PDA

View Full Version : Howdy All

cjdiplomat
11-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Good day to you all. My name is Chris and I live in Burnsville MN. I haven't played in awhile, but would like to start up again. Looking for a group to get together with for some D&D style campaigns or Settlers of Catan style board games. Open to almost anything. I'm an old school player, played mostly back in the box set days, but also 2nd ed. Used to play and GM Car Wars as well, though not many people played that even back when it was new. I'm available most days, though I work evenings 230pm to 11pm M-F.

Drohem
11-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Hello and welcome!

Farcaster
11-30-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm available most days, though I work evenings 230pm to 11pm M-F.

I remember having to work transition shift... I always hated it. Graveyard shift was almost better, but now they tell us that working the graveyard shift may increase your odds of getting cancer (http://edition.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/11/29/night.shift.cancer.ap/index.html). How crazy is that?!

Digital Arcanist
11-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your time here.

That's almost as crazy as "Living increases your risk of getting cancer."

Maelstrom
11-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Used to play and GM Car Wars as well, though not many people played that even back when it was new.

Ahh, Car wars! An excellent game I found in the bargain bin some 10 odd years ago. Couldn't ever find anyone to play with though so I ended up doing a lot of solo play...

Shane
11-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Is that CJdiplomat as in Jeep CJ?

cjdiplomat
12-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Is that CJdiplomat as in Jeep CJ?

It's my initials, Christopher James, followed by the car I used to drive, '81 Diplomat, until it died two years ago. Now I drive a Grand Cherokee. CJ's are fun vehicles. Had a CJ10 out at the base that was pretty much mine to drive since no one except the second in command liked them and we had two. It was governed too low, only 20 mph, for most people, but was the only vehicle we had that could to wheelies, though only for a short distance. It was also the only vehicle that could tow 20K lbs of munitions without breaking a sweat.

cjdiplomat
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Ahh, Car wars! An excellent game I found in the bargain bin some 10 odd years ago. Couldn't ever find anyone to play with though so I ended up doing a lot of solo play...

Yeah no doubt. Had a couple of friends that played with me, but they moved and I ended up playing alone after that. Tried getting some of the guys in college to play, but only lasted a couple of games, ended up playing AD&D instead.

Got lots of money invested in it though. Got almost all of the ADQ issues and many of the expansions, box sets and some of the die cast cars. Nobody was willing to buy anything so I bought everything I saw for sale. Probably would have had everything if eBay existed back then.

PhishStyx
12-04-2007, 01:56 PM
I remember having to work transition shift... I always hated it. Graveyard shift was almost better, but now they tell us that working the graveyard shift may increase your odds of getting cancer (http://edition.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/11/29/night.shift.cancer.ap/index.html). How crazy is that?!

Sure, but does that have more to do with the hours being worked or the places worked in?