PDA

View Full Version : New to Cincinnati, looking for a group

Wereleopard
12-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi,

I'm Julie, and I live north of Cincinnati. I'm looking for a new group, since I left my old one behind when I moved here. I'm very familiar with LOTR d6 (have played and GMed extensively), and decently familiar with Star Wars d20 (played about 10 times). I'm also willing to learn D&D, WoD or anything superhero based. I just want to get my game back on!

I'm looking for more of a character/plot driven game than excessive combat, and I'm willing to tag-team on GMing if it's a system I'm familiar with or you'll teach me. In my spare time, I make costumes, write dark fantasy/horror fiction, play City of Heroes and Heroclix, and listen to every kind of music known to man.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Moritz
12-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Heya Julie. Feel free to check the player registry <it's on the gray line at the top of this page>. You can put your location and do a search for locals that you could PM looking for a game.

Other than that, welcome to the boards. Feel free to jump in on conversations and add what ever you like.

Farcaster
12-06-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm very familiar with LOTR d6 (have played and GMed extensively)

Welcome, Wereleopard! A Lord of the Rings GM? How fortuitous! We were recently discussing the LotR setting in another thread, and one of the things that was brought up was that the setting seemed rather "closed." In other words, the story has been told, where do you go from there?

I am a Tolkein fan, but like some other settings (Star Wars, Babylon 5, for example). It seems like a closed setting to me. Playing in it without either overwriting what's been done or doing something worthwhile if you aren't doing the big stuff seems difficult to me.

Perhaps you could share your insights on that thread (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1947).

Wereleopard
12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi Moritz and Farcaster! Thanks for the welcomes :)

I've already set myself up in the player registry, hopefully someone finds me who's less than an hour away... *fingers crossed*

And I'll definitely pop over to that other thread and check it out, thanks!

Drohem
12-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Hello and welcome to boards Wereleopard!

Moritz
12-07-2007, 10:01 PM
WKRP in Cincinnati....

PhishStyx
12-08-2007, 03:13 AM
WKRP in Cincinnati....

I actually saw a few episodes of WKRP online last week.

Wereleopard
12-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah, every year around Thanksgiving several of the local radio stations do gag advertisements for turkey drops. Nobody younger than 20 has any idea why that's funny.

Praetorian1974
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi Julie,

I run two campaigns in the west chester area of Cincinnati. The games are on Saturdays, alternating weeks.

The first game is a Call of Cthulhu campaign, Modern Era; Dark Reflections. The players are part of an investigative team that works for a quasi-government organization known as the Obsidian Group. This campaign just started.

The second campaign is Star Wars: Rise of the Rebellion. The players are members of a Privateer vessel that is working with the Rebel Alliance. They mission is to draw Imperial attention away from the Rebel Alliance and on to themselves in an effort to help the Rebels. Presently the players are attempting to find a Clone Wars era warship that disappeared 18 years ago before the Imperial find it. This campaign uses the original Star Wars D6 system WEG version.

I can be reached at: 419-654-0353 (cell) - we just moved to Cincinnati from Toledo.

or at Yahoo IM: masque_du_diable

or email address: masque.du.diable@gmail.com

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
12-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Hello and welcome to the boards.

Chi
12-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Welcome welcome

tesral
12-23-2008, 01:36 AM
More of that distance thing happening again. Good luck with the search.