PDA

View Full Version : Cool and Funky Premise Generator

Digital Arcanist
11-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I found this while not looking for pr0n....

It gives some wild and humorous seeds from which a homebrew world-tree may sprout....

http://www.penguinking.com/premise.php

Since it pertains to all games and genres i decided to post it here. I hope you enjoy it.

PhishStyx
11-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Premise: Journalist princesses uphold their honour as Heaven and Hell marshal for the final battle.
Genre: Dungeon Crawl/Fantasy/Thriller

Premise: Demonic rebels sate their thirst for blood within a sentient, world-sized spacecraft.
Genre: Pulp/Action/Noir

Premise: Renegade detectives unravel the mysteries of the human genome in the unimaginably distant past.
Genre: Steampunk/Martial Arts/Action

Premise: Bounty-hunting psychopaths uncover a shocking conspiracy amid the lawless Caribbean Isles.
Genre: Epic/Fantasy/Western

Premise: Elementally empowered bounty hunters quest for glory in modern-day Chicago.
Genre: Cyberpunk/Comedy/Thriller

Digital Arcanist
11-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Greatest Premise of all:

Premise: Crime-fighting cats look for a good time in the highly competitive fashion industry.
Genre: Steampunk/Crime

HolyDiver
11-23-2007, 10:53 PM
It seems to like the highly competitive fashion industry ending... I got two of those in a row

Premise: Nudist felines challenge orthodoxy during the Italian Renaissance.
Genre: Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk/Fantasy

Premise: Mutated marines collect human souls in a transparent ripoff of... respectful homage to Tolkien's Middle-Earth.
Genre: Western/Comedy

And this one is great but it didn't post quite right there is supposed to be a strike through the words 'transparent ripoff of'

Fsuphilosophy09
11-24-2007, 05:54 AM
this thing is hilarious a laugh riot look at my results...

Premise: Cowboy athletes come of age during the Protestant Reformation.
Genre: Noir/Comedy

?? lol there were cowboys during the protestant reformation???

Premise: Fascist robots indulge their peculiar hobbies amid the desolate moons of Saturn.
Genre: Adventure

lol fascusts

Premise: Zoroastrian hackers seek adventure and romance in 1960s California.
Genre: Horror

Hackers 60's? where there computers then?

Premise: Megalomaniac shipwrights stick it to the Man in the catacombs beneath the Vatican.
Genre: Cyberpunk

my favorite right here... stick it to that man megalomaniac shipwrights..:D

Premise: Convervative aliens look for a good time in modern-day Rome.
Genre: Martial Arts/Comedy

:eek:need i say anything

****EDIT****
upon my seonce attempts an even better one came up

Premise: Android hockey players search for a cure to their terminal condition in the frigid Canadian Northwest.
Genre: Steampunk/Pulp/Action

lol this is to much....

Digital Arcanist
11-24-2007, 11:07 AM
I think the last one is actually happening as we speak....and I think the cure is curling!!!! *gasp*

Grimwell
11-24-2007, 06:42 PM
What's cool about this is that I find most of these scenarios ridiculous beyond compare, but if you tweak any of them a little it's suddenly a very real campaign possibility.

Digital Arcanist
11-24-2007, 06:47 PM
There is an option to tone down the ridiculousness of the generator....it still gives great ideas.