yellow, sigil crystal, pressure grip), spacers clothes, antiox mask and goggles, breath mask, utility belt (3 days of food rations, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, long range comlink, liquid cable dispenser, sm. grappling hook, pistol license, galactic ID, mask filters (2), datacard with Sarlacc Project information), credit chip (110 credits), The Beacon of Light S40K Phoenix Hawk starfighter

Current Load 9.5
Heavy Load 64 kilos

Possessions on The Morning Star jedi robes, armored flight suit, half a years supply of filters

Possessions on the Beacon of Light Master Dems lightsaber (green), all temp cloak, half a years supply of filters

Possessions on land speeder jetpack

Inquisitor Tremayne
05-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Level 12!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xol Kenin (alias: Xenith Drala) Jedi Knight CL 12 XP 71,830/78,000
Medium Kel Dor Female Jedi 6/Soldier 2/Jedi Knight 4
Destiny 1 (Discovery); Force 14/Spent 1; Darkside 0
Init +13; Senses low-light vision, Perception +13
Defenses Ref 26 (flat-footed 24), Fort 25, Will 26; Deflect, Block, (May reroll Deflect and Block), Vehicular Combat
hp 119/119; DR 10 Rounds -/10;Threshold 25; Second Wind (1/day) 59/+29; Condition normal
Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +15 (1d4+9) or
Melee lightsaber +16 (2d8+16) or
Melee lightsaber +14 (3d8+16) with Rapid Strike or
Melee lightsaber +11/+11 (2d8+16) with Double Attack or
Melee lightsaber +9/+9 (3d8+16) with Double Attack with Rapid Strike
Ranged bryar rifle +14 (3d8+6, ammo = 25, 225 meters max range, 150 squares)
Ranged by weapon +14
Base Atk +12; Grp +15
Special Actions Damage Reduction 10, Soresu
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +17) battle strike x2, draw closer, farseeing, force slam, mind trick, move object, rebuke, surge
Force Techniques Known Force Point Recovery, Force Power Mastery (Battle Strike)
Abilities Str 16 (+9), Dex 14 (+8), Con 13 (+7), Int 14 (+8), Wis 15 (+8), Cha 12 (+7)
Talents Block, Deflect, Damage Reduction 10, Force Pilot, Soresu, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Double Attack (lightsabers), Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (x3), Rapid Strike, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Vehicular Combat, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +13, Perception +13, Pilot +13, Use the Force +17
Possessions lightsaber (self-built, yellow, sigil crystal, pressure grip), spacers clothes, antiox mask and goggles, breath mask, hands free comlink, utility belt (3 days of food rations, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, long range comlink, liquid cable dispenser, sm. grappling hook, pistol license, rifle license, galactic ID, mask filters [2]), credit chip (1309 credits), The Beacon of Light S40K Phoenix Hawk starfighter, comlink (tagge co. trooper)

Slipstream
05-30-2010, 04:33 PM
My group started a game about a month ago. Here's the sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=209487) on my wookie! He's a lot of fun to play, if a bit broken right now. He really shines when he lands his hits, but is really good for nothing else :P

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Level 13!!! Yay for Jedi Masters!

Xol Kenin (alias: Xenith Drala) Jedi Knight CL 13 XP 78,000/91,000
Medium Kel Dor Female Jedi 6/Soldier 2/Jedi Knight 4/Jedi Master 1
Destiny 1 (Discovery); Force 16/Spent 0; Darkside 0
Init +13; Senses low-light vision, Perception +13
Immune Fearless (immune to fear effects)
Defenses Ref 28 (flat-footed 26), Fort 27, Will 28; Deflect, Block, (May reroll Deflect and Block), Vehicular Combat
hp 113/127; DR 10 Rounds 0/10;Threshold 27; Second Wind (1/day) 63/+31; Condition normal
Temporary Bonuses
Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +16 (1d4+9) or
Melee lightsaber +17 (2d8+16) or
Melee lightsaber +15 (3d8+16) with Rapid Strike or
Melee lightsaber +12/+12 (2d8+16) with Double Attack or
Melee lightsaber +10/+10 (3d8+16) with Double Attack with Rapid Strike
Ranged bryar rifle +15 (3d8+6, ammo = 25, 225 meters max range, 150 squares)
Ranged by weapon +15
Base Atk +13; Grp +16
Special Actions Damage Reduction 10, Soresu
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +17) battle strike x2, draw closer, farseeing, force slam, mind trick, move object, rebuke, surge
Force Techniques Known Force Point Recovery, Force Power Mastery (Battle Strike)
Abilities Str 16 (+9), Dex 14 (+8), Con 13 (+7), Int 14 (+8), Wis 15 (+8), Cha 12 (+7)
Special Qualities Build lightsaber, Keen Force Sense (may reroll Use the Force to Search Feelings or Sense Force), Serenity (full round action Force Trance, emerge as swift action first skill check or attack is a natural 20)
Talents Block, Deflect, Damage Reduction 10, Equilibrium, Force Pilot, Soresu, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Double Attack (lightsabers), Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (x3), Rapid Strike, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Vehicular Combat, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +13, Perception +13, Pilot +13, Use the Force +17
Possessions lightsaber (self-built, yellow, sigil crystal, pressure grip), spacers clothes, antiox mask and goggles, breath mask, hands free comlink, utility belt (3 days of food rations, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, long range comlink, liquid cable dispenser, sm. grappling hook, pistol license, rifle license, galactic ID, mask filters [2]), credit chip (1309 credits), The Beacon of Light S40K Phoenix Hawk starfighter, comlink (tagge co. trooper)

I use this as my character sheet during the game, hence all the notes all over it.

Dytrrnikl
06-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Level 13!!! Yay for Jedi Masters!

Umm how is it that your attribute adjustments are off by +6. Unless I missed something with your notes, this seems to be a typo to me. I ask, because I ahven't come across anything in Star Wars saga that does this to attributes adjustments as a point of fact. Is this a house rule? Or the goofy monster attribute thing from 4E DnD ported into Saga?

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-28-2010, 10:11 PM
It is just my notes so I know what to add to skill checks that I am not trained in.